The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

These dresses are adorable! How do they fit for plus size gals? Run small/big or true to size?

Depends on your chest. A friend of mine is plus sized, usually wears a 1x but has smaller breasts and was able to go down to an XL. The skirts are super flowy

NEW

New Mulan Dooney & Bourke Handbags for 20th Anniversary - All are Coated Cotton

Tote $268, Front & back Views
View attachment 332464

Crossbody $228
View attachment 332465

Wristlet $128
View attachment 332466

Currently the bags are on backorder until July and will ship July 17th.

Thank You Blog Mickey!
Link: http://blogmickey.com/2018/06/new-m...andbags-celebrate-the-films-20th-anniversary/

As much as I love these bags, I just can't trust D&B ever since the Haunted Mansion bag debacle. Should never have taken that much to get them to do something, especially after their supposed guarantees.

As much as I love these bags, I just can't trust D&B ever since the Haunted Mansion bag debacle. Should never have taken that much to get them to do something, especially after their supposed guarantees.

I understand completely. I didn't purchase one but I did stay on top to see what was going on. I'm glad Disney finally stepped up but woof! It took them forever and some were not pleased with the outcome and at that point you couldn't get your money back. That was messed up! Here, let me see if I can make this lemon more sour! :sad2:

Depends on your chest. A friend of mine is plus sized, usually wears a 1x but has smaller breasts and was able to go down to an XL. The skirts are super flowy
I'm a 36DD and still had to size down to a L. I was swimming in the XL. But it may have been that particular cut of dress.

This occured back in 2014 so if you decide to purchase a new one you're good to go. However, if you're thinking about buying a used one, fair warning you may get a lemon! These links should help you get informed:

Complaint: http://www.onezumiverse.com/2014/10...rks-x-haunted-mansion-dooney-and-bourke-bags/

Resolved: http://www.onezumiverse.com/2015/06...-they-care-if-they-fall-apart-2-months-later/

This is so interesting to see. I had a similar experience with a D&B bag I bought from the ShopDisney app last year - I wrote about it here. I got them to give me a refund but they made me pay the return shipping, which I found very annoying since they're the ones who sold me the faulty merchandise.

This is so interesting to see. I had a similar experience with a D&B bag I bought from the ShopDisney app last year - I wrote about it here. I got them to give me a refund but they made me pay the return shipping, which I found very annoying since they're the ones who sold me the faulty merchandise.

Woof! This is new news for me! So sorry you had to go through this. I don't agree to this... "but are allowing me to as a "one time courtesy" (okay) but I have to pay return shipping. I also sent photos of the damage to an e-mail address they provided me." Seriously?! Do me a real courtesy and don't sell faulty bags! IKD, sounds reasonable!

Woof! This is new news for me! So sorry you had to go through this. I don't agree to this... "but are allowing me to as a "one time courtesy" (okay) but I have to pay return shipping. I also sent photos of the damage to an e-mail address they provided me." Seriously?! Do me a real courtesy and don't sell faulty bags! IKD, sounds reasonable!

RIGHT?! My thoughts exactly. The fact that I had to argue with them to even get them to accept a return on their broken merchandise was annoying enough! Now I'm not even a little bit tempted by the Dooney & Burke bags, no matter how nice they look!

So with the last sale I decided to order the Tiki and Small World to celebrate going down a dress size. I am around 6’ and the Tiki dress hits me in the middle of the knee. I would prefer a little longer, but it works.

The small world dress however is above the knee and it’s just to short. I’m debating my options. What would you do?

1) Exchange it for a larger size that is longer and have it taken in. (The top fits perfect right now.)

2) Add a ruffle to the bottom of the dress in a complimentary color to add length.

3) Return it and realize that not all dresses are meant to be.

I just can’t decide what I think is best.

So with the last sale I decided to order the Tiki and Small World to celebrate going down a dress size. I am around 6’ and the Tiki dress hits me in the middle of the knee. I would prefer a little longer, but it works.

The small world dress however is above the knee and it’s just to short. I’m debating my options. What would you do?

1) Exchange it for a larger size that is longer and have it taken in. (The top fits perfect right now.)

2) Add a ruffle to the bottom of the dress in a complimentary color to add length.

If the top fits perfect, I'd either wear skimmies underneath to help with the feeling too short issue, get a crinoline to wear underneath or my last resort would be adding a ruffle. I think adding a ruffle takes away from the structure of the dress and doesn't fit with the styling at all.

Picture would help?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter