The Magic, the Memories and the Food! February11 Update July 23 WPuck's Express

That Chicken Pesto Sandwich looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! Will have to keep that in mind for October.

Mmm the sandwiches look really good! :thumbsup2

Have you posted your D&B bags on your TR - if so need to check them out! Am going to go and see if I can find them! ;)

I can't wait to get to Earl of Sandwich again. YUMMY!

Their food is really good, isn't it? Love the breadpudding there too! :thumbsup2

That Chicken Pesto Sandwich looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! Will have to keep that in mind for October.

It's our favourite sandwich there! It's such a wonderful and tasty sandwich and easily huge enough to share! :goodvibes

Mmm the sandwiches look really good! :thumbsup2

Have you posted your D&B bags on your TR - if so need to check them out! Am going to go and see if I can find them! ;)

You really need to make it over to WPE and try their sandwiches.

I did post my D&B loot, in my pre-trip to that vacation, I think, but I can repost it for you!

IMG_9938.jpg

IMG_9941.jpg

IMG_9944.jpg

IMG_9945.jpg

The CM selling them to us nearly fell over backwards when she heard that we would actually buy all three items we had been looking at! :rotfl2:

Day 7, February 25

Maya Grill

We had an early breakfast reservation at Maya Grill and when we walked outside our room we were amazed at how beautiful and peaceful the resort was at that time.

IMG_9957.jpg

When we arrived at the restaurant we were seated immediately.

IMG_9959.jpg

Tom ordered some coffee and

IMG_9958.jpg

IMG_9960.jpg

and I had some English Breakfast Tea.

IMG_9965.jpg

Tom tried the Kobe Brunch Burger - American style Kobe burger topped with aged Vermont cheddar cheese, crispy bacon and one egg over medium, served on a freshly baked artisan bun and a side of breakfast potatoes. He ordered it medium and that was exactly how it was done. It was well spiced and tasted real good and he really enjoyed it.

IMG_9961.jpg

I had the Eggs Benedict - served with premium Canadian bacon, poached eggs, Hollandaise sauce and

IMG_9967.jpg

a seaonal Seasonal Fruit Cup. Let's start with the fruit cup. ;) They were ripe and chilled and nice. Tom tried the melon as I do not eat that, but the grapes, pineapple and strawberry were really nice.
The Eggs Benedict were devine. Perfectly poached eggs, oozing egg yolk goodness all over the bacon and blending in with the Hollandaise Sauce. What's not to like about that? :goodvibes It was a wonderful breakfast. The servers were very attemptive and we were surprised there were only a few tables occupied.

Once we had settled the bill we walked outside and couldn't resist resting in one of these.

IMG_9968.jpg

Next up: Flame Tree Barbeque

Happy Friday Karin :goodvibes

I am loving your reviews (as always) you have just made me want EOS for lunch :cloud9:

May Grill looks really good, DH is a big Eggs Benedict fan so he would love it there and what a lovely resort :thumbsup2

I LOVE Cinnabon! On of the exciting things of traveling in airports is finding one. We don't have any near us, so usually the only time I see them is when I go through an airport.
I love the Earl of Sandwich as well. I can;t wait to have something there in 30 days!!!! It's been a few years and it is calling my name

A great review! I love the fruit and the way you described that Eggs Benedict had me drooling! :laughing:

Thank you for sharing your purchases - what great buys! :thumbsup2 I love them all - lol at the CM nearly falling backwards!

Mark and I have a couple of mornings with no breakfast ressies. I'm thinking maybe we shoudl pop into Maya; we've not been there since the breakfast was still a buffet.

I love how peaceful the CSR is in the morning, and it is one of the many reasons we stay there every trip. :goodvibes

Happy Friday Karin :goodvibes

I am loving your reviews (as always) you have just made me want EOS for lunch :cloud9:

May Grill looks really good, DH is a big Eggs Benedict fan so he would love it there and what a lovely resort :thumbsup2

Hope your weekend has already started, Linda!

We were pretty impressed by Maya Grill breakfast. I had read some less than nice reviews of it right before our February vacation, but wanted to keep the ADR anyway, and we were glad we did!
The Eggs Benedict were wonderful and they have a lot of meatless options too! ;) :thumbsup2

I LOVE Cinnabon! On of the exciting things of traveling in airports is finding one. We don't have any near us, so usually the only time I see them is when I go through an airport.
I love the Earl of Sandwich as well. I can;t wait to have something there in 30 days!!!! It's been a few years and it is calling my name

Oh, I never thought about looking for Cinnabon at airports! Thanks for giving me a hint! :thumbsup2
I just found out there is one near Vienna and I am now begging Tom to spend another weekend in Vienna. :rotfl2: Guess I will have to wait until Florida though as we are taking our catsitters to a wedding in Nurnberg, Germany next weekend and then my cousin and his family come to visit from Zurich. They are bringing little George and I cannot wait to hug that little money!

I have to admit that I really love EoS, but when we are at DTD, WPE mostly wins! ;) :laughing:

A great review! I love the fruit and the way you described that Eggs Benedict had me drooling! :laughing:

Thank you for sharing your purchases - what great buys! :thumbsup2 I love them all - lol at the CM nearly falling backwards!

Thank you so much for your kind words about my ability to describe Eggs Benedict! :rotfl2: I feel honoured, esp. since English is a second language to me.

Yes, I just love my Dooneys! And I hope they have some new ones on the DREAM this summer - I "might" buy another one (or two!) :laughing:

I am green with envy over those bags my dear!!!!!:worship:

:lmao: I did leave a few of them in the store ....... if you feel the urge to buy one! ;)

Mark and I have a couple of mornings with no breakfast ressies. I'm thinking maybe we shoudl pop into Maya; we've not been there since the breakfast was still a buffet.

I love how peaceful the CSR is in the morning, and it is one of the many reasons we stay there every trip. :goodvibes

You might want to consider the Maya Grill for breakfast one day, Kathy. No characters, but really good food!

As beautiful as the resort is all day, I really enjoyed the early morning hours when everything was peaceful and quiet and the buildings "mirrored" in the lake.

Count me in for that chicken pesto sandwich too! Looking forward to the rest of your reviews! :earsboy:

It's one of the best sandwiches we ever tasted! Can't wait to have another one - in exactly 29 days! :woohoo:

Just decided what I am having next at WPE--the pesto chicken salad sandwich. Looks so good.

Karin, will you finish this review before your next trip? Or, better yet, before mine?

Just decided what I am having next at WPE--the pesto chicken salad sandwich. Looks so good.

Karin, will you finish this review before your next trip? Or, better yet, before mine?

You won't be disappointed with the Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwich! It is really good, we have had it several times and it was always yummy!

I really hope to finish my review as soon as possible and I see you have two more weeks until your vacation, so it should be done by then! :thumbsup2

Day 7, February 25

Flame Tree Barbeque

We spent the morning at Disney's Animal Kingdom, riding Everest a few times

IMG_9992.jpg

and going on the Safari. At around noon we were hungry enough to head over to Flame Tree to share some lunch.

IMG_9999.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

We shared a Pulled Pork Sandwich, which came with baked beans. Tom got some barbeque sauce from the condiments bar and we "spooned" some more of the sauce onto each bite of the sandwich. :cloud9: The pulled pork was moist and fresh and we both enjoyed it very much.

IMG_0002.jpg

We love Flame Tree's Onion Rings, so we got a portion of them too! They were crisp on the outside and the onion inside kind of melted in your mouth. Instant love! :love:

IMG_0003.jpg

I had always loved the Key Lime Pie they had on the menu, but sadly it's gone and I wanted to try the Key Lime Mousse. Well, even though I enjoyed it more than I had thought I would, it was by far not as good as the Pie. It had a slightly "chemical" taste to it (like the lemon juice you get to buy in that plastic lemon), which wasn't quite what I had expected. Guess next time we stop by Flame Tree we will skip dessert and just get a Mickey Bar! ;)

Next up: Wishes Dessert Party

When we were at AK a few weeks ago, I had wanted to go to Flame Tree - mostly because I knew I would get a discount with my annual pass - but we were by the Yak and Yeti CS when we got hungry, so that is where we stopped. I think that if I had the picture of that sandwich and onion rings in my head, we would have tracked it down! :lmao: When we go in August, I am going to have to make a point of going there!

(We have to do a DIS meet while we are there at the same time!)

Yum. Pulled pork sounds good right about now.

Sounds good to me any time! ;) :lmao:

When we were at AK a few weeks ago, I had wanted to go to Flame Tree - mostly because I knew I would get a discount with my annual pass - but we were by the Yak and Yeti CS when we got hungry, so that is where we stopped. I think that if I had the picture of that sandwich and onion rings in my head, we would have tracked it down! :lmao: When we go in August, I am going to have to make a point of going there!

(We have to do a DIS meet while we are there at the same time!)

You definitely have to try the Pulled Pork Sandwich and the onion rings in August. There is a wonderful seating area down by the water's edge opposite Everest. It is covered and shadey - and so peaceful! :thumbsup2

We sure have to think up something in terms of a DISmeet! We'll come back from our cruise Sept 1 and I think you'll be there until the 4th, am I correct?

You definitely have to try the Pulled Pork Sandwich and the onion rings in August. There is a wonderful seating area down by the water's edge opposite Everest. It is covered and shadey - and so peaceful! :thumbsup2

We sure have to think up something in terms of a DISmeet! We'll come back from our cruise Sept 1 and I think you'll be there until the 4th, am I correct?

Yes - I need to make sure that we make time to go over there more than once as we have a Yak and Yeti lunch reservation one day. We'll have to get over there another day as well!

I thought of you today! I took my girls to see Harry Potter and we were ordering our popcorn - and they sell Cinnabon pretzels at the concession stand!

And -- I don't know how you remember that - but yes, we'll be checking out on the 4th. We don't have anything in stone for our days the first through the third - except our dinner plans. What about ya'll??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter