The Food Was Not Undelicious: May 25-June 1, 2007!! Completed - Post #794

Monday, May 28th - Tonga Toast, Sausage, and Coffee...At the Kona, We Ate Too Much.

At the Copa....Copacabana....wait. Lemme take my Carmen Miranda fruit
basket off my hair. Whew. Much better.

Jay tried the Tonga and has been a devoted disciple ever since. It's a clause in our un-documented living marriage contract that every trip to WDW must include a breakfast at the Kona. Failure to book said breakfast can result in forfeiture of spa treatments or cancellation of afternoon tea. :eek:

I have trouble finishing it sometimes. Too sweet. If I'm dining with someone,
I make them finish it for me. :) If I'm really hungry, I probably could polish
it off.

First things first we order the fresh fruit cup which we always share. We also ordered some pressed Kona coffee, orange juice for me, and Likoi juice for Jay. Likoi juice is a blend...passion fruit, orange, and guava juices mixed together and served in a glass. Jay loves this stuff but I can sum up my opinoin in one word: Bleccccch!

Lilikoi juice. I like the stuff. :cloud9:

I'll just take an IV line for this, OK?
DSC02134.jpg

WOOT! One of the only places that serves REAL honest to goodness coffee!
:love: the press pot. Boma has that, too. Everything else is just...Nescafe. :crazy2:

It's the 100% Kona Coffee French Press Pot!! We tried this for the first time last October and we are hooked!

How hooked? So hooked that we bought a French press for ourselves at Christmas.

Not hooked enough? So hooked that we had to buy another bag of Kona beans on this trip because we'd burned through the ones we bought last fall in about three months.

Ok....still with you on the "hooked" thing...

Still not hooked? Jay eats coffee beans. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Ewwww. At least have the decency to eat them covered in chocolate.
Yuck yuck yuck.

And the Congratulations dessert really rocked! It's not often you get to
chase a cavity-inducing breakfast with dessert. :thumbsup2

As to your edit pondering: I'm also anal when it comes to aesthetics in posts. :rotfl2:

Monday, May 28th - Tonga Toast, Sausage, and Coffee...At the Kona, We Ate Too Much.

Jay tried the Tonga and has been a devoted disciple ever since. It's a clause in our un-documented living marriage contract that every trip to WDW must include a breakfast at the Kona. Failure to book said breakfast can result in forfeiture of spa treatments or cancellation of afternoon tea. :eek:

We were totally surprised. We actually were wearing our anniversary buttons in the hopes that we might catch a little dust at Epcot (didn't happen) but it never dawned on us that one of the restaurants might do something, especially at breakfast! Two cream puffs nestled in whipped cream and covered with Mickey-head candy confetti...a very tasty breakfast dessert and a super-sweet gesture on the part of the Kona staff that gave us warm fuzzies all morning. :goodvibes

I asked Jay to take a close up shot just to show everyone what Mickey-head confetti candy looks like.

Where can I buy these?
DSC02138.jpg

You are too funny!:lmao: Love the marraige contract!

Well, I didn't think they could improve on Kona but they did! How nice anniversary dessert for breakfast! :cool1:

We will have to get some buttons for our next trip, :eek: 32 years of wedded bliss, :rolleyes1 , well some bliss some not so blissful!:laughing:

Happy Aniversary! I loved your last dining review. I'm sure I'll love this one too. I just wanted to comment before I got started because I never know when my son is going to wake up from his nap and end fun time for mom!

You guys cleaned up with that anniversary button. DW and I are going in December and will have to do that too, even though our anniversary isn't until a few weeks later. We're just celebrating it early to avoid the Christmas crowds. Ugh.

I usually don't like sweet foods much, if it's not dessert, but that stuff looks GOOD. :thumbsup2

I keep hearing about the Tonga Toast - looks like we might have to try that "next time" - whenever that may be!

That Tonga Toast looks awesome. I have to try it next time we go. I'm getting the shakes just thinking about its yummy-factor. :hyper:

Since you've been sharing your adventures, I'll share one of mine. We had breakfast at Kona years ago (before it was Kona), and I remember that our waiter tried to force me to drink the orange juice. I had just brushed my teeth and according to my calculations...orange juice+toothpaste=:crazy2:. So, the waiter kept pestering me while the parental units sipped their orange juice, trying to explain that I'm not an "orange juice in the morning" girl. To shut the waiter up, I sipped the darn orange juice, and my equation was correct. LOL

Thanks again. :)

Kiki

Oohhhhhhh, Tonga Toast! YUM. I haven't had it in a few years now!

(It's actually a little known fact that it tastes even better when eaten on the balcony of your room, after being brought by room service. Tonga Toast without having to get out of bed? YAY!) I've also noticed it's on the Captain Cook's menu now, but I don't see how it could possibly be the same splendedness!

The Tonga Toast looks tasty, but I'm not a big banana fan, maybe if they stuff it with chocolate and cream cheese I could get into it. :)

The Tonga Toast looks tasty, but I'm not a big banana fan, maybe if they stuff it with chocolate and cream cheese I could get into it. :)

I'm with you! The only way I can eat a banana is with either peanut butter or chocolate (even better, both!) smathered all over it.....

Posting from work... our phone line and broadband went out yesterday. Like many of the intellectually challenged in our neighborhood, the people who live behind us decided to put in a fence and drove the corner post right through the underground wires along our easement. And then they enclosed the utility box behind their fence. :eek:

Initially I thought these people were going to do a good job because they called dig-rite and had the utility lines marked before they started working. I guess they thought those orange lines in the grass meant that it was OK to dig there. Oh well, I guess I should be glad they didn't hit a gas line and blow us all to hell. ;)

I can't wait to hear what the phone company says today...

So... I don't know when I'll be able to update. Sorry friends.... I'll try to keep you posted once I know more.

Posting from work... our phone line and broadband went out yesterday. Like many of the intellectually challenged in our neighborhood, the people who live behind us decided to put in a fence and drove the corner post right through the underground wires along our easement. And then they enclosed the utility box behind their fence. :eek:

Initially I thought these people were going to do a good job because they called dig-rite and had the utility lines marked before they started working. I guess they thought those orange lines in the grass meant that it was OK to dig there. Oh well, I guess I should be glad they didn't hit a gas line and blow us all to hell. ;)

I can't wait to hear what the phone company says today...

So... I don't know when I'll be able to update. Sorry friends.... I'll try to keep you posted once I know more.

No Prob. It seems you need some pixie dust pixiedust: I hope this helps. Those bad bad people.

Brenda, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hate it when that happens. Stupid phone company people!! :furious: My mom actually used to work for the phone company up where I live, so I know how inept they are. I hope things get resolved soon. :goodvibes

Kiki

Brenda, that stinks!
Lionel and I would implode. During the 2004 hurricanes, when we lost power for a week, we drove to his work every day so we could get our online fix. You KNOW you've got it bad when you voluntarily head to work on your day off, right?

Hope it gets resolved soon. Gotta love neighborhood twits. We have some of those too!

:headache:

We got nothing... the phone company told us they'd be at the house today fixing the problem... still haven't received a call from them here at my work number. I'm on my way home and we've still got zero phone / zero internet.

I'm going to go through internet cold-turkey if this doesn't get resolved soon. :scared1:

Sorry for the delay... really wanted to have FF finished by now and was planning on Chef's Table for this weekend. Oh well... everyone have a good one and I guess I'll check in on Monday.

Wish us luck...maybe we'll just burn down their fence... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter