The 'double surprise' TR.... Finished!

Another great day apart from getting locked out of your room:headache: it just really isn't acceptable service. :confused3

773.jpg

779.jpg

oh I love those 2 last photos :love:!

what a mixed-up day! Glad you finally got it sorted though, its awful when you're already tired and things go wrong, just makes everything more stressful somehow. What time did you go for your tea at the Cafe Fantasia?

I'm just gobsmacked at the treatment at DLH. Completely unacceptable. I would have had steam coming out of my ears.

Apart from that it seems like an amazing trip. Your DDs look precious and might be a weird link but you look like Kelly MacDonald (especially striking resemblance in the Orbitron picture but this is so random... hahaha)

I'm looking forward to the rest of your TR :)

Have loved your trip report. Many thanks for sharing.

Your girls are so cute. They look fab in their costumes.

I can hardly believe what terrible service that you got at DLH. Hope you get a good response from your letter to them. In the past I have sent a copy of my complaint to the CEO of the company (always send it private and confidential as then it tends not to be opened by lower members of the staff). Then at least you know you have complained to the top.:thumbsup2

Thank you so much - I think they are cute but then I'm biased ;).

I haven't heard anything yet re my letter but then to be honest I sent it snail mail and I'm just wanting them to register what happened and hopefully learn from it - an apology would be nice but that's all I want from it. I have drawn a line under it now - we still haven't worked out where we are staying in November. We had thought DLH because of proximity to the park (if it's cold, it's ideal) and my Mum loves the hotel but I'm really undecided now. I'm not overly impressed with the current offer so I guess if a better one comes along for the DLH it will make our decision, if not we'll have a rethink. I'm happy to give it another go if we get a good enough offer on the site. I'm just hoping it was a 'one off' :confused3.

Another great day apart from getting locked out of your room:headache: it just really isn't acceptable service. :confused3

Thanks Jo - Inventions was good so I think it made up for the slight 'issue' earlier :lmao:.

oh I love those 2 last photos :love:!

what a mixed-up day! Glad you finally got it sorted though, its awful when you're already tired and things go wrong, just makes everything more stressful somehow. What time did you go for your tea at the Cafe Fantasia?

Thanks Elaine - my photos aren't really very good but I thought I'd share them anyway :).

We went to Cafe Fantasia about 3 pm I think. I really enjoyed it as it wasn't busy - it just has such a nice atmosphere in there :goodvibes.

I'm just gobsmacked at the treatment at DLH. Completely unacceptable. I would have had steam coming out of my ears.

Apart from that it seems like an amazing trip. Your DDs look precious and might be a weird link but you look like Kelly MacDonald (especially striking resemblance in the Orbitron picture but this is so random... hahaha)

I'm looking forward to the rest of your TR :)

Thanks so much for the comments Aurynn :). We did have a lovely trip, such a nice opportunity to spend such a nice time together as a family (it's the first time we've done DLRP without my Mum & Dad so in some ways I was worrying about coping without Mum (and missing sharing with her), but in others it was nice to do it as just the 4 of us. And, it's given us the excuse to go back in November for Christmas with Mum :banana:).

I'm not sure about the Kelly MacDonald look a like though :lmao:. DH says he can see a resemblance but I think she has a much thinner nose than me. I'm one of those unfortunates that people always think I look like someone :lmao: - Nigella Lawson, Tiffany (an 80s singer!), even Cheryl Cole (obv a much older version :rolleyes:).

Day Six (last day!)

I actually didn't get a chance to write any notes for today as it was our checking out day and it seemed to go over very quickly (I even managed to miss the Disboard meet as I forgot about it which was disappointing!) - so I'm relying on my photos.

We got up early and I finished packing. Went to breakfast in Inventions and had nice food etc as usual. I then went and checked us out of the hotel and settled up our account (as I had been forced to have 2 easypasses for the 2 reservations (they wouldn't amalgamate earlier in the trip!) I was really worried that the accounts would be wrong but they weren't - they had even joined them together that morning so they were ready in one account for me).

We had left our luggage in the room and rang luggage services to collect and store it (another great service the DLH offers - I know a few other hotels do as well).

So, we headed to the Parks and did a little bit shopping this morning to finish off during the end of EMH.

We then headed to see the Dragon and got some photos - DD2 said it wasn't real but DD1 told her not to be silly - of course it is real :lmao:. Anyway, she was on fine form, if a little bit bad tempered from being woken up.

788.jpg

793.jpg

We quickly hopped on Peter Pan with our VIP FP from the hotel and then headed onto Pinnochio as we hadn't yet done it this trip - the queue had either been huge or it wasn't open (both this ride and Snow White seemed to be open alternatively during the day during the whole week and only for short hours!?). The girls both managed it although they were a little scared in places - all was well though when they saw the Blue Fairy at the end.

799.jpg

We then went over to BTM and rode that twice I think (we never seemed to ride it once with the VIP FPs so I'm sure this is correct!).

By this point it was getting close to our Cafe Mickey reservation at 1.45 pm. It has become a tradition that we always do Cafe Mickey for lunch on our last day. I had wanted to make it a little later as we had a later flight home than normal. So we headed over to the Village and had a look at Panoramagique (I'd hoped we'd get to do this as part of the EoS deal but it never happened and I'm not even sure the balloon got up at all during our week as it was windy/rainy quite a bit).

We checked into Cafe Mickey and DD1 was delighted to see Chip n Dale (she had hoped to see them but hadn't had success so far). However, as we sat at our table they disappeared upstairs as did the other characters, so we waited for the next lot to appear.

We ordered two pizzas and a garlic bread between us which was ample and soft drinks for us all. Total was 45.73 euros with SH discount. I have to say the pizzas and bread were quite dry and not the best I've ever tasted but the waitress was pleasant and it was quick.

827.jpg

828.jpg

829.jpg

We met Mickey (again), Goofy (again) and then a new character - Eeyore which both girls were over the moon with as he's sooo cuddly! Tigger then came over and was quite good fun. All the time DD1 kept saying she hoped she'd get to see Chip n Dale... Mickey came back to us again (he ahem, must have forgotten he'd already seen us but we weren't complaining - he even pulled up a seat with us :cloud9:). It really was time to go by this point as we'd been finished the food for ages. During the meal I'd said how I had really wanted to try EoS but hadn't had the time so I suggested we went there for coffees & desserts which DH agreed to. So, we wanted to get over there but DD1 was soo desperate to wait incase the chipmunks arrived and then...... they did! She nearly jumped out of her seat with joy - bless her. I am pleased we saw them though as in true form, they were sooo funny - I ended up having a little dance with them as we were trying to take photos and I was trying to guide them to a spot around the table to take the photo and they thought I wanted to dance :rotfl:.

825.jpg

830.jpg

833.jpg

836.jpg

Characters checked off we headed for EoS just as a huge shower was starting!

We ordered two lattes and various desserts (too many actually - I think we had 5 for 4 of us :confused3). 3 choc puddings (which are to die for) a brownie and a 3 berry yogurt parfait. Total was 16.56 with SH discount. I really liked the inside of the building and the food was yummy but we did have an issue with our coffees (why is it always me it happens to?). I stood and waited and waited and waited for them - people came and went and eventually after about 10-15 mins and no one else at the counter I went and said I was still waiting for my coffees! The girl just went 'oh' and walked off - muttered something to the 'coffee' girl who tutted and then made the coffees - handed them to me without a thank you or sorry for the wait or anything. So I'd give the place 5/5 for the food but sorry, 2/5 for the service this time - it's not even like the place was busy! :confused3

We decided to head upstairs and take in the lovely views :love: and eat lots of pudding :love:.

839.jpg

By this point it was getting close to 4 pm and Stars n Cars in the Studios which we hadn't yet seen. We headed in but it was packed and DD2 had gone to sleep but looked very uncomfortable in her pushchair so I decided to get her out and have a seat (on the old stage) while holding her. DH took DD1 over to see the parade but they didn't get such a great view and I don't think they were very impressed - it was much, much better before when they did their little show :confused3.

DH took DD1 on the flying carpets using the VIP FP and then we were lucky enough to get into the Playhouse Disney show which was due to start (as others have reported there seemed a distinct lack of English shows this week, which meant huge queues for the shows meaning invariably people queuing near the back didn't get places :confused:). I'm pleased we managed to do this for DD2 though, she enjoyed it although didn't remember my friends tigger & pooh etc - this show is loooong due and update isn't it! DD1 sat through it but wasn't enthralled obviously.

We came out and it was time to head over to the DLH to collect our luggage and wait for our driver.... The driver didn't come into the lobby to collect us but I had noticed a minibus outside for about 10 mins. So, when our collection time had just lapsed I thought it best to go and ask - and it was for us!

So, back to the airport and then eventually back home - uneventful flight etc and on time :)

I'll do final thoughts tomorrow as it's late now!

Thanks so much for the comments Aurynn :). We did have a lovely trip, such a nice opportunity to spend such a nice time together as a family (it's the first time we've done DLRP without my Mum & Dad so in some ways I was worrying about coping without Mum (and missing sharing with her), but in others it was nice to do it as just the 4 of us. And, it's given us the excuse to go back in November for Christmas with Mum :banana:).

I'm not sure about the Kelly MacDonald look a like though :lmao:. DH says he can see a resemblance but I think she has a much thinner nose than me. I'm one of those unfortunates that people always think I look like someone :lmao: - Nigella Lawson, Tiffany (an 80s singer!), even Cheryl Cole (obv a much older version :rolleyes:).

Any excuse to go back is valid. We'll be renewing our AP's just for that reason... Eheheheh. :banana:

I have the same problem but not with celebrities. So people go like: Oh you totally look like this or that person and I'm like: erm who? Usually turns out it's this girl they know from school/work/whatever. :rotfl2:

Glad your girls got to see Chip and Dale after all. They're favourites of my DB as well so I'm hoping we'll run into them Thursday or Friday.

EoS for pudding, isn't it? We'll have to try that out then.

Lovely update :)

Nice idea to finish the day with a trip to Cafe Mickey to meet some characters. Glad that the DLH managed to sort your check out ok - funny how they always get the money bit right ;)

I agree about Playhouse Disney. The first year it was out ( I think 3 years ago), Lewis was just at the right age, and he watched it at home all the time so knew everything about it. We all thought it was amazing. He's out that age range now, but from what I can gather the tv programmes have changed quite a lot since then. Shame they can't seem to keep up to date.

Thanks for all the photos. Your dd's are lovely, they look so happy at DLP princess:

Any excuse to go back is valid. We'll be renewing our AP's just for that reason... Eheheheh. :banana:

I have the same problem but not with celebrities. So people go like: Oh you totally look like this or that person and I'm like: erm who? Usually turns out it's this girl they know from school/work/whatever. :rotfl2:

Glad your girls got to see Chip and Dale after all. They're favourites of my DB as well so I'm hoping we'll run into them Thursday or Friday.

EoS for pudding, isn't it? We'll have to try that out then.

Thanks Aurynn - yes it was EoS for pudding - they have a great selection!

Fantastic TR and pictures :goodvibes

Thank you so much for your comments :goodvibes.

Lovely update :)

Nice idea to finish the day with a trip to Cafe Mickey to meet some characters. Glad that the DLH managed to sort your check out ok - funny how they always get the money bit right ;)

I agree about Playhouse Disney. The first year it was out ( I think 3 years ago), Lewis was just at the right age, and he watched it at home all the time so knew everything about it. We all thought it was amazing. He's out that age range now, but from what I can gather the tv programmes have changed quite a lot since then. Shame they can't seem to keep up to date.

Thanks for all the photos. Your dd's are lovely, they look so happy at DLP princess:

Thank you Julie - the girls did have a lovely time!

I said weeks ago that I would post 'final thoughts' on our June trip and I've not done it! I have had closure on it now so here goes...

To sum up, we had a lovely time and although DH and I were ready to come home on day 6, it was nice to have the longer break to ensure we did everything we wanted to and could have naps etc in between. I was surprised that the longer park hours worked very well for us, as I was really worried that the girls wouldn't cope well. But because with the DLH being so close, an afternoon nap was easy :thumbsup2. We really enjoyed the extra hours :goodvibes. Riding BTM in the dusk/almost dark is amazing! Plus of course Dreams was just fabulous to round off the days!

However, like a few others on here recently, I did feel something was lacking from our trip. I know that this can be a huge source of debate about looking for magic and making magic etc. But we went with the same frame of mind as we have been on previous trips :confused3.

The lack of characters, the issues with the DLH and a few other little niggles (like waiting 45 mins for our pre booked table at Walts) just didn't cut it as much this time.

We certainly didn't have as many 'magical' moments as previous trips. Whether it's because we have seen a lot of it before, I really don't know.

Nevertheless, as a family it was a priceless break for us and our lovely girls and that is what matters :goodvibes.

We now have our November/December trip to look forward to - our first at Christmas and I am quite excited but also a little apprehensive if I am honest. We in all honesty, probably would not have booked this trip if we had gone in June before booking our flights for November. DH in particular wasn't as keen on our June trip and he is the realist in the family so we may not get to do things again that didn't go so well last time (like him being ill after Blue Lagoon and Auberge not being great value for money this time!) :lmao:! However, when it comes to his girls he is normally workable :rotfl2:.

My DD1 will be over 7.5 yrs this Christmas and I wanted to do something special this year as next year, she could well be getting to the point where she no longer believes :scared1:. I hope not, but I'd like to do something nice this year just in case! ;) My DH and I are also celebrating a special Wedding Anniversary while at DLRP and my parents are coming with us too so it really is a family event - fingers crossed all goes well! :rolleyes1

We have eventually had a reply from DLRP regarding the issues we experienced at the DLH. This has only happened however after over a month, and 4 emails chasing them which imho is simply atrocious :headache:. It sadly hasn't sweetened mine or DH's feelings about the place at the moment. The reply disappointingly had some basic facts wrong - things like them stating that our card keys were demagnetised when both our keys stopped working at the same time (both stored in different areas) and the CM on reception told us they had been 'locked' and we had been checked out, when I went to sort it out. Other issues too were trivialised I think. However, we got the apology we were hoping for and most importantly, they told us that appropriate action via Quality Managers and training would be given - we couldn't have hoped for more (if indeed it does happen!). They also stated that they hope we will return to DLRP and they can get the chance to give us a proper Disney welcome - not sure what that means - perhaps they'll not lock us out of our room this time or something :laughing:.

After this... I'm not saying that we definitely won't return to DLRP (never say never!) but I think that depends on how the November trip pans out. I want to go with an open mind and hopefully pixie dust will restore our 'Disney faith'! We are very lucky to have a few holidays booked abroad over the coming months and also into Spring next year, so not sure what we'll be doing next summer. I hope to start a 'Florida holiday fund' next year though as our first family visit is definitely on the cards for summer 2015 when my DD2 will be old enough (in our eyes) to visit/manage the flight etc. So, if we don't make DLRP again for a while, our Disney fix will have to wait until then! ;)

Thank you to everyone who read along on this TR - I know it was long and at times I felt like I was whining about the slightest thing once I was set off by the DLH :-)rolleyes:), so thanks for all your lovely, encouraging comments along the way :hug:.

Just finished reading your report :) what a shame you had the issues with the hotel and such a disappointing response from them :sad2: but I've really enjoyed reading about your holiday and your lovely DDs.

pixiedust: pixiedust: that your next holiday makes up for the shortcomings on this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter