The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

Quoting myself:

Someone is staying in a new room and posted these additional pics on FB…

IMG_8054.jpeg

IMG_8055.jpeg

IMG_8056.jpeg
Couldn't they have fit a double sink? I swear they could.

Couldn't they have fit a double sink? I swear they could.
Probably, but personally I'm fine with the extra counter space. For some reason Florida seems to acquire more prep with all the suntan misc ... There is a sink right behind you at the coffee center too - maybe they figured three sinks in arms length was overkill lol

Last edited:
Probably, but personally I'm fine with the extra counter space. For some reason Florida seems to acquire more prep with all the suntan misc ... There is a sink on right behind you at the coffee center too - maybe they figured three sinks in arms length was overkill lol
Agreed. I want counter space. The shower looks so much better.

Staying at a 1BR standard in April. Any tips on the best rooms to request? We will have one disabled adult (walks with a cane). Thanks.

Staying at a 1BR standard in April. Any tips on the best rooms to request? We will have one disabled adult (walks with a cane). Thanks.
I would make "close to elevators" my only request. The hallways at BWV are very long, and there is only one bank of elevators. See map here https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/BoardWalkMap.pdf - the Standard view rooms are the ones along the driveway, facing the entrance porte cochere. The elevators are where the little red AED symbol is.

The standard one bedrooms in the 123 line have an alternate layout and a huge balcony (2123, 3123, 4123). They are pretty far from the lobby but close to the quiet pool

Jumping in to ask a specific reservation question: looks like someone is walking a reservation at end of June/early July. I assume for July 4th. Is it better to pick up a day or 2 each day or wait to see if I can grab a bunch of days. I'm trying to get end of June but I'm interrupted by a day at the moment. I also have it waitlisted. (Garden/Pool view)

Thanks all!

Jumping in to ask a specific reservation question: looks like someone is walking a reservation at end of June/early July. I assume for July 4th. Is it better to pick up a day or 2 each day or wait to see if I can grab a bunch of days. I'm trying to get end of June but I'm interrupted by a day at the moment. I also have it waitlisted. (Garden/Pool view)

Thanks all!

I would do it a day at a time. I like to be sure, LOL. Others will probably do a few days at a time, either way will most likely work but I just like to be extra sure I'm going to get what I want...

I would do it a day at a time. I like to be sure, LOL. Others will probably do a few days at a time, either way will most likely work but I just like to be extra sure I'm going to get what I want...
Oddly enough, I checked a day or 2 later and all the days were there as if nothing had happened! I don't know what was happening, but it all worked out for me!

Do y’all find that you need to walk for Boardwalk view rooms? I am a new owner and found the boardwalk view rooms booked at 11 months 8AM. Got a 1BR but wanted a 2BR. Lesson learned for next year, I guess!

Do y’all find that you need to walk for Boardwalk view rooms? I am a new owner and found the boardwalk view rooms booked at 11 months 8AM. Got a 1BR but wanted a 2BR. Lesson learned for next year, I guess!
The problem at BWV is there are no dedicated 2 BRs. There are only 2 BR lock-offs. So, once a studio is gone, you can’t get a 2 BR. Essentially for a 2BR, you are competing with reservations for studio only. I own here and would never buy a resort with solely lock-offs again. Also, I prefer the dedicated 2BR layout.

There are only 21 2BR, and the first weeks of December are the cheapest holiday points. The struggle is real.

:-)

We’ve been BWV owners for more than 20 years. The last several years we’ve had to walk to get our preferred Boardwalk view for the 2 BR’s for the reasons already mentioned.

We’ve been BWV owners for more than 20 years. The last several years we’ve had to walk to get our preferred Boardwalk view for the 2 BR’s for the reasons already mentioned.
Thanks everyone! Yeah, I’m targeting Jersey Week, so I thought it might be tough. Was hoping to get a 2BR to bring along some friends, but happy we got a 1BR for just us though. Lesson learned!

I do wonder if some walkers are walking all the way to Thanksgiving, though.

Thanks everyone! Yeah, I’m targeting Jersey Week, so I thought it might be tough. Was hoping to get a 2BR to bring along some friends, but happy we got a 1BR for just us though. Lesson learned!

I do wonder if some walkers are walking all the way to Thanksgiving, though.
If they can, they will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter