The Official DIS Oscars LIVE Watch Party Thread!!! TONITE!

Awesome show tonight. All the winners made such great acceptance speeches.

Thanks to @Imzadi for hosting again and to everyone here for being here.
My Kleenex box is empty and I need lunch.

I'd say see you all next year but I don't know what my work commitments will be like.
But I hope to be here.

Danai Gurira​

Not a fan of the Marge Simpson hair.
I think this is very inconsiderate. Same with some other ensembles I saw tonight. I mean these women sit in front of somebody.

So sad I missed the party tonight. This was a great year for the Oscars! So happy for Brendan, Jamie Lee, Ke Huy and Michelle! I was teary through all their speeches.

We had an Oscar dinner here at the house with our own ballots. I only got 12 right out of 23 guesses correct. And I call myself a movie buff?? Oh well, better luck next year.

Sorry I missed this one, Imzadi. See y’all next year!

I did not watch but caught up on the winners this morning. I'm so happy for Ke Huy Quan! That's so cool. And I love how he still has such a fond place for The Goonies as he mentions it all the time.

Thanks Imzadi for always hosting a great watch party ! I couldn’t participate as I would have liked but enjoyed everyone’s take on the night as I have read through . Here’s hoping I can be more active in the thread next year !

I cried so hard for Ke Huy and Brendan. So very deserving. Same with EEAAO (RACACCONIE FOREVER)

Loved Michelle. While I love Jamie Lee, I don’t think she should’ve won but her speech was beautiful and humbling (major for shouting out the crew and franchises and of course her parents that was beautiful).

LOVED the performances for Natu Natu, Gaga(so beautifully raw) and Rihanna. It was great to hear Stephanie Hsu sing live again and Diane Warren looks great! The minute I heard John Travolta be told as the next presenter I knew I was in for a whirlwind of emotions because there was nothing else for him to do except open the In Memoriam.

Genuinely was rooting for Maestro Williams but alas. Ruth Carter winning for Blank Panther Wakanda Forever was incredibly deserving, and her speech broke my heart as well. Top Gun winning Sound and Pinocchio (Del Toro) for animation also made my heart soar!

Loved most of the looks-very good stylists.

Really enjoyed the multiple awards per presenter format but still too many commercials making it so long. Also enjoyed the tributes to Disney and WB.

Kimmel was ok. Not his best but not his worst. Genuinely enjoyed his opening monologue.

All in all a successful year for film.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter