The Little Things ("Magical"Tips)... Please Share!

LadyDiznee123

DIS Veteran
Hello Fellow Disney Nerds:

My apologies if this has been hashed before.

A couple of weeks ago someone posted in this forum that Tomorrowland was really beautiful at night on The People Mover. My first thought was, I've never done TPM at night and I am certain to do it now!

I think that tips like these are really the small things that make your Disney Vacation magical.

Just wondering if others have small tips like that to share with me. Please, please do so! After going four years back to back, I haven't been since 2000 and so now I am stupid-giddy over my return and I definitely want to do those small "LITTLE THINGS" to make my trip magical.

This may not even be a tip for many, but my personal small piece of magic is to take a resting cruise on the resort ferryboats outside of The Magic kingdom. Husband and I just passed them by in 1997 and asked could we get on just for the ride. We did so and it was such a lovely and breezy break from all of the walking. The great thing is just how Disney CM's don't turn down reasonable requests. The boats weren't crowded so we just took the cruise.

Would love to get some "MAGICAL" tips for others! Please Share!

Are you just referring to MK or are all parks included. One of my favorite things to do is at Epcot. I get an ice cream cone from France, go over to Morocco and sit on one of the benches against the wall in the shade and just enjoy the place. I also love to go into the tile room and just sit there, people rarely go in there and it's just beautiful and nice and cool.

At HS I love to stop and watch the street performers, they are so funny and if you can find a shady place to stand or lean, loads of fun. Also on hot days, I like to go to the singing in the rain umbrella and get a little wet. Another HS must for me is to go to the bookstore and get a cup of tea and a cookie and just sit and relax.

At AK, I love strolling down the Pagnini (sp?) trail and really taking my time and just looking at all the details.

At MK, I love to grab an ice cream cone (see a theme, I love me some ice cream) and go to the chairs beside Tony's and just watch the people as they enter and leave the park, huge difference in coming and going.

Are you just referring to MK or are all parks included. One of my favorite things to do is at Epcot. I get an ice cream cone from France, go over to Morocco and sit on one of the benches against the wall in the shade and just enjoy the place. I also love to go into the tile room and just sit there, people rarely go in there and it's just beautiful and nice and cool.

At HS I love to stop and watch the street performers, they are so funny and if you can find a shady place to stand or lean, loads of fun. Also on hot days, I like to go to the singing in the rain umbrella and get a little wet. Another HS must for me is to go to the bookstore and get a cup of tea and a cookie and just sit and relax.

At AK, I love strolling down the Pagnini (sp?) trail and really taking my time and just looking at all the details.

At MK, I love to grab an ice cream cone (see a theme, I love me some ice cream) and go to the chairs beside Tony's and just watch the people as they enter and leave the park, huge difference in coming and going.

Yes, I meant ALL of the parks... and DTD too! And Yes, your post is what I'm talking about. Those magical moments. Thanks for sharing. I'm taking everything down! (*_*)

lol on the Ice Cream. And I love the people watching.

Hanging out in the Magic Kingdom after the fireworks are over watching the people leave the park. We grab a snack and drink find a place sit near Main Street and relax. It is fun to watch the kids in strollers who are just crashed from their day. Sometimes we stay until the "Kiss Goodnight." Either way it is so nice when we do finally leave the crowds are gone and we can stroll out to our not crowded bus. Cheers!!!!

Hanging out in the Magic Kingdom after the fireworks are over watching the people leave the park. We grab a snack and drink find a place sit near Main Street and relax. It is fun to watch the kids in strollers who are just crashed from their day. Sometimes we stay until the "Kiss Goodnight." Either way it is so nice when we do finally leave the crowds are gone and we can stroll out to our not crowded bus. Cheers!!!!

I'm going to *try* and do this exact thing this year. DH is always in a rush to leave trying to get ahead of the crowds to the bus. I'm going to tell him we need to chill out and try letting the crowds beat us out.

I may try this if I'm not too beat myself!

Here are some of the best tips my family has discovered or been told:
  • The Electric Water Pageant is really cute and can be seen from a few different places. (Polynesian: 9pm, Grand Floridian: 9:15pm, Wilderness Lodge: 9:30pm, Fort Wilderness: 9:45pm, Contemporary: 10pm) :)
  • Get an "autograph" from Lady and the Tramp at Tony's restaurant in Magic Kingdom. paw:
  • Get some free soda at Club Cool in Epcot. And try the Beverly! :teeth:
  • Watching the fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian is absolutely beautiful and they still play the soundtrack for you. :love:
  • Sometimes you can get an "edgier" Jungle Cruise ride later at night because there might not be any kids on the ride. :rolleyes1
  • Order the Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream. You won't regret it, especially if you have kids! :mickeybar
  • You can sometimes get free ice cream just by going on a DVC tour. :p
  • Ask for ketchup at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. :tongue:
  • If you have kids with you, request a free wake up call from a Disney character! :stitch:
  • Listen to the phones on Main Street USA and in Tomorrowland. :cool1:

• The Electric Water Pageant is really cute and can be seen from a few different places. (Polynesian: 9pm, Grand Floridian: 9:15pm, Wilderness Lodge: 9:30pm, Fort Wilderness: 9:45pm, Contemporary: 10pm) :)
  • Get an "autograph" from Lady and the Tramp at Tony's restaurant in Magic Kingdom. paw:
  • Watching the fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian is absolutely beautiful and they still play the soundtrack for you. :love:
  • Sometimes you can get an "edgier" Jungle Cruise ride later at night because there might not be any kids on the ride. :rolleyes1
  • Order the Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream. You won't regret it, especially if you have kids! :mickeybar
  • If you have kids with you, request a free wake up call from a Disney character! :stitch:

Nice Tips. I'm not sure I've every seen LADY AND THE TRAMP live characters. Going to have to go google images... maybe I just need to refresh my memory.

Definitely going to try that night time JUNGLE CRUISE!

I keep hearing about the BEVERLY at club Cool. I don't drink sugar (only water) but I'm going just to taste the BEVERLY! (*_*)

What about the phones??? Are they talking????

UPDATE... nevermind! I just read about it. lol. Party line. Yes, definitely going to do this! See.. this is why I posted this thread!

Nice Tips. I'm not sure I've every seen LADY AND THE TRAMP live characters. Going to have to go google images... maybe I just need to refresh my memory.

Definitely going to try that night time JUNGLE CRUISE!

I keep hearing about the BEVERLY at club Cool. I don't drink sugar (only water) but I'm going just to taste the BEVERLY! (*_*)

They aren't actual live characters, but if you ask the people at the desk, they'll bring the autograph book into the back (where the dogs are dining) and get their pawprints!

And as for the phones, you'll just have to wait and see. ;)

They aren't actual live characters, but if you ask the people at the desk, they'll bring the autograph book into the back (where the dogs are dining) and get their pawprints!

And as for the phones, you'll just have to wait and see. ;)

ROFL at the Lady and the Tramp pawprints. Lol. Now that's definitely one of the little Magical things I'm talking about!

Hello Fellow Disney Nerds:

My apologies if this has been hashed before.

A couple of weeks ago someone posted in this forum that Tomorrowland was really beautiful at night on The People Mover. My first thought was, I've never done TPM at night and I am certain to do it now!

I think that tips like these are really the small things that make your Disney Vacation magical.

Just wondering if others have small tips like that to share with me. Please, please do so! After going four years back to back, I haven't been since 2000 and so now I am stupid-giddy over my return and I definitely want to do those small "LITTLE THINGS" to make my trip magical.

This may not even be a tip for many, but my personal small piece of magic is to take a resting cruise on the resort ferryboats outside of The Magic kingdom. Husband and I just passed them by in 1997 and asked could we get on just for the ride. We did so and it was such a lovely and breezy break from all of the walking. The great thing is just how Disney CM's don't turn down reasonable requests. The boats weren't crowded so we just took the cruise.

Would love to get some "MAGICAL" tips for others! Please Share!

I just have to say...we do this! We ride the small ferries between MK and the GF and Poly. This June, our captain, Bruce, sang, "Zip-ah-dee-doo-dah," and, "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" on the ride. He was AMAZING, and it was truly a magical part of our trip.

I'm going to watch this because I think it's a lovely idea!

This is not so much a "tip" as it is a tradition for DH and I now, but our last 2 trips we've gone to MK on arrival night and take a ride (or rides) on Dumbo as the FIRST THING we do. If you take your elephant up all the way for the whole ride it's just a beautiful view of the park at night... and it's so relaxing to just take it all in.

I'm going to watch this because I think it's a lovely idea!

This is not so much a "tip" as it is a tradition for DH and I now, but our last 2 trips we've gone to MK on arrival night and take a ride (or rides) on Dumbo as the FIRST THING we do. If you take your elephant up all the way for the whole ride it's just a beautiful view of the park at night... and it's so relaxing to just take it all in.

I think this is a tip and a Great tip. A "magical" tip - just as I requested! Thanks. My first night there will be an EMH night and so far i will make sure to do The People Mover and Dumbo! This is just the kind of stuff I was talking about. I want to remember the small, magical things!

Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter