The Future of the Rumors and News Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebmasterCorey

corey@disneyinfo.com
Administrator
Hi Everyone,

I want to apologize for the way things were handled yesterday, with threads being closed and moved without notice. In that process, we put our off-topic guidelines before the feelings and needs of our community, and for that I'm sorry.

The future of this forum is in your hands. It's no surprise that it will feel and act differently in Ryan's absence, so for the time being, I'm setting the Rumors and News forum as self-moderated. We'll be keeping an eye, but I'm hoping this will allow for new growth. Be nice and report the bad apples!

Thanks,
Corey
corey@disneyinfo.com

i think only 1 returned (disney+). Half the first page of this board is still moved threads.

I mean, at least they explained it was their "off topic guidelines" that drove the decisions. I'm sure it has nothing to do with throwing a tantrum because your best mod stepped down.

Because news of DME leaving isn't Disney news......

I mean, at least they explained it was their "off topic guidelines" that drove the decisions. I'm sure it has nothing to do with throwing a tantrum because your best mod stepped down.

If you want to believe he "stepped down" on his own all the power to you. There were things going on behind the scenes that drove the decisions. I for one don't believe they closed these threads fully for being "off topic".

If you want to believe he "stepped down" on his own all the power to you. There were things going on behind the scenes that drove the decisions. I for one don't believe they closed these threads fully for being "off topic".

Oh yeah, I don't believe for a second that the threads were closed or moved for being "off topic".

It was a coordinated effort to dismantle this section of the boards. The timing is not lost on me...

Oh yeah, I don't believe for a second that the threads were closed or moved for being "off topic".

It was a coordinated effort to dismantle this section of the boards. The timing is not lost on me...

It's not lost on me either. I think they were hoping by shutting this down it would drive us to the TPAS thread. I never post there as they rarely talk about news or new attractions. The talk about Tron being delayed would never go far there

So I just read about all this.
Is that why I can't find the wildly popular thread entitled (I think), "Just back from wDW experiences" or something like that? That one had thousands of followers, and was one of the only ones I read on this site.
If so, it needs to come back.
There are so many people willing to share their experiences on that site and it is really interesting and helpful.
thanks

I think if he wants to publicly talk about whatever happened, he would. Let's not speculate on the behind the scenes stuff as that part is not our business to discuss.
:)

It's not lost on me either. I think they were hoping by shutting this down it would drive us to the TPAS thread. I never post there as they rarely talk about news or new attractions. The talk about Tron being delayed would never go far there
I can imagine that being a moderator on a message board can be a trying task.....especially so when you're not being paid. I don't think there's some big conspiracy around the change. I can see why someone may want to step down after doing this for a while. It's bad to start rumors without any actual knowledge of what happened behind the scenes, if anything.

Call it what you will. I'm just letting you know what I know.

So I just read about all this.
Is that why I can't find the wildly popular thread entitled (I think), "Just back from wDW experiences" or something like that? That one had thousands of followers, and was one of the only ones I read on this site.
If so, it needs to come back.
There are so many people willing to share their experiences on that site and it is really interesting and helpful.
thanks
Here it is, and if you go to the top of any page and click Watch, you'll always be able to find it by clicking Watch at the top of the webpage (it defaults to threads but has a dropdown if you're looking for a forum you're watching): https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...g-experiences-including-park-hopping.3807247/.

So what’s a TPAS?

I need a decoder book for this place half the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter