The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

This is excellent advice for now. Things could be different by summer, especially if Guardians of the Galaxy is open. So best advice is to keep monitoring the Boards here for changes.
Oh good point. Once Guardians opens, a lot could change. Thanks!

For LLs at Epcot, Test Track and Frozen will both be gone by 2 hours after park opening, so you'll have to select which you want more. I'd grab a Remy ILL$ for the time you plan to be there though so you can walk in and go straight to the ride. Maybe go for 245-3pm for that and shoot for 3-330 for the Frozen or TT pass, then head to the monorail for the TTC then on to MK.

Correct on Epcot park reservations then heading to MK.

Have a great trip!
Thank you for the suggestions. Am I right in thinking that I should be able to purchase G+ and book my first LL (and ILL$) at 7am, even though I won't physically be checking-in to BCV until later in the afternoon?

Thank you for the suggestions. Am I right in thinking that I should be able to purchase G+ and book my first LL (and ILL$) at 7am, even though I won't physically be checking-in to BCV until later in the afternoon?
Correct, just be sure to complete the online check in process

I would go for Kilimanjaro safaris. If you get their for rope drop you can do Avatar and Na’vi River without having to wait in long lines… do Avator first..expect up to 20 mins wait. Na‘vi river should still have a minimum wait… after that I would go straight to Dinosaur…again expect minimum wait times. Then I would go to the Safari.

Arriving at 9 AM for DAK the wait for FOP will be much longer than 20 minutes.

If arriving that late, I strongly recommend that someone who wants to ride FOP should spring for the IALL.

Dont arrive late is the message otherwise it’s a struggle. Resort guests need to take advantage of early entry.
Another option if you want to arrive later in the day then ride FoP at the end of the day. This worked well for us. We were in line for about 30 mins at the end of the day.

Yes. We started booking Genie rides on our drive down at 7 am. Did online check in around 11. Had 4 LLs by the time we got to the park at 545

For clarity: you don’t need to check in to book G+ at 7am, bc offsite guests can book at 7am too. It’s for $ILL that early online checkin to a wdw hotel is important, so you can book at 7am.

Btw I am planning to do a similar thing on my next trip so I can book at $ILL at 7-ish on checkin day.

Another option if you want to arrive later in the day then ride FoP at the end of the day. This worked well for us. We were in line for about 30 mins at the end of the day.

True, but this string was started by a poster who planned on arriving at 9 and departing at 5.

The line for FOP will be long for that entire period.

On Thursday when we went to DAK, the cost for a LL to FOP was $11 (plus tax). In my book it‘s worth that to avoid an hour or more in line.

Arriving at 9 AM for DAK the wait for FOP will be much longer than 20 minutes.

If arriving that late, I strongly recommend that someone who wants to ride FOP should spring for the IALL.
True, but this string was started by a poster who planned on arriving at 9 and departing at 5.

The line for FOP will be long for that entire period.

On Thursday when we went to DAK, the cost for a LL to FOP was $11 (plus tax). In my book it‘s worth that to avoid an hour or more in line.
the reason we are skipping early entry and leaving early is that no one has FOP as a must do.

We will have a short day at AK, arriving 9:00 and departing 5:00. We will get Genie + so we can get our first LL at 7:00 am. Any thoughts on whether our first LL should be Na'vi River Journey or Killimanjaro Safaris?
I’m going with Safari because I’d rather do that in the morning since it can get hot and I think the animals are more lively plus I just hate that line when it builds

Hi. On my day of arrival, I plan to go to Epcot, arriving around 1 pm. I will be checking into BWV. That day, Epcot opens at 10 am. If I make my first LL reservation at 7 am, would I then be able to make my next one at 11:30? Two hours after Early Entry? I wanted to book both Test Track and Soarin.

Hi. On my day of arrival, I plan to go to Epcot, arriving around 1 pm. I will be checking into BWV. That day, Epcot opens at 10 am. If I make my first LL reservation at 7 am, would I then be able to make my next one at 11:30? Two hours after Early Entry? I wanted to book both Test Track and Soarin.
Guests are eligible for a second LL 2 hours after official park opening time, not the time that ETPE hours begin. If Epcot opens at 10, second LL time is 12:00 if stacking as you will be.

Are you saying the 2 hours start at EE time? I had thought it didn’t start until official park opening, so for a 10 o’clock, it would be 12. I hope someone chimes in to clarify.

Edited : thank you Scrappin for the clarification we must’ve typed at same time

the reason we are skipping early entry and leaving early is that no one has FOP as a must do.

That makes a big difference.

Still, because both the Safari and Navi get long standby lines quickly, and LL for them run out into the late afternoon quickly on busy days, if you want to do both of them without a long wait, it would be a good idea to arrive during early entry or as early as possible after regular park opening to have a chance to do one with a short standby line and the other with Genie+.

I would use my first Genie+ on the Safari if only because that is much higher on our priority list.

Maybe getting Genie+ LL for both KS and Navi for your visit will be easier if it is during a less busy time than the holidays or spring break, and if Everest has returned as another Genie+ option.

We will have a short day at AK, arriving 9:00 and departing 5:00. We will get Genie + so we can get our first LL at 7:00 am. Any thoughts on whether our first LL should be Na'vi River Journey or Killimanjaro Safaris?

I happened to test this yesterday and I saw 1:20 p.m. KS at 7:45 and 2 p.m. Na'vi at two hours after park opening. And yesterday was an at capacity day. I feel it isn't consistent which of those rides goes faster, so I would prioritize the one that is more important to you. Then two hours after opening look for the other one and if it has too late of a time, refresh.

Took almost an hour of refreshing for a frozen at 10:30 am. 3 errors after selection and couldn’t get it but kept refreshing. This is what I was able to get.

Also got Soarin. And Nemo (still on Mears to resort-AOA is the first stop because of someone with an express booking ; so not sure we will make the first pass; we were told it will take 35-45 mins).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter