The Middle

One thing I noticed was at the end when they showed Sue's wedding. They showed Mike and Frankie, Brad and what looked like his partner, Axel and his pregnant wife (although she never turned her head to the camera, it looked like Lexie). But they did not show Brick. I was expecting to see Brick and Cindy. Just thought it was odd they didn't show Brick. I did notice the wedding ring when he was at the book signing, so we can assume he married Cindy, but it was strange he was not in the final shot of Sue's wedding.

They did show Brick and I rewatched it and I'm sure it was Cindy beside him behind Axle. Brick didn't have the beard at the wedding. He was in the background . When I rewatched the show I thought Bricks hand looked like a woman's hand photoshopped in with the wedding ring. It just looked odd to me.

I was watching to see if Axle was with Lexi or Ashley since she said he would see her again...lol

I was wondering what happened to Darren, did I miss him this season. I know they were trying to have everyone on that was in the whole series.

Finale was good. I have enjoyed all the seasons of this show as my two kids have been in the same stages as the Heck's. Frankie did have some good, relatable one lines. The one from last week's episode about Axl moving was so true. Frankie feared she would never see him again and said something like: We love him more than he loves us, he'll never come home. So funny and so true about "kids" at that age (early 20s).

I wasn't crazy about the episodes during this season, knowing it would be ending. I like how they finished up but I would have liked to have seen more Sue/Sean interaction during the season.

They did show Brick and I rewatched it and I'm sure it was Cindy beside him behind Axle. Brick didn't have the beard at the wedding. He was in the background . When I rewatched the show I thought Bricks hand looked like a woman's hand photoshopped in with the wedding ring. It just looked odd to me.

I was watching to see if Axle was with Lexi or Ashley since she said he would see her again...lol

I was wondering what happened to Darren, did I miss him this season. I know they were trying to have everyone on that was in the whole series.

Oh okay I watched the scene twice and could not locate Brick. Glad he was there with Cindy!

I thought this was a great series finale.

What struck me was about the sharing the data and Axl leaving the family plan and Frankie not wanting to break up the family. We are currently in discussion about our family plan, DS and DD are both married and living elsewhere but on our plan and pay their portion. Just yesterday we were texting about how to solve the data usage problem and whether they would leave the plan. So, this struck a nerve. And DD, who I didn't even know watched The Middle, texted me during the show to see if I was watching.

I said that to my husband when we were watching it. I noticed it right off the bat. So weird.

We're going to miss it too. Hubby wasn't home so I fast forwarded through the show just to find scenes of Sue & Sean because I couldn't wait to find out if they finally got together

I said that to my husband when we were watching it. I noticed it right off the bat. So weird.

I wonder if is because they are trying to make them look older (and didn’t do a great job, there with the beard or Axl) and wanted “adult” hands rather than Bricks current ones

Sue and Sean must take a long time to get married for Axl to have 3 kids that old and a 4th in the way...

I was so disappointed with the last season. It seemed like they totally phoned it in. The whole Sean/Sue storyline was promising, but it ended up being annoying after awhile. I just feel like they did Sue such a disservice. She persevered through life and never got what she wanted. Yeah, she married Sean in the end, but they made it seem like it wasn't as magical and happy has Sue truly deserved.

I do think they did otherwise wrap it up very nicely.

YES, I noticed the wedding ring. I was surprised that the writers showed the peak into the future for the Hecks. I loved that. I also cried through the whole episode. Frankie’s tirade about having to be cool so Axl would want to remain close with her was so true. She said something about it all being up to him now.

I will rewatch the episode another day and I will deeply miss the show!
Didn't an earlier episode predict or show Brick married to his girlfriend in the distant future?

Loved it. This whole season how they brought every old storyline into a lot of it. Patricia Heaton is the best TV mom.
I love her. She was recently interviewed on a talk show, and I thought about way back when I recall seeing her interview for the Middle when it was just coming out. I don't know why it stuck in my head- but, probably because at the time I loved her and she mentioned the boys names. I thought Brick and Axl were odd names for middle America. I've watched this show from the beginning and loved it. The ending was great. A lot of times a show will end and you feel like the writers didn't do the show justice. But, in this case, they got it right.

I was so disappointed with the last season. It seemed like they totally phoned it in. The whole Sean/Sue storyline was promising, but it ended up being annoying after awhile. I just feel like they did Sue such a disservice. She persevered through life and never got what she wanted. Yeah, she married Sean in the end, but they made it seem like it wasn't as magical and happy has Sue truly deserved.

I thought the same thing. When they said, "they got together, then broke up, then got back together, then broke up again. Then got married" or something like that. I thought it would be more of a deep love that took off and never stopped. All unicorns and rainbows, like Sue. LOL!

I thought the same thing. When they said, "they got together, then broke up, then got back together, then broke up again. Then got married" or something like that. I thought it would be more of a deep love that took off and never stopped. All unicorns and rainbows, like Sue. LOL!

^This, I would have loved a more happily ever after from Sue and Sean

I’m a big fan, too, of The Middle. It’s one show my whole family watches together. I’ve watched it from the beginning and really loved the ending. That said, this last season was my least favorite. I didn’t find the episodes as funny as I did in past seasons. As sad as I am to say this, I think it was time for the series to end.

I enjoy watching old seasons of The Middle on Freeform and the Hallmark Channel. In fact, I’m watching an episode now as I’m typing this, lol.

Yes that was my take. Lexi was pregnant with the first at Sue's wedding.
Funny how Darren was never mentioned.

I was waiting for Darren to be in one of the last scenes as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter