The night before we get to check in

MiknMinMouse

DIS Veteran
I'm on the waiting list for the first night we plan to arrive in Orlando (I'm kicking myself now that I didn't just go ahead and borrow the points so I wouldn't have to worry now, but hindsight and all of that). Anyway, any suggestions for a hotel right at Disney for one night? We usually drive to Orlando and arrive around 9 - 10 p.m. and have stayed on the other side and driven through the next morning and gone on to our resort. BUT this time we've got other people with us who are staying offsite, but their timeshare starts Friday so I'd like to be as close as possible to them from the first night as well. Also, they'll need to book a night near us at the end of the trip because they run Friday to Friday and right now we're checking out Saturday.

I've seen the great deals on this website, how far in advance do you have to book those rooms?? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated :rolleyes:

We recently booked a night before check-in on 10/20 at a Hampton Inn close by(I think about a 1 1/2 miles away from maingate). Rate was $59. per night.

We are staying at the Sheraton Four Points Lakeside, $59.00+taxes, on Saturday 10-27. Then off to VWL Sunday thru Thursday.

FOUR POINTS BY SHERATON LAKESIDE
located at 7769 W IRLO BRONSON MEM. HWY, KISSIMMEE, FL 34747 US .
The hotel can be contacted directly at 407-396-2222
This is by the "Main Gate" area.

Hope this helps.
Have a great trip!

TTFN
TiggerFreak:)

I've stayed at the Sheraton Lakeside for a night as well. It was fine and cheap.

Thanks for all of the info :-). I'm going to wait just to see if our being on the waiting list pays off, but if not, I'll book the room before we leave.

It's probably better that you book the room now and cancel it if the waitlist doesn't pan out. The rates may go up between now and then. BTW, did you look into the All Stars for your dates? They are currently as cheap as $49 per night. Check www.mousesavers.com for code info.

The only reason I thought they might not work is that it sometimes takes so long to check in and get to the room just for one night. I thought it might be more convenient for a traditional hotel ~ although it would be fun to stay there again :-)

Looking at that Mousesavers info ~ I just noticed that the GF has a rate for $199, oyyyy that is soo tempting just for one night ~ we'll never get to use our points to stay there, this might be what I'm looking for LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter