The fine line between crazy and insane....kickin' asphalt on the way to Goofy '08

:hug: Hope you are having a good week! Good luck this weekend...looks like we're both gonna be wet...

:wave: Hi Scott! yes..thanks for the well wishes...but it looks like we'll have a soggy 18 miles to contend with on Sunday. YUCK!!!!! :sad2:

Hi Amy,
I too have that birthday dilemma mine being the 23rd but I always thought 2 days before xmas should be easy to remember but I guess it is not. Oh well whos counting now anyway just glad to be here and feel like I do-healthy.

How is it we can go through everyday at the same pace then all off a sudden we hit a wall and get stressed out? I guess it just piles up.That is when I take a deep breath and sort out what is important at the moment,sometimes it helps.

Can I tell you how bad the weather STINKS right now in Ma.? Running has not been relaxing- it is frustrating to say the least.

Everyone needs a nap once in a while, your body was telling you something.

Have a great holiday,
Linda

Great job today Amy!!

I'm so proud of you!! (ok ok..I'm sorry for jumping the gun and stealing your thunder) Way to go successfully completing that 18 miler :hug: WE DID IT!! Now it's on to the taper (whoever called 5-5-10 a taper anyway?) and then to WDW baby!! Woooohooo!! :banana:

I hope you have a great day today...rest up, take an ice bath, keep stretching & moving those muscles...gotta be ready for :santa: you know :)

I'm so proud of you this year...you've just done a phenomenal job!

Ok ok..I'll shut up so you can actually come on here and post about your run :rotfl:

Have a great day! :goodvibes

:goodvibes Thanks Scotty!!!

YES...run...is....OVER. 18 in the bank and I'm feeling pretty good. I have to say that it was the least painful long run I've had in a while. My pace wasn't going to set any records but I'm VERY pleased all the same...10:23 mpm isn't too shabby considering the conditions.

Speaking of the conditions LOL.....it was NASTY out there. Around 40 degrees and steady rain all but 1 mile of the 18. YUCK! I was drenched with rain and shivering when I got back to my car. I'm still trying to warm up...of course the Ice Bath sure didn't help me warm up. Today I'm not sure it was worth sitting in the frigid tub since my run was practically done in an ice bath. I had to veer off the trail so much due to it being washed out and covered in several inches of icy water. So I ended up running in slushy snow....stepping in "puddles"....and falling thru slushy watery snow that went up to my shins :(. What a mess. So Im really happy with this run and I'm thrilled that I've only got a 10 miler next week and then we're going to DISNEY WORLD...OH YEAH!!!! :cool1: .

Way to go Amy!!! So glad to hear you got your 18 miler in and it went well! I was thinking about you this morning when I was heading out to the gym...I was wondering if you were going to be able to get out there. I am impressed that you braved those conditions and got it in!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! :cool1:

Sounds like the trail wasn't so good today, I was wondering if it was going to be flooded out in any sections. That is the only bad thing about that trail, if it rains, the trail floods!

You must be so psyched that it is taper time!!! We are almost there!!!

Hope you warmed up and took it easy today!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Amy!:santa:

Happy Belated Birthday!:bday:

Great job on your 18 miler! You and Scott are so ready for the Goofy!:thumbsup2

Weekly Recap...Holiday Edition :santa:

I ran on Wed (2 miles) and Thurs (5 miles). I opted out of the back to back this week and did the ski machine instead on Saturday. I just didn't feel confident that I'd have a good run if I did 9 miles on Saturday.

Ran: 25 miles (didn't do the half distance on Saturday)
XT: 60 minutes
Pilates: 240 minutes

I was light on total mileage :(...but overall I'm pleased with the week. This week should be a nice cut back week...taper has begun!!! :thumbsup2

Monday: Rest Day (I may try to get out and walk to loosen up the legs)
Tuesday: Run 5 Miles, 30 minutes of Pilates
Wednesday: Teach 2 pilates classes, 30 Cardio XT
Thursday: Teach 1 pilates class, Run 5 Miles, 60 minutes Pilates
Friday: Teach 1 fusion flow class, 30 Cardio XT, 60 minutes Pilates???
Saturday: Teach 1 Pilates Class, Walk 5 miles
Sunday: Run 10 Miles

Thanks guys...I go through different emotions. I'm so worried that my weekly mileage is way too light to carry me through the Goofy. I'm super concerned about that...if I was just running the marathon I think I'd be feeling confident. But for some reason looking at my numbers it just seems that I ran 10 miles/week less than I should have :(. I really slacked off on my week day runs and cut them back quite a bit. Those miles add up...and I feel a bit unprepared :(. Maybe it's just taper madness setting in :confused3 .

Amy,

I can't believe we're done with training (again)...I know we still have the taper to get through, but the bulk of everything is finished. Seems like this time things went by so much quicker. It's amazing the contrast between last year and this year, I guess having been down the road before there were a lot of things just taken for granted. Everything was a new experience last year, each step venturing further into the unknown, taking us past what we thought we were capable of. I know you were injured but that made each mile even more amazing for you.

This year we knew we could do 13 miles without incident, and we had built up a solid base all summer...a base that was actually more miles than the first few weeks of training called for. We know what to expect (for the most part) during the marathon, and yes there is the whole not knowing what a half/full combo is gonna feel like...but I do know that we can do it, and that it's gonna hurt at some point on Sunday regardless of how many we did on Saturday.

It's kind of bittersweet knowing that this may be the last time we do this race...although a bit tedious and inconvenient at times, training for WDW has kind of become the normal fall routine for me. I suppose there is a part of me that doesn't want it to end, yet another part of me ready to move on and tackle new challenges in new places.

I've come a long way from where I was two years ago and I want to personally thank you for being the person responsible for my success. From encouraging me during those first few steps, convincing me that I could do a full marathon, figuring out a cross-training and nutritional plan, diagnosing a few injuries and how to handle them...to simply being a best friend and awesome running buddy.

It will be an honor to stand beside you at the starting lines.

Thank you for everything this year.

So, now that my sappy reflection phase of this entry is over (sorry, this season tends to do that to me)...I'd like to wish you a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy some rest since you don't have to cook for 20 people this year, and spend that quality time where it needs to be spent (NOT out on the running trail!).

I hope all is well...have a safe and happy holiday Amy

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Scott

MERRY CHRISTMAS Amy!! :santa:

I am so proud of the way you've trained this year for that crazy Goofy race. You've trained smart, even with that competitive voice that I know is in your head. ;)

You and Scott are totally gonna rock it, girl. I have no doubt in my mind. I know you'll have a much better feeling when you finish this time 'round. :thumbsup2

But what's this crap that you're not going to the WDW races next year? :confused3 Man, I thought we were gonna be roomies. :)

I'm totally jealous of the Pecos Bills meet. Someone have the chicken wrap for me! :laughing:

Oh, and I wanna hear all about it when you get back (and are rested!)

Awww...Kim....well next year isn't a total bust. I haven't even run the marathon this year and I'm already feeling sad that we won't be doing it next year! Ya' never know ;). Don't count us out...I may want to PR in the darn marathon w/out worrying about the half the next day. There's something about training over the holidays too...it keeps you focused when life just wants you to fall apart!

Thanks for stopping by Kim!!! :hug:

:) Hello everyone!!!!

Just a quick update on me!!

I am feeling a bit over-fed since the holidays but have to admit I've yet to step on the scale. Last thing I need is extra weight to carry around during the marathon :laughing: .

I managed to run 3.2 miles on Christmas day :goodvibes at a nice 9:30 pace. My legs were happy to be out there running. Yesterday I did 2 hours of pilates so I'm back on track there as well Supposed to run 5 miles today...but we had freezing rain and all the trees are coated w/ a nice layer of ice. Guess I should wait a little while to run ;).

Hope everyone is doing well. Disboards have been super quiet with all the holiday happenings.

Hey Chick! I'm just catchin up after returning from Florida!!! CONGRATS on your 18 miler!!!!! :woohoo:

I know you're worried about your overall mileage, but you are going to do so great!!! Only 2 weeks away!!! Are you excited yet??? hmmm???

I too echo Kim's YOU'RE NOT DOING WDW NEXT YEAR????? What if I decide to do the 1/2? Hmmm? ;) Just kidding, but If I do go, I'll miss ya! I know you have many more races you want to do!

Hope you have a great weekend!
Stacie

Hey there Amy!!

I hope you had an awesome christmas! I am impressed that you even had time for a run that day as well. I would have had to get up at the crack of dawn to get a workout in on Xmas...oh well, I used it as a rest day. But anyway, back to you...you are going to do so great in the Goofy...your training has been awesome this fall!!! You are so ready for this race, and i have no doubts that you will do great!!

Only two weeks to go!! I bet you are getting excited..i know I am!!!!

Hey there buddy! :wave: :hug:

I know you are hamming it up in the Big Apple right now...I hope you have a great time there and remember that we are still in training!! Easy on the partying please (save that for post-goofy Sunday night...wooohooo!).

Awesome job completing your 10 miler taper long run today (since when is 10 miles tapering?? LOL).

Be sure to check in when you get back :goodvibes:

Hi Amy just stopping by to say Happy New Year! I was also hoping alot of the same people here were going to race WDW next year too since I also hope to go and meet everyone.That's a bummer.

Linda

HAPPY NEW YEAR AMY!

I hope you had fun partying in the Big Apple on NYE. Thank you for all your support this last year.

Take care,
Beth

Hey Amy! Just checking in on ya! Hope all is well w/ you! Just over a week to go! Are you getting excited yet???

Check in when you get a chance!
Stacie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter