The Kardashians at Disneyland..

Maybe it is both DL and the Kardashians doing? The images of the Kardashians having a great time on the teacups while the rest of the guests are standing and waiting to ride as a mass group certain does not endear the Kardashians to the masses, I'm sure. But, when you have fame, celebrity, money and power, you get a free pass and special privileges on lots of things, including, Disneyland.

I appreciate your comment about celebrities being regular people, I truly hope that celebrities look at themselves as regular people too. Doubt it, but a Jedi can hope, eh?

Maybe it is both DL and the Kardashians doing? The images of the Kardashians having a great time on the teacups while the rest of the guests are standing and waiting to ride as a mass group certain does not endear the Kardashians to the masses, I'm sure.
I really hope it wasn't the Kardashians doing because that would only be teaching their children they're above everyone.

We've seen several celebrities at DLR, and while they get taken to the front of the line- they also generally ride with other people. But, I will say- thinking about it-- the teacups and Luigi's are rides where people all run to the cups/cars on their own. Maybe DL was worried that people would swarm them instead of getting in cups.

Kardashian's have a new reality TV series starting on Hulu, while Disney owns a large percentage of Hulu. Wouldn't shock me if they shut down rides and attractions for them, especially if Hulu planned on filming the family while at Disneyland for a future episode of their reality show. Like them or not, that is good marketing by Disney for both their park and their Hulu tv show.

I'm not here to argue with folks about celebrities. But, I see all people having worth. No one is worthless, in my opinion, because we are all God's children. All people have value.

Also, specifically, with regards to the Kardashians, I'm sympathetic to those three ladies because they did lose their Dad when they were in their teens (or early 20s?). That's tough for anyone, celebrity or non-celebrity. Sometimes when folks lose a voice like that in their "home" they lose a little bit of their direction on what is right and what is wrong. No excuses though ... and why I stand by my thoughts that this does not endear them to the public.

I'm sure it has to do with the filming for the TV show. They would do the same for the ABC sitcom episodes at WDW. Now, why people want to watch this "reality" show nonsense, well, that's another story, but I'm sure it was controlled like it would be for any filming they do in the parks.

Kardashian's have a new reality TV series starting on Hulu, while Disney owns a large percentage of Hulu. Wouldn't shock me if they shut down rides and attractions for them, especially if Hulu planned on filming the family while at Disneyland for a future episode of their reality show. Like them or not, that is good marketing by Disney for both their park and their Hulu tv show.
If true, all the more reason for DL to make an announcement to those guests standing in the queue waiting. It is actually pretty simple to make a quick announcement that there is a production crew on site filming for a series.

I'm sure it has to do with the filming for the TV show. They would do the same for the ABC sitcom episodes at WDW. Now, why people want to watch this "reality" show nonsense, well, that's another story, but I'm sure it was controlled like it would be for any filming they do in the parks.

I don't think they were filming anything. They go to the parks regularly.

This also happens with other celebrities. I've seen it happen. It's usually a security issue.

I’ve seen them do this for celebrities before on rides like Luigi’s, Tea Cups, Silly Swings, etc. It’s a security issue and actually helps the loading and unloading process go faster. My husband asked our VIP guide about this, and our guide said it’s Disney’s decision how high profile guests ride rides. They have no say in whether or not an entire ride is “closed down” for them or not. I am sure Disney has learned the hard way that having celebrities load and unload at the same time as everyone else on rides like these creates a huge issue with people stopping to take pictures, trying to talk to them, etc. We’re talking 1-2 minutes rides here. In the grand scheme of things, this happening once a day has a negligible affect on other park-goers. They don’t shut down rides where everyone is loaded one car at a time.

We've seen several celebrities at DLR, and while they get taken to the front of the line- they also generally ride with other people. But, I will say- thinking about it-- the teacups and Luigi's are rides where people all run to the cups/cars on their own. Maybe DL was worried that people would swarm them instead of getting in cups.

Definitely true that celebs usually ride with other guests. A couple years ago at Soaring, I rode with 2 celeb groups. The first was Jaime Foxx's family. They were in row 1 of the center section and I was in second row and stood right next to him and asked him how his day was going. The other celeb was in row 2 with me and I literally sat right next to his family. No idea who it was - I could not recognize but Jaime Foxx recognized him and they shook hands and spoke a few seconds.

I am not bothered by them skipping lines (they are paying for the VIP tour guides). I am bothered that they would shut a whole ride down to let them ride alone. Would be ok on Small World or Pirates to give their own boat, but not the whole teacups ride. But I can see the above quote too about maybe to slow people running out all at once (although I am sure they could let them board from the exit and then open the other gates for everyone else).

I don't think they were filming anything. They go to the parks regularly.

This also happens with other celebrities. I've seen it happen. It's usually a security issue.

Oh, I had just assumed. Don't they film, like, literally everything they do? 🙂

Definitely true that celebs usually ride with other guests. A couple years ago at Soaring, I rode with 2 celeb groups. The first was Jaime Foxx's family. They were in row 1 of the center section and I was in second row and stood right next to him and asked him how his day was going. The other celeb was in row 2 with me and I literally sat right next to his family. No idea who it was - I could not recognize but Jaime Foxx recognized him and they shook hands and spoke a few seconds.

I am not bothered by them skipping lines (they are paying for the VIP tour guides). I am bothered that they would shut a whole ride down to let them ride alone. Would be ok on Small World or Pirates to give their own boat, but not the whole teacups ride. But I can see the above quote too about maybe to slow people running out all at once (although I am sure they could let them board from the exit and then open the other gates for everyone else).

The problem is also with getting off the ride when everyone gets off at once. They’d probably need extra cast members to push everyone out so they could get off.

I sat next to Chris Hemsworth on Soarin. Didn’t talk to him except for giving him back his seatbelt that I accidentally took. 🤣

I sat next to Chris Hemsworth on Soarin. Didn’t talk to him except for giving him back his seatbelt that I accidentally took. 🤣

Ha ha - nice move there. "Oh, uh, I think I have your seatbelt Mister, um...Thor."

I'm kidding. I don't really understand why people go so crazy for celebrities. I mean, sure, I'd like to see Chris Hemsworth in the parks, but just a knowing nod is enough, or maybe a brief pleasantry shoud the situation warrant. I certainly wouldn't bother them for an autograph or anything during their free time.

SPECIAL TREATMENT based on celebrity would not have been acceptable to my father. Another example of how his vision has been perverted and perverted is the correct term

Maybe DL was worried that people would swarm them instead of getting in cups.
You know, I never thought of it this way, and it makes sense. I think I'd be more irritated with star struck fans holding up rides just to get a glimpse of a celebrity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter