The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

I tried the 3X on when I was in Disney in the Haunted Mansion style. It looked hideous on. It accented my stomach which is a big no-no and I looked huge.
It also would have needed to go to a tailor for adjustments in the bust area.

Looking at the other styles they had in 3X, they all had the same problem. I so wish they made the larger sizes in more of an A-line or flowey look.

I was prepared to put down a nice chunk of money for them but after I tried them on - nope, no way.

Even with measurements, it's so hard to know until you actually try something on. I hope they'll have stock when you go in October and you'll find something fabulous!

I got my dress today and it's everything I hoped it would be.

dy9kLtM.jpg

Too bad there isn't a 10 star button - you certainly have earned it!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this photo of you! You're smile is contagious and you look AMAZING!!!! :thumbsup2 :hug: :cheer2:

I think the dresses are cute. But I was wondering if everyone wears them in their regular day to day life at home?

I think the dresses are cute. But I was wondering if everyone wears them in their regular day to day life at home?
I just got mine yesterday but I fully intend to wear it to work one day next week. I actually wouldn't wear it to the parks (it's dry clean only and a day at Disney leaves me sweaty and covered in sun screen) but I will absolutely wear it to the office or out on week-ends. I may be unusual though - I wear dresses every day (and love ones with a full skirt/vintage/pinup look) so it's not out of the norm for my style.

I've been wanting the Orange bird since they announced it around January, as I'm in the uk I have no chance! I have a friend who was in Orlando for 3 months, from April to the beginning of July he went into the dress shop several times for me with no luck. Sounds like he just missed the delivery!
I'm going to Disneyland & WDW in October so hoping at least one of them has Orange Bird in stock.

Last edited:
I just got mine yesterday but I fully intend to wear it to work one day next week. I actually wouldn't wear it to the parks (it's dry clean only and a day at Disney leaves me sweaty and covered in sun screen) but I will absolutely wear it to the office or out on week-ends. I may be unusual though - I wear dresses every day (and love ones with a full skirt/vintage/pinup look) so it's not out of the norm for my style.
Same here, I love dresses, fun patterns and a good vintage look. I'll definitely use it to go shopping and on weekends. I wouldn't wear to work just because they prefer a more sober look.

Went to the Disney Vault today (DLR) and checked on the dresses. They had all styles: Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Tea Party, Minnie, Tiki, Orange Bird, Small World, Haunted Mansion.

For size comparison, I am an 18/20 and the XXL fit me just right. I considered getting the Belle dress and my mom and the sales lady tried to convince me, but I just never wear dresses and it was not structured enough for me to feel comfortable.

But I did get this purse to go with my Belle (gold dress from Hot Topic) Halloween party costume! Ended up being $50 even, with my 20% AP discount! I like that it cinches at the top which makes more sense for rides than the flap-style I already have!

file-020B99B3-7AF9-4B62-9ECE-0D9028D10FE6-548-0000004DFDB89285.jpg

Even with measurements, it's so hard to know until you actually try something on. I hope they'll have stock when you go in October and you'll find something fabulous!

dy9kLtM.jpg

You look beautiful! I'm hoping I can pick up the tiki dress my next trip. I'd absolutely wear it to work. I'm with you on wearing it to the parks. I know I'd get something in it or just sweat through it.

You look beautiful! Thank you for sharing the picture.

dy9kLtM.jpg
Super cute. You look stunning in it. Can't wait to try some on when we go. Hopefully one will look as good as this does on you.

You look beautiful! I'm hoping I can pick up the tiki dress my next trip. I'd absolutely wear it to work. I'm with you on wearing it to the parks. I know I'd get something in it or just sweat through it.
Thank you! I also figure that people who only wear it to the parks will hardly get any wear out of it (unless they're locals/AP holders). I went to a lot of effort to get this dress so there is no way it's sitting in my closet until some kind of special occasion comes up!

You look beautiful! Thank you for sharing the picture.
Thank you so much! :)

Super cute. You look stunning in it. Can't wait to try some on when we go. Hopefully one will look as good as this does on you.
Thank you! Since there are a variety of styles, I'm sure you'll find one that looks fabulous on you! :)

Wow. Those dresses and accessories are so cute. It makes me want to go buy one and then plan a trip to Disneyland during Dapper Days. I know they do Dapper Days at WDW too, but it seems to be a bigger deal with a higher percentage of participants really getting into it at Disneyland. / This shop, though, could help WDW compliance.
I went for the April Disney World outing at the Magic Kingdom and Dapper Day was really well attended : ) My husband and I participated, and although we had people coming up to us asking what was going on at the park I would say a good percentage of people were participating. It's definitely worth the trip to see all of the vintage fashions walking down Main Street.

I went for the April Disney World outing at the Magic Kingdom and Dapper Day was really well attended : ) My husband and I participated, and although we had people coming up to us asking what was going on at the park I would say a good percentage of people were participating. It's definitely worth the trip to see all of the vintage fashions walking down Main Street.

Is it always on the same DATE or week? Or is it on a whim? When is the date usually announced, and how do you find out about it? (sometimes I miss stuff like this in the daily DIS)

Is it always on the same DATE or week? Or is it on a whim? When is the date usually announced, and how do you find out about it? (sometimes I miss stuff like this in the daily DIS)
They usually pick the date about a year in advance. It's not an official Disney thing, so up to people running the website. For DLR, they always do Sundays in spring and Fridays in the fall-that way people with APs aren't blocked out. I don't know the methodology for WDW dates.

This is the link to the organizer's website: http://dapperday.com

Under a tab that is titled next events it will tell you the dates for the Fall and Spring outings which are announced about a year in advance. You can also book through them for special rates at WDW, I opted to book directly through Disney. They do a day in EPCOT as well that looks incredible and they did a cocktail party at the Living Seas. Definitely do it! They also have an instagram they post on pretty frequently.

dy9kLtM.jpg

This dress looks great on you!

Are they all dry clean only? If yes, then none will be populating my wardrobe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter