The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

Ohmygodddddd, the new Tower of Terror dress is amazing! It might be my all-time favorite ride and the dress is fabulous. I just wish I was able to try it on - I'm worried the bust will fit really strangely on me. And those elastic side panels sometimes make for a weird fit. I'm in Canada so I'm not even sure if I can have stuff shipped here (normally I ship to a US mailing address but the Canada/US border is closed because of COVID). I'll have to wait it out and hope it'll still be around the next time I'm at Disney...though that doesn't seem like it'll be any time soon, the way things are going. 😩
I hope its there when you come...

FoxC63, that looks amazing on you.
That is the one I got, and I'm trying to lose weight, so I got it a little smaller than I should have. I'm only 5 feet tall, so I get lost in anything bigger than a large.
At least if it doesn't fit me, I'm sure it will fit my sister.

I think this style is more dependent on your breast/bra size and waist. I can still wear my other dresses size small, though they fit very snug. The Mickey Mouse Sketch which is a small will not fit at all. The way I see it, I have two choices lose weight or sell my dresses. I don't want to turn them all into skirts.

Let's start with my measurements :sad2:
There are FOUR not the typical three as seen below;
View attachment 520327

Bust: 36.24", I wear a 34DD bra
Midriff: 29.5" - This measurement is taken directly under your breast.
Waist: 32.5" / Hips: 39" / Height: 5'2"

The midriff measurement is important due to how these dresses are made, they are very close to the body so think back fat. Yes, it's a thing.
View attachment 520329

View attachment 520330

So is arm fat! :rolleyes: I purchased Small and Medium. I could not zip the small half way up. The medium fit best overall. There is slight gap on the shoulders though the dress has not been washed. I am wearing the black crinoline slip.
That looks great on you!

I have a confession...I have the Mickey dress in medium so that’s what I ordered in this dress. Anyways, the Mickey dress, cannot wear a bra with it. It’s so tight up top that it keeps the girls in place for a couple hours. It’s the same way with the Trader Sam’s dress. Both dresses I tried on at Disney Springs before I bought them. The larges really looked horrible on me (hubby agreed) so I went with the bra-less option in the medium instead.

I got the HM dress yesterday. It think it runs small, or I gained the Covid -15. :( Funny because the Inside-Out dress ran a little big.
Mine came today and I was very unhappy with the fit. I'm petite (5'2") but have a large chest. The top ended up being too tight and the bottom half of the dress was too big. I don't think I can size up any as that will make it entirely too long. For the cost of the dress, I'm not interested in having it tailored to fit. I'm so disappointed!

Mine came today and I was very unhappy with the fit. I'm petite (5'2") but have a large chest. The top ended up being too tight and the bottom half of the dress was too big. I don't think I can size up any as that will make it entirely too long. For the cost of the dress, I'm not interested in having it tailored to fit. I'm so disappointed!
I don’t have mine yet, but I think it may fit a lot like the Fantasia dress. I got a medium (my normal size) and it was tight everywhere! I sized up in this one hoping it fits better, however, I’m not as petite as you. Could you just bring up the hem line a bit?

Wait...which HM dress was it? The blue or wallpaper? I’m so far behind on the Disboards lately :(

I’m sorry @03GirlsMom . :sad: What size did you end up getting? I’m 5’3” with a 34H top. I bought both. I tend to fit right between a medium and a large and went with a large for both. I really dislike buying stuff I can’t try on first.

I don’t have mine yet, but I think it may fit a lot like the Fantasia dress. I got a medium (my normal size) and it was tight everywhere! I sized up in this one hoping it fits better, however, I’m not as petite as you. Could you just bring up the hem line a bit?

Wait...which HM dress was it? The blue or wallpaper? I’m so far behind on the Disboards lately :(
Mine was the blue one. I'm hopeless when it comes to sewing or hemming clothing. I've made several attempts throughout my lifetime and have finally resigned myself to have someone else handle. I could potentially try to size up. I would have to purchase through a third party seller at this point and would then be stuck with the dress if it didn't work out. I think I need to sleep on it. I really do love the dress. I wish they would make these in petite sizes!

I’m sorry @03GirlsMom . :sad: What size did you end up getting? I’m 5’3” with a 34H top. I bought both. I tend to fit right between a medium and a large and went with a large for both. I really dislike buying stuff I can’t try on first.
I went with the medium. Definitely needed the large! I could hardly get the top zipped and couldn't breathe when I finally did.

I'm mad at myself for not having the forethought to buy both a medium & a large to try on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter