*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

Just printed my boarding passes for tomorrow. Nothing like using all 4 devices to print them when you don't buy EBCI and have 4 different confirmation numbers. One thing down, a millon things left to do until tomorrow. I'll be estatic 24 hours from now.

Dang, how did I miss this thread? Anyway my Mom, Wife, and I will be checking into Old Key West on the 27th of August and leaving on September 3rd. Getting more excited, and I just can't hide it. :tongue:

I'm in single digits:jumping1: 9 days until check in, 8 until we hit the road. Crazy days it will be. Kids finish day camp tomorrow and finishing the back to school shopping. Saturday is 'open', Sunday we have a big family BBQ followed by dropping kids off with my parents for 4 nights of camping. They return noon Thursday, get dogs dropped off for their 'holiday' and we hit the road at midnight. Thankfully I am an obsessive shoppers for my younger two and they have their Disney suitcase packed already. Not sure how my daughter is going to manage, she has nothing packed for any outing. Would be nice to have the few days kid free to prep my stuff and last minute shopping, however I babysit my friends daughter so she'll have to join me. Even my kids are starting to show the excitement with the countdown so close.

8 Days out! BUT when I started gathering our carry-on items I realized the "safe place" I put our DME tags in was safer than expected. I can't find them anywhere after spending a good 2 hours last night tearing our place apart!! Of course I got next to nothing accomplished last night since I was looking for them so I'm doubly frustrated. ARGH!

8 Days out! BUT when I started gathering our carry-on items I realized the "safe place" I put our DME tags in was safer than expected. I can't find them anywhere after spending a good 2 hours last night tearing our place apart!! Of course I got next to nothing accomplished last night since I was looking for them so I'm doubly frustrated. ARGH!

oh oh, so frustrating.... hmmm I better dig mine out

We are 7 days out till we start travelling, and 8 days till we arrive at Disney!!!! OMgosh.. I can't believe we are leaving in a week!! Anyone else have packing anxiety? I am the worst :sad2:, I get so stressed out I make myself sick.. ugh...

I hope because it is just me and hubby I won't be so worried about leaving something behind!! I know that I can buy anything I forget but it doesn't help for some reason, in my mind I just worry.. Hubby says It is because I am an only child and I am an over-planner, he is one of five children so nothing seems to bother him. I think it doesn't bother him because I have it all packed and planned :p

9 days, 8 hours, 8 minutes and 30 seconds to go!!!!

But really I'm only counting 6 days because I'm off tomorrow plus the weekend :yay:

oh oh, so frustrating.... hmmm I better dig mine out

We are 7 days out till we start travelling, and 8 days till we arrive at Disney!!!! OMgosh.. I can't believe we are leaving in a week!! Anyone else have packing anxiety? I am the worst :sad2:, I get so stressed out I make myself sick.. ugh...

I hope because it is just me and hubby I won't be so worried about leaving something behind!! I know that I can buy anything I forget but it doesn't help for some reason, in my mind I just worry.. Hubby says It is because I am an only child and I am an over-planner, he is one of five children so nothing seems to bother him. I think it doesn't bother him because I have it all packed and planned :p

Yes! So frustrating. But the good news is that even if I don't find them I can still have DME collect and deliver our bags. I'll still look for them in the meantime but I'm no longer stressed about it. Deep breath and move on, right?

From the DME FAQ...
Once you arrive at Orlando International Airport, go directly to Disney's Magical Express and speak with a Disney Cast Member.

If you have received your MagicBands, please be sure not to pack them in your checked luggage, as they will be used to check in with Disney’s Magical Express and to unlock your room when you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel.

If your flight arrives between 5:00 AM and 10:00 PM, please provide us with the checked baggage claim numbers that you received from your airline when you checked your bags. We will obtain your information, collect your luggage and deliver it to your room at your Disney Resort hotel.

-You are not alone in your packing anxiety. I do not have anxiety except when it comes to Disney packing and flying. Goodness I detest flying. I just make a bazillion packing lists, forget them all at work, do my best and figure anything that was unimportant enough to be forgotten wasn't really needed with few exceptions. I've found that the more I stress about packing the more my flying anxiety effects me so I try not to let it get to me.

Checked into Contemporary this morning after an awesome Magical Express ride (got on bus at 9:00am, left at 9:05am, arrived at our resort first, ahead of Poly and GF, arrived at 9:40am!). Got our requests of ground floor, close to transportation (you can see monorail going right by our room - love it!) We are in the garden wing. The rooms here are huge and lovely. So peaceful in the Garden Wing. Swam today, did the monorail circle, lunch at Captain Cooks with Dole Whips from Pineapple Lanai, supper at Trails End (first time here - amazing ribs, chicken, potatoes, salads ... and awesome service). Tomorrow we are walking to the Magic Kingdom for 8:00am EMH. A magical start!

Checked into Contemporary this morning after an awesome Magical Express ride (got on bus at 9:00am, left at 9:05am, arrived at our resort first, ahead of Poly and GF, arrived at 9:40am!). Got our requests of ground floor, close to transportation (you can see monorail going right by our room - love it!) We are in the garden wing. The rooms here are huge and lovely. So peaceful in the Garden Wing. Swam today, did the monorail circle, lunch at Captain Cooks with Dole Whips from Pineapple Lanai, supper at Trails End (first time here - amazing ribs, chicken, potatoes, salads ... and awesome service). Tomorrow we are walking to the Magic Kingdom for 8:00am EMH. A magical start!

I hope our time on ME goes as quickly as yours next Saturday lol! We've always had good experiences as far as getting a bus quick and not sitting/waiting long, until our last 2 trips :sad2: Our bus came quick but both times we ended up sitting on the bus for 45-60 minutes before it left. Of course I know this can happen, doesn't mean I like it, but DH was NOT amused. Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't happen this time!
Also nice to hear you enjoyed TE dinner. We're eating breakfast there next week, first time for any meal, and I'm considering trying to add a dinner there for our Nov. trip.
Enjoy the rest of your vacation!!
I'm in single digits:jumping1: 9 days until check in

9 days, 8 hours, 8 minutes and 30 seconds to go!!!!

Nine days for us, too :cheer2: Not sure on the hours and minutes though lol

Arriving at OKW on the 27th and hopefully leaving late Friday for an easy drive. Should be less than 5 hours on the road in late night traffic, if my Mom & Wife don't insist on stopping every 30 miles. :duck: READY TO GO!!!!!!!

August 19th - 4am wake the kids up to Disney and HP music ... tell them about their surprise trip ... and get on the plane! :rainbow:

August 19th - Portofino Hotel / Universal! pixiedust:

August 22nd - Boardwalk Villas / DisneyWorld! :cloud9:

August 29th - Disney Dream! :sail:
Nice! We are also at PBH Aug 19-22, then on to Wilderness Lodge, 22-28. Can't believe we're on our way in 11 hours...

Checked into our hotel at the beach. Beach day tomorrow and the Tampa bay rays game tomorrow night. Can't wait.

Spent morning at Magic Kingdom (EMH). Got on lots of rides, but it's been a while since we've used AM EMH (we usually avoid them but decided to go as we can walk in from Contemporary) and I wasn't aware that they didn't open the Frontierland / Liberty Square until 9;00am. We were planning to ride Peter Pan, then go to Haunted Mansion and Splash Mt, but were told we couldn't enter until 9:00am. Just had to re-adjust our plans, which was fine. Monsters Inc was down until noon, and at two different times Astro Orbiter and People Mover were down too (so Tomorrowland was a bit crowded). We took a break at Auntie Gravity's (had coffee float and smoothies - yum!) Good morning overall and heading back into MK tonight as it's open till midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter