The Official Expedition Everest 2013 Thread

recieved an email with the link to the igift bag, lasting commemorative will be there, just looked at their products and you can see the bib design and the medal looks different from last year, I hope it still opens to reveal the compass http://www.lastingcommemoratives.co...b-medal-photo-display-expedition-everest-2013

I love the new bib, not sure about the medal though. It looks like it does open...

I'm pretty sad about this, but due to injury we're going to have to sell my husband's bib. Anyone interested? I'll be at the expo/packet pickup to pick the bib up on Friday afternoon and could hand over the bib/shirt/packet in person in exchange for $120 cash. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I love the new bib, not sure about the medal though. It looks like it does open...

I'm pretty sad about this, but due to injury we're going to have to sell my husband's bib. Anyone interested? I'll be at the expo/packet pickup to pick the bib up on Friday afternoon and could hand over the bib/shirt/packet in person in exchange for $120 cash. Let me know if anyone is interested.
SuperHappyFunTimes, I have an extra After Party Ticket, I believe it was bought before March 21st. If you'd like to buy it so your husband can attend the after party let me know. I think the final price is about $55 after taxes.

Does anyone know if the bib numbers give an indication of the corral assignments? I had heard that teams of two get put in the back, but our bib numbers are low (I think) - in the 960's. I'm hoping that means we're in an earlier corral.

RunDisney redoes the medal designs for the 5 and 0 anniversary years and then the next year they do it again.

Bib numbers usually indicate chronologically where you fall in the corral placement. So a lower number usually means an earlier corral.

Judging by that email and knowing Disney's track record of one hand not knowing what the other is doing, I am skeptical (yet hopeful) that New Balance will be at the mini expo.

Edited to add: After I checked the iGift bag, I stand corrected.

I asked this on the facebook page:
Since the announcement of May the Fourth for Limited Time Magic at DHS, if the Star Wars fireworks are at midnight (hoping, fingers crossed) do you think that If I finish the EEC, grab my medal, hop on my car, go to DHS for the fw...will they let us get back inside AK for the after-party?? I will have the medal and also I could take the receipt from Active showing that we paid for the race...

I asked this on the facebook page:
Since the announcement of May the Fourth for Limited Time Magic at DHS, if the Star Wars fireworks are at midnight (hoping, fingers crossed) do you think that If I finish the EEC, grab my medal, hop on my car, go to DHS for the fw...will they let us get back inside AK for the after-party?? I will have the medal and also I could take the receipt from Active showing that we paid for the race...

Is that how late HS is open? I imagine that they would. You could ask at the expo, there should be a runner's relations booth.

Is that how late HS is open? I imagine that they would. You could ask at the expo, there should be a runner's relations booth.

Yeah, DHS is open from 9am to midnight...it's my first year running this race, they give you a wristband for the party right?

Yeah, DHS is open from 9am to midnight...it's my first year running this race, they give you a wristband for the party right?

I don't think so. Last year the finish line was where the party started. I would think that there would be some sort of re-entry procedure in place though.

corral placements are up: http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/everest/13CorralAssignmentsEverest.pdf

This is from the final instructions:
Your entry fee for Expedition Everest Challenge includes entry into
the Post-Race Party and your Post-Race Party wristband will be
in your packet. If you pre-purchased additional Post-Race Party
Tickets, they can also be picked up at Packet Pick-Up. A limited
number of Party Tickets may be available for purchase at Packet
Pick-Up. Availability of the Party Ticket is not guaranteed. Please
bring your Photo ID and your receipt.

Does anyone know how the corrals work? Are they by pace or by gender/team? My DBF and I are running (registered at the same pace) and I am in B and he is in C. I'm ok with starting back, but if the corrals are by pace, then he should be able to move up.

Does anyone know how the corrals work? Are they by pace or by gender/team? My DBF and I are running (registered at the same pace) and I am in B and he is in C. I'm ok with starting back, but if the corrals are by pace, then he should be able to move up.

I heard last year it was based on team type. Guys in one corral, women in one, different team mixes (male, female, coed) in different corrals. My DH registered at the same time with same pace as I did (and I registered my son and myself as a coed team) and he's in B and I'm in C. Since they asked for estimated paces, pace must have been part of it but the team or individual makeup must have been factored in too.

OK, I guess that means I don't know either! :confused3

Not sure how much help I will be either with corrals, but I will try to summarize what I recall from last year and from looking at last year's results. I believe last year the first two corrals were individuals, and perhaps male teams as well.

In reviewing bib numbers from last year, both male and female individuals had bib numbers ranging between 1 and 900 or so. Male teams had bibs ranging from about 900-1100. Coed teams had bibs ranging from about 1100-2300, and female teams had bibs ranging from about 2300-3000. These aren't exact, but pretty close.

I don't recall exactly how corrals broke down, but my recollection is that my wife and I were in the second coed team wave, and I believe we were in corral D, with a team/bib number in the lower 1400s.

Not sure how that translates to this year, however, as we are again registered as a coed team, but we received different, consecutive bib numbers in the lower 200s, rather than one team bib number. We pre-registered, but didn't put down too fast a time, so I am not sure how they assign them.

SuperHappyFunTimes, I have an extra After Party Ticket, I believe it was bought before March 21st. If you'd like to buy it so your husband can attend the after party let me know. I think the final price is about $55 after taxes.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think his legs will hold up to an afterparty after a full day at Epcot so we're just cancelling his whole participation in the race and the afterparty. We thought it was just achilles tendonitis, but now they're thinking rheumatoid arthritis, so we need to be extra careful about it until he gets it under control. :(

I didn't get an email with a link for the iGift bag. Anyone else not get an email? Any good offers in the iGift bag?

I saw the announcement for May the Fourth today and I was sooo disappointed that the one cool Limited Time Magic event that's actually happening while I'm at WDW is on the same day as EEC.

I can't believe that there's less than a week left before I leave for WDW. Where did the time go? I'm a little worried about the race because this week all my runs have been awful. Despite all my efforts at rolling and stretching, my legs feel painfully tight while I'm running. I'm hoping that it's just because I've been sick and that once I shake off the rest of this stupid cold my running will get back to normal. But regardless, I'm looking forward to vacation!!! :cool1:

Just looked up DH and my bib numbers and we're in the last corral. Assuming we're there based on selecting the slowest start time. The bummer was my time is much better now than when I initially registered :(

Just looked up DH and my bib numbers and we're in the last corral. Assuming we're there based on selecting the slowest start time. The bummer was my time is much better now than when I initially registered :(
My DH and I are in the last corral as well. I was bummed at first but then remembered we are going to Disney and doing our first rundisney event. We will have fun no matter on when we start. If we come in dead last so be it. Its better than not even trying. Plus getting to party until the wee hours riding everest after dark is a dream come true!

I am just hoping the next few days go by fast so we can officially be on vacation! So excited.:cheer2:

tifaas said:
My DH and I are in the last corral as well. I was bummed at first but then remembered we are going to Disney and doing our first rundisney event. We will have fun no matter on when we start. If we come in dead last so be it. Its better than not even trying. Plus getting to party until the wee hours riding everest after dark is a dream come true!

I am just hoping the next few days go by fast so we can officially be on vacation! So excited.:cheer2:

That's us too :) this is our first RD event do finishing is all that matters. We may be slow but have plans to finish and then have fun at the after party.

I have a question about the igift bag. Is it something we receive at packet pickup or is it something we obtain through online? I have not found any links for the igift bag if it is something we received from Run Disney. This is also my first Disney run event. I am also in the back of the pack in the next to last corral. This is where I belong though, I don't want to get in the way of all the Lightning McQueen out there.

I found it. I had accidentally deleted the email I received last week with the link to the gift bag

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter