~*~The OFFICIAL 2014 Dates Thread - Come Join Us!~*~

Found you! :cool1:

So right now the plan is May 23-29 again, but it may change by a day or two, depending on when school gets out. I don't mind them missing the last few days but I don't know when it'll be yet LOL

My plan was AoA in a LK or FN suite, but after reading a lot about Bonnet Creek and can cut the cost in half, we may do that instead but I am very much undecided. However if we go with BC, we may can do a split DW and US/IOA trip because I really really want to go see all things Harry Potter. ::yes::

So we'll see, but either way I am looking forward to May 14 and have been entering that dang disney contest in hopes to go this year:wizard:

:banana: Glad you found the new thread! :welcome:

You likely would have more room over at WBC for half the cost as well, right? ::yes:: I was amazed when I started looking into the offsite places - how big they were for the cost. :eek:

Good luck with the contest - I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! :goodvibes

Yay 2014! When we drove home last month we debated when we should go again. We always go in December and were flirting with the idea of trying a different time of year. Our oldest DS really wants to go for his birthday so we are planning on going in January of 2014, which probably means no 2013 trip...we'll see. Planning to stay at the Contemporary for the first time. DH really does not want to collapse the stroller any more than necessary!

We are actually moving back to the Gulf Coast of FL soon so we are flirting with the idea of getting passes and going at least twice. If so I think we'll aim for end of Sept/early October so we can check out the Halloween party and Food & Wine. Or maybe we'll just go back in Dec. or both?

I digress though. January 2014, looking at around the 11th-17th at the Contemporary. And my husband is insisting on the deluxe dining plan so I foresee a lot of food in our future!

:welcome: to our growing group! I'll get your info added to the list.

When are you moving to the Gulf Coast? How exciting for you and your family! :hyper:

Deluxe dining, eh? I also see a lot of ADRs in your future! Are you going to try and score BOG?

We are planning an October 2014 trip. It was going to be an October 2013 trip, but my daughter had an unexpected surgery and our Disney money will be going to medical bills.

Our plan is to go October 19 -24. Not sure of resort, looking at POR, POFQ and AOA. MY daughter loves the look of the Little Mermaid rooms. We will be celebrating my daughters birthday (9) during the trip. :banana::banana::banana:

:welcome:

Sorry to hear your daughter had to have surgery. :hug: I hope she is doing well now.

The LM rooms at AoA are adorable, aren't they? That resort seems to be so well-themed. I'm hoping to get over there to just walk around and take a look-see on our next trip.

I'll put you on the list. Once you know where you're staying, I can update your info. ;)

Thank you for doing this! I don't know why my post said SO. It should have said WL! Sorry about that.

:laughing: All I could figure was SOG and that maybe you'd skipped the "G" when you posted! :lmao: I'll change it for ya!

The plan is to make matching shirts for at least one of the days. I am also planning to watch the Disney Store for when the personalized fleece goes on sale and plan to buy them for everyone for Christmas presents to get us ready to go.:cool1:

I will never be able to celebrate my birthday or my DD's birthday at WDW because we are both June birthday's and I would never want to go to Florida in the summer. Maybe next time we go we can celebrate my DS's birthday since he is an October birthday.

The personalized fleece sounds like a wonderful gift idea. I might actually have to steal that. :teeth:

There are some very cool ideas on how to make t-shirts here on the DIS. If you do a search, you'll find several threads. I know there's a couple on how to make the spiral tie-dye Mickey head, along with a few others.

October is a wonderful time to go. The weather is usually much nicer and less humid - plus you have F&W and MNSSHP.

BearcatsFan said:
There are some very cool ideas on how to make t-shirts here on the DIS. If you do a search, you'll find several threads. I know there's a couple on how to make the spiral tie-dye Mickey head, along with a few others.

I made tie dye mickey shirts for my girls and a friend. They came out great and are fun to make.

39fb272b.jpg

5ff484c2.jpg

We are planning an October 2014 trip. It was going to be an October 2013 trip, but my daughter had an unexpected surgery and our Disney money will be going to medical bills.

Our plan is to go October 19 -24. Not sure of resort, looking at POR, POFQ and AOA. MY daughter loves the look of the Little Mermaid rooms. We will be celebrating my daughters birthday (9) during the trip. :banana::banana::banana:

Th LM rooms at AoA are really nice - we loved them! We were lucky to stay there in September only a week after they opened. The themeing is beautiful - it was so bright and fun! My mother who went with us still can't stop talking about how nice they were to everyone.
I can't compare since to the moderates since the only other place I've stayed is the All Star Sports (that was how I convinced my DH to go in the first place was to stay there - lol!)

We haven't been to King's Island in years and it's practically in our back yard. :laughing:

That's so funny about the Grand Marshal thing! I've often wondered if anyone here has us on video or in their photos. ::yes::

We're the same way with Cedar Point - it's about 30 minutes away and it's been a long time since I've been there.

I made tie dye mickey shirts for my girls and afriends. They came out great and are fun to make.

Those look fantastic! Can you post the instructions? I'd like to link it to the info page in case anyone else is interested in making them. ::yes::

ETA: Guess I should have read through to the last page before replying - someone is already interested in making them! :laughing:

Those look fantastic! Can you post the instructions? I'd like to link it to the info page in case anyone else is interested in making them. ::yes::

ETA: Guess I should have read through to the last page before replying - someone is already interested in making them! :laughing:

I think it was pretty easy, have never tie dyed before. I used this thread for instructions. Tie Dye Mickey Shirts!

What I learned, dye resist is more like a paint, 100% cotton is the way to go (cotton holds onto the dye best) , bleach pens are your friends! What's fun is you can do any simple shape, I also did a heart, the next time I die dye I will try addtional shapes for my kiddos, like maybe a star or crown.... Even DH had fun making these with me!

I think it was pretty easy, have never tie dyed before. I used this thread for instructions. Tie Dye Mickey Shirts!

What I learned, dye resist is more like a paint, 100% cotton is the way to go (cotton holds onto the dye best) , bleach pens are your friends! What's fun is you can do any simple shape, I also did a heart, the next time I die dye I will try addtional shapes for my kiddos, like maybe a star or crown.... Even DH had fun making these with me!

Thank you for posting this. :thanks: I'm going to link your post to the front page.

So happy to see this thread! I can't imagine how I missed it thus far...:) WE will be heading back to WDW for my 40th birthday in August 2014. The dates I have planned are Aug 24- Aug 31. I have definetly decided on AoA for a one night stay for my kids to experience that resort since they loved POP so much:goodvibes But the remainder of the stay would be at Home-the Wilderness Lodge. In between I am considering staying at the Yacht Club and then move to WL. I haven't decided on that yet, waiting on what happens this year with the Free Dining rumors about Deluxe resorts:stir:

Thanks! I just saw another tie dye how to do hearts, it looked pretty easy, so i think I can do mickey heads :rotfl: or I hope!

So happy to see this thread! I can't imagine how I missed it thus far...:) WE will be heading back to WDW for my 40th birthday in August 2014. The dates I have planned are Aug 24- Aug 31. I have definetly decided on AoA for a one night stay for my kids to experience that resort since they loved POP so much:goodvibes But the remainder of the stay would be at Home-the Wilderness Lodge. In between I am considering staying at the Yacht Club and then move to WL. I haven't decided on that yet, waiting on what happens this year with the Free Dining rumors about Deluxe resorts:stir:

:welcome: I'll get you added to the list!

A 40th birthday celebration trip? You're so lucky! My 40th is in a few days and I was so hoping to go to WDW to celebrate, but we planned for last September instead. :sad:

I have heard those same FD rumors. Trying to keep up with all the changes Disney is making lately is enough to make your head spin! :faint:

We're the same way with Cedar Point - it's about 30 minutes away and it's been a long time since I've been there.

I LOVE Cedar Point!!! We go every July. I grew up in Erie, PA which is about 2 1/2 hours from there. Used to go for all our school field trips. Now I go visit my family every July and we make sure we spend 2 days at the Point!!! Love, love, love roller coasters!!! :worship:

The personalized fleece sounds like a wonderful gift idea. I might actually have to steal that. :teeth:

October is a wonderful time to go. The weather is usually much nicer and less humid - plus you have F&W and MNSSHP.[/QUOTE]

The last 2 times we went to Disney we went end of Sept/early Oct and I really love being there that time of year. Crowds are low, weather is great, free dining is offered and we usually hit both the F&W festival and MNSSHP.

This will be the first time we have ever gone in Jan so it will be a totally new experience for us. Really looking forward to being part of my nieces big birthday milestones. :love:

I have looked at a lot of the different designs. Made a few shirts when we went back in 2006 with designs made on the dis. So many creative people on one lovely site. :goodvibes

So excited to see this tread!...We are planning our next Disney Christmas/20th Anniv./DS HS graduation trip! Planning on POR, Dec 21-26. we have a few comp. resort nights so the cost will be a bit lower for us! hoping that with the comp. days I will still be able to pay for DDP!

Yay! We're planning for 2014 as well, so I'll join in!

We have PAPs which we will activate on our upcoming trip (August 2013) and get a second trip out of them by going again earlier in the summer of 2014. :thumbsup2 Either late July or very early August (last day to use the PAPs will be August 10, 2014). We know it will be HOT but we always go in August so we are used to it. DH is a teacher so we are limited to summers and school vacations & have more time in the summer so that's our choice.

Unsure of resort at this point. We go for long-ish (usually 12 days) and like split stays. We will probably do one half at one of our home resorts (BWV or BLT) and the other half somewhere new. I would love to try BCV but not sure if we would get in at 7 months in the summer. Would also love to try VWL. So anyway, we have a lot unknown at this point. Bearcat, put me wherever you want on the list for now and I'll keep you updated as we make plans.

Glad to have found this thread!

KSL said:
Yay! We're planning for 2014 as well, so I'll join in!

We have PAPs which we will activate on our upcoming trip (August 2013) and get a second trip out of them by going again earlier in the summer of 2014. :thumbsup2 Either late July or very early August (last day to use the PAPs will be August 10, 2014). We know it will be HOT but we always go in August so we are used to it. DH is a teacher so we are limited to summers and school vacations & have more time in the summer so that's our choice.

Unsure of resort at this point. We go for long-ish (usually 12 days) and like split stays. We will probably do one half at one of our home resorts (BWV or BLT) and the other half somewhere new. I would love to try BCV but not sure if we would get in at 7 months in the summer. Would also love to try VWL. So anyway, we have a lot unknown at this point. Bearcat, put me wherever you want on the list for now and I'll keep you updated as we make plans.

Glad to have found this thread!

Those PAPs were a great deal! We purchased and used them on our Dec trip. The discount on TiW and 20% off paid for the upgrade very quickly. Now we have a trip planned for 4 nights in Oct during F&W. I hope they run some other discounts like that!

We need updating!

We have chosen our resort -- AOA -- I can't resist that Finding Nemo family suite!

Girls' only trip...so just me, the oldest daughter -- who will be starting her senior year of college the day after we return! -- and the youngest daughter.

August 13-24! I can't believe the DH said, "Go for it," to a 12-day Disney stay!! :hyper:

So...no boys or hubby on this trip -- but they're already planning a 2015 April / May trip to POR! I hope the Disney love never ends for my kids! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter