The Official December 2009 Car Rental Thread

The code is available on Mousesavers:

I found the same code and would like to use it. But again, it'd be nice to say something other than "it is on Mousesavers" if the clerk asks me! I'm a bit nervous because after inputting the double upgrade code the confirmation page only mentions "upgrade" coupon accepted and not "double upgrade".

Angela, I would not use a coupon code that I could not verify. I personally would not use it. Mousesavers is a good place to find reliable codes.

The code is available on Mousesavers:

Thank you!

I have one ressie with a coupon from the Entertainment Book and one with the code from Mousesavers. I'll use the Mousesaver ressie first. If they require a coupon then I will use the other ressie.

I found the same code and would like to use it. But again, it'd be nice to say something other than "it is on Mousesavers" if the clerk asks me! I'm a bit nervous because after inputting the double upgrade code the confirmation page only mentions "upgrade" coupon accepted and not "double upgrade".

You should be able to tell based on the car type you end up with. For example, I selected Midsize but ended up with Full size which is a double upgrade.

I booked a car rental over a week ago for 12/5-12/13 with hotwire. Total including taxes and everything was $150.?? for a mid-size. Ended up with Hertz. The shuttle system from the airport went smoothly and we got our car in a short amount of time. It was a brand new Chevy HHR. Different from what I expected, but it only had 2 miles on it. Our 3 larger suitcases fit in the back, no problem.

We ended up adding an extra driver for $65 but it was worth it to us.

I was worried about the shuttle system but it worked good on this end. We'll see how the return goes.

Well I started this thread months ago for my 9 day trip 12/4 to 12/13. Ended up with a little more than $200 using Thrifty Orlando Magi Card for the "we pick - midsize or up".

I have been watching rates come down - but the Thrifty rate was still the best (especially with the extra driver (I did call and the extra driver was included).

Well tonight I ran my last run through all the rental car companies and low and behold the old faithful Walmart code 430710 and a double upgrade coupon AU2789SDM ended up getting my business. $199 for a FULL size with the extra driver!!!

FYI: I could have received a mid size for $154 with the coupon code
AD2123JMC.

I wanted to thank all that posted and hope many found useful info. The month is still early and I am sure there will be more posts. For me - I'm DONE!!! (well untill I got back in January and the fun begins again!!)

Take Care All!!!!

Where did you enter the walmart code and the double upgrade coupon to get this rate?

Well, after many tried with national and my Emeral Club membership, I finally found out that it is cheaper for us to take ME to Disney, then get the car that day from the Car Care Center 12/11-12/17 and take the ME back to the airport at 6am on 12/18. Cost for full size with EC, $40 email code and Continental code $145.00. I saved $71 by not picking it up at the airport and returning it there. We have me, DH, DD 26, DGD 4 and DGS 2 with strollers, car seats and lots of luggage, diaper bag....so it will be easier on us to have the ME drop us off, rather than dragging our stuff through the parking garage...DH is so cheap, he won't pay a bellman...I do when he isn't there. Too much for me. So I am happy with my price. I guess the days of the $100 a week are gone....too bad, huh?

Used THAT code, plus changed to the Budget location on Westland Street (a $25 cab ride) and the total charge after fees and tex is $266 for a full size car.... 12/28-1/05. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

$214 TOTAL ECONOMY!!

wooo hoooo! THANKS! I just did the same thing and got my car rental down from $469 to $280!!! :yay:

I ended up renting a minivan from Alamo for 11 days--12/2 to 12/12. Using various codes and coupons, I paid $429 total, including taxes and fees.

There was one 8 passenger Sienna available in the 7 passenger row, however it was a base LE and did not have electric sliding doors or keyless entry. I wanted a Sienna but couldn't deal with crank doors. Most of the other vans were Dodge Grand Caravans or Chrysler Town and Country's, however I selected a Kia Sedona which I think is a little bit better van (with a much better powertrain). Though I still prefer my personal Odyssey, I was pleased with the Sedona--and very pleased with Alamo. Using the kiosk I was checked in in under 2 minutes and return was just as fast. The car was quite clean and smelled decent.

There was one 8 passenger Sienna available in the 7 passenger row, however it was a base LE and did not have electric sliding doors or keyless entry. I wanted a Sienna but couldn't deal with crank doors. Most of the other vans were Dodge Grand Caravans or Chrysler Town and Country's, however I selected a Kia Sedona which I think is a little bit better van (with a much better powertrain). Though I still prefer my personal Odyssey, I was pleased with the Sedona--and very pleased with Alamo. Using the kiosk I was checked in in under 2 minutes and return was just as fast. The car was quite clean and smelled decent.

For those renting minivans, I was surprised how easily the manual sliding doors operated on the base Chrysler Town and Country we rented last June. Way easier than trying to manually open a power sliding door on our Oddy Touring. I did miss the effortless shelter during a downpour that the power tailgate provides. Do any of the rental minis at MCO have power tailgates?

For those renting minivans, I was surprised how easily the manual sliding doors operated on the base Chrysler Town and Country we rented last June. Way easier than trying to manually open a power sliding door on our Oddy Touring. I did miss the effortless shelter during a downpour that the power tailgate provides. Do any of the rental minis at MCO have power tailgates?

Yes, but the key thing is that you have to actually open the doors. When you are carrying a child toward a van, as I usually am/was, it is critical to be able to open the door just by using your key fob. It CAN be done manually even when holding a key, but its harder.

I would doubt you are going to find a power liftgate. Its only on upmarket Town and Country Tourings/Grand Caravan SXTs (its part of an option package even in teh Touring/SXT level), and on Sienna XLE. I don't know about Sedona/Entourage. I don't think you'll find any of those vehicle at MCO rental lots.

I'm starting to get quite frustrated with my attempt to rent a midsize car for a reasonable price. We're going to be at WDW from Dec. 20th through the 25th but even with using coupon codes from Costco and codes from Mousesavers, I can't get my reservation below $500. I have been reading this thread tonight and see some people have used Priceline. I have never used Priceline before and it bothers me that I have to provide my credit card number regardless whether my bid is accepted or not. Also, what disturbs me even more is the fact that I have to put down a $200 security deposit. I have never had to do this in the past when I rented from Alamo. Does anyone else have experience using Priceline and could explain a bit more about this security deposit and whether it is really worth using Priceline? Or should I just forget about the entire thing and stick with Magical Express? Thanks for your responses!

I'm starting to get quite frustrated with my attempt to rent a midsize car for a reasonable price. We're going to be at WDW from Dec. 20th through the 25th but even with using coupon codes from Costco and codes from Mousesavers, I can't get my reservation below $500. I have been reading this thread tonight and see some people have used Priceline. I have never used Priceline before and it bothers me that I have to provide my credit card number regardless whether my bid is accepted or not. Also, what disturbs me even more is the fact that I have to put down a $200 security deposit. I have never had to do this in the past when I rented from Alamo. Does anyone else have experience using Priceline and could explain a bit more about this security deposit and whether it is really worth using Priceline? Or should I just forget about the entire thing and stick with Magical Express? Thanks for your responses!

Try the Budget link on the right of the page here ... click on the car:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/discounts-transportation.htm#rental

Check this thread for my hints on bidding on Priceline:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=31100224

Some BRILLIANT person put on here about priceline...whomever that was THANKS!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

I just secured a full size from Hertz for $131.52 for January (7days)! Beat my best price by $80, pickingup at the airport.

Thanks again for making me a DIS lover!:hippie:

Don't know if you booked with Priceline yet but you can use corporate code 1660221168 with Thrifty and the total for your dates is $257.37. It also includes a free additional driver which is normally $10/day extra. The corporate code is for a property management company for building I work in. No ID is required. Have used it several times. Thrifty is onsite at the Orlando airport.

We were at Disney 12/12 to 12/16 I had a mid size reserved with National for $158 for a 4 day rental with a mousesavers code and a free day coupon, 2 days before leaving I checked the last minute special and it came down to $91 ($21/day) minus the free day coupon plus taxes & fees for a full size. I was happy with that. Linda :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter