"the moron's" final trip grade! Part 1

eliza61

DIS Veteran
Happy Holidays Members,

Just back from our family vacation in WDW and since I posted live reports during the beginning of our vacation and in honor of school starting soon, I thought I post a WDW report card instead of a normal trip report.
Vacation session was 11 days. 8/22-9/01 and included myself :Pinkbounc 45+, my lovely DH 45+ :groom: , DS 15, DS 13, DSis, DBIL, Dneice 7

Accommodations
A- As I said in my 1st live report, the WL is absolutely unbelievably, breath taking and awe inspiring. We had a 2 bedroom villa that was spacious and comfortably handle all 7 of us. Even with a 6ft 15 year old and a 5'9 13 year old we never felt crowded. The master bathroom had a vanity with mirror in the bath area and the shower area so 2 people were able to get ready at the same time. The resort pools were large and roomy, both had large hot tubs and the major pool had a kiddie area and a really nice bar.

Mousekeeping A This was a hard category to grade because as dvc members we don't get daily mousekeeping. I recieved a full cleaning on day 4, (I think) and a trash/towel service on day 8. Both services were done efficiently and completely. Upon arrival the room was clean and fully supplied. I called mousekeeping to order an extra towel package and it arrived quickly and the cm was courteous.
I didn't give it an A+ because one of the stove burners did not work, but since we did not cook alot this was not an issue.

My view on the balcony was ok, we faced a wooded area. I'm beginning to believe that if the DVC is attached to a resort (BCV, Broadwalk, VWL) the resort rooms will have the better views. (maybe because Disney can charge top dollar for them)I could be wrong.

One area I did give disney a F was for internet connection. Now I know this is not the most important issue on vacation but I notice while I was driving down to Florida from NJ, every $69.00/night motel along I-95 offered free internet connection for its guest. I think Disney could definitely offer this, instead of charging 10 bucks a day.

Part II
Parks & crowds
:wave:
Eliza

Great report! Glad you had a good trip, and I hope you reported the broken stove burner to maintenance.

My view on the balcony was ok, we faced a wooded area. I'm beginning to believe that if the DVC is attached to a resort (BCV, Broadwalk, VWL) the resort rooms will have the better views. (maybe because Disney can charge top dollar for them)I could be wrong.

It is not that they can get more for the rooms, it is due to the fact that VWL and BCV were build after the Resort was open for several years. They are both an afterthought. BCV were built in the parking lot/tennis courts of the Beach Club and VWL were built on the only piece of land available.

BW has some really nice views in the preferred category. As it was a planned DVC resort from the very beginning not an addon to an exisiting resort.

Glad you had a fun trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter