The *OFFICIAL JUNE 2011 THREAD* "Some Like it Hot" & Some Like it Even Hotter! Part 2

I did my photobook on Winkflash this weekend. Can't wait to get it! There were just a few Photopass pics I would have liked to use, so I considered doing the book on Photopass, but I had a lot of trouble uploading my own photos and working with their setup. I have done it one other time, but this time wasn't working.

Then, Winkflash extended their flat rate book sale to Monday, so that sealed it. Extra pages were free, so I did a 58 page book for $25. Since the book was so inexpensive, compared to what it would have been on Photopass, I decided to buy a download of one photo from Photopass so I could have a good pic for the last page.

On another note, I found out a Facebook friend is going for the first time this Tuesday-Sunday. Tuesday and Sunday are at least partly travel days- they have 4 day park hoppers with water parks, and plan to go to Universal one day! She asked for advice so I wrote a message with some tips. They are going to be busy using up those tickets!

DH told me to start looking into going back in October or November of this year:scared1:. Kind of wish he would have said something while we were there so we could have used the bounceback offer. I doubt we will be able to afford it unless DH makes a really good bonus. So looks like we may be going back sooner than we thought. I was really leaning toward trying to go out to Disneyland next year to see the new Carsland. We shall see I guess.

We are back after 10 fun-filled nights in Walt Disney World. Sadly we still did NOT do and see all that we wanted in that time though we tried our best.

I'll work on getting photos and a trip report started very soon. Things are just crazy with work and other stuff at home that I'm just trying to keep my head above water.

Quick thoughts:

AutoTrain was AWESOME! We really enjoyed it...so much that when we arrived in Florida the next morning my DH wanted to try to book the train back immediately. We did not...but we will definitely go that route for travel in the future!

June was HOT...and extremely unseasonably dry. I know I shouldn't complain but an afternoon thunderstorm would have been nice...if only to cool us off and maybe thin some of the crowds. The TWO showers we did get were on Thursday and Friday evening...and both ruined plans that I had for those nights including our Fantasmic! Dinner Package show!

Harry Potter stuff at Universal was nice. Still after a few days at Universal I could not wait to get to the Disney parks. There are just so many things we do NOT like about those parks, but the rides were fun and the kids did enjoy them. :) :)

Bay Lake Tower was AWESOME! I think we got one of the best rooms we could have had for a Lakeview room. We could see the castle and Space Mountain from our balcony and I spent many evenings on the balcony watching fireworks. We also watched from the Top of the World Lounge which was nice. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

The construction at Fantasyland was just something to see. I can't wait to go back and see the new stuff! :) :)

Would I ever attempt June again? I'm not so sure. Perhaps if we hadn't had the Universal Parks the 10 nights would have been enough. Also there were a few days we park hopped that might have been better if we had just stayed in one park instead. I'm still trying to get a feel for what we could have done better. Yes we did see some of the must-do things on my list, even some first-time things but there were other things (like the new Star Tours) that we did not get to do at all. :sad2: :sad2:

We got back yesterday evening and had a BLAST ! ! !

I dedicate this to all Dis-boarders who contributed thru posts and threads that helped us plan our week at Disney.

Not sure if we will have a blow-by-blow TR but here it is in a nut shell (just for Chip & Dale)

All of my fears never came to the forefront (travel delays/bad ADR meals/poor QS food/Deluxe Resort accomodations/Crowded buses all the time etc). As I am sure others have pointed out it was very hot. If your family can survive Disney in that heat with the crowds, your family can survive a lot. We planned well and drank plenty of bottles of Dasani (sponsored in part by the DDxP). DS 9 and DD 7 were quite able to traverse the ~many miles we did everyday.

We did rope drop at the MK twice which was great - in fact the first RD we had Astro Orbiter all to ourselves for the days' inaugural ride. The lites went on smack in the middle of our first ride on Space Mtn the first nite we were there so I got the behind the scenes look of it.

Did I tell you it was hot?

All of our ADR's were great:

Chef Mickeys
Kouzinna
Flying Fish
Calif Grill
The Wave
Cinderellas Royal Table

Did I tell you the wind chill one day made it to 108!

Resort: Contemporary
7th Floor MK View

The room was quite spacious for us and except for one nite, we watch the fireworks from our balcony. Contempo Cafe had good food...Chef Mickeys breakfast buffet was like none other we ever had (Ate 3 plate fulls-:rolleyes1). Every morning when I went to retreive the paper I could smell the Mickey Waffles

We did all of the parks accept Animal Kingdom as we ran out of time and spunk. The smart phone apps (Lines & UC Tourist) really do help your plans. UC also helped us find places for lunch as we had really only done our home work on the Mk and needed some navigation for Epcot and DHS.

My kids got pix with almost all of the characters...their handlers were very nice and helpful in telling us how long and where others may be hanging around. DD bought a Stich stuffed animal and got the Stich character to hold while taking their picture...there was only one problem, Stich wouldnt give back little stich :)

The Monorail and buses were very dependable and timely. We ate over at the boardwalk 3 times and had to walk from CR to the Bus terminal @ MK and were never late for ADR's. I think the longest we waited for a bus was 10-15 mins.

All in all the trip was great and as a parent I felt like a kid again. We had tremendous experience with all the Cast Members and everyone was extremely helpful and patient. So much so I want to see what a short trip this coming xmas holiday would cost.

<I wont go into the rude corporate retreat that rode the Magic Express back to MCO with us...hey people from the *** Company, if you didnt want to go to the conference complain about it when you get back to work, not in front of my family . Be THANKFUL you have a job in this wretched economy and one that has DISNEY as a fringe benefit you selfish Ding-Dongs! ! ! ! /rant over - PM me if you want the name of the company as I could FLAME them for hours but it would be a waste>

Again thanks for letting me lurk here for months until I actually started to post.

/GG

We got back Sat. night and had an awesome time! We went to all 4 parks, 2 water parks and Disney Quest!

Only day that seemed really crowded and hot was Thurs - our DHS day. But did get to ride TSM - fun ride!

Really we did get to do everything we wanted. Rode EE 4 times - kids rode it 6 times:lmao: Rode R&R for the first time :scared1:. DS and DH found 2 paintbrushes at Tom Sawyer Island:woohoo: DH gave one away to another family - but we turned ours in and got 4 fastpasses for Splash and 4 for BTMRR!

A quick food related tip - at AK and the water parks they have something called Picnic in the Park. At AK it is inside a store and you don't have to order it ahead of time. The price is based on how many people you have. The 4 of us got by with a picnic for 3 for $27- which included 3 large sandwiches, 3 sides, 3 desserts and 3 bottles of water. It was priced at $32 for 4 people. Really a good deal and the sandwiches were good! They have the same thing at the water parks. We did this at Blizzard Beach and you have to order ahead of time. Prices were higher though:confused3. It was $32 for 3 people.
Oh and you get a nice reusable cloth bag.

Hope everyone else had fun - it was hot but I'm glad it didn't rain much.

Hello Everyone! Just got home a few hours ago. Had another wonderful Disney vacation. Was disappointed I didn't see any fellow June travelers. So just a quick rundown on our week.

This was our first stay a Wilderness Lodge - We booked standard view. Our CM was pleasant, didn't say much though, processed our paperwork and gave us our room and booklet. We got to the room (2517), and it turns out she upgraded us to a courtyard bunkbed room!!! :cool1: We were right near the pool. The room and its location was fantastic - no elevators needed - easy access to the pool and buses. Just Perfect!!

Ok, so we are AKL people, and always here people on the boards comparing the two resortsm which is why we decided to finally try for ourselves. So, here goes my now informed opinion;

1. I wandered around the lobby at WL. There are neat staircases to take you all the way to the 6th floor - and on each level there are nooks with fireplaces and couches and tables and rocking chairs. There are several outdoor balconies, both front and back with beautiful views.

2. We spent a little time at the Territory Lounge and had excellent service. The bartenders - both here and at the pool bar - are exceptionally nice and friendly. We had really nice conversations with them. One bartender was actually going on his vacation to NYC during our trip, and we gave him some advice, and when he got back he told us all about his trip, and was able to use some of our tips!:cool1:

3. Roaring Forks food court was just so-so at best. Very limited offerings, both for breakfast and lunch/dinner. There seemed to even be much less in the refridgerated pre-made section. I know this is a DVC, but so is AKL and Mara has triple the offerings of pre-made and cooked selections.

4. The pool area was very pretty, but very small. It was really crowded in the pool everytime. I'm not sure if this is reality or not, but it seemed to me that there were many more children here than at AKL.:scared1: It was so loud and crowded at the pool. Not enough lounge chairs, and there was no shade, other than a few umbrellas they put up. Even the hot tubs were out in the open. (why are they right next to eachother?) Anyone who has stayed at AKL will understand when I say how relaxing the pool area is there. Their lounge chairs are so spread out, there are plenty of shade trees, and even the hot tubs are secluded. I did absolutely love, love, love, the beach! My DH and I even fell asleep on lounge chairs one day. And at night they showed movies on the beach, and we watched the electric water parade and roasted marshmellows at the fire, which was really nice.

5. Now for the real deal breaker for us; The buses! I was so surprised, as most people on the Boards always slam AKL buses for how far removed the resort is from the parks - but I must say that other than MK and Epot, every trip was long!! And we had to share with Grand Floridian and /or Fort Wilderness on every single trip!!!:sad2::mad: So even for Epcot, the trip took a long time. At least at AKL, you get on the bus and go right to the park. I really felt like we wasted so much time traveling this trip, which is funny, because I really never even notice the buses, and always find it strange how many people complain about Disney transportation. Even the bus stop at WL wasn't as nice as at AKL. There is only one covered spot with two benches, which was always crowded, with the heat and the rain. The boat to MK was very nice and beautiful.

Overall, we had a wonderful time, but I think we will go back to AKL next time. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! Jane

All that planning and to think it's over just like that:sad1: We had a great time and we loved staying at POP! It was hot and croweded but I think over all we really lucked out.

Monday, the 20th, we got to Disney itself around 11am. We were able to check in and our room was ready so we unpacked, ate lunch at POP and off to MK we went. We stayed that night for the Wishes and fireworks, which was great because our second day there it was raining that night so we are very happy we did it that first night.

Tuesday we went to DHS and I have to say this is my least favorite park. We did get on TSM 3 times as we were there for RD and got on it with only a 10 min wait , then got FP for later that afternoon and got back in line for a 20 min wait to ride it again. It was really hot on the 21st and the kids were melting down by 4pm so before we had a complete meltdown we headed back to the POP and went swimming, and then to Downtown Disney for dinner.

Wednesday was AK and again we really lucked out. We were able to get on everything we wanted twice with very little wait time.

Thursday was Epcot again it was hot but not too bad for us. Had a great time there and spent a lot of time in the Seas as my kids loved the Dolphins. We even got to see Micky scuba dive in the tanks, but of course my camera batteries had to die then. Oh well.

Friday we went back to MK and we walked right on Pirates, BTMRR and a few others. My kids were even able to stay on the one ride for a second time because no one was waiting. That night we had rain but headed over to Downtown Disney.

So that was our trip in a nut shell. I'm sad it's over and I can't wait to start planning our next one. We are thinking 2013. Probably around the same time in June again. I don't know if I can wait that long but I guess I will have to.

I think our only complaint would be the amount of people we noticed who would cut the lines for the characters. We noticed this a lot. One parent with one or two kids then as soon as they would get to the character suddenly the other parent or group would show up and then there would be 5 to 10 more people in line. Never noticed it that bad before.

Only 2 days left...sniff sniff...The first half of our 10 day trip was perfect. Very little rain and manageable crowds. 2nd half has been rainier and lots more people (especially thosr blasted tour groups!!!). BUT, utilizing rope drop (or a few minutes past, since we have yet to make actual RD), and fast pass we have gotten on every ride (many multiple times) and have seen most shows. Add some wonderful ADRs and great meet ups with family, I've had a wonderful trip. Tomorrow brings us to Pirate's League and a MK day. Saturday is up in the air. We definitely need to hit EPCOT for Spaceship Earth for poor Sophie. She was bent over looking for a seatbelt when the picture was taken :rotfl:. Maybe we'll do RD at DHS for TSM and R&RC and then head to EPCOT. Hopefully the rain holds out so we can swim. We've only gone once this entire trip!!!

We got back Sunday June 26th. We had a great trip! Haven't really had time to get back here since due to laundry and Bible school this week! I am thinking I might actually write a trip report this time....

We got back a few days ago! Man, it was hot! I couldn't believe the temp and humidity as we got onto the magical express bus at 11pm!

Quick trip report (we are vegan, so that might make the food bits make sense! Also my son (9) is Owen (O) and daughter (6) is Xiao Miao (XM)):

We got to POFQ at 11:30pm. There was a huge gaggle of Brazilian teens staying there, and the pool was totally packed. Luckily our room was at the opposite end of the resort from them. It was really beautiful and peaceful, and there were squirrels and bunnies and lizards and ducks to entertain us.

The chef at the counter service restaurant made us vegan gluten free Mickey waffles for breakfast. :lovestruc

We went to the Magic Kingdom and were there for the opening ceremonies (which made me cry. As did the announcement on the bus as we arrived at MK). I have to say my months of planning paid off, as we rocked the lines and fastpasses and rides. The kids had a lot of fun, though the heat was really tough for us. We rode Dumbo, got PP FP (with added surprise Philharmagic FP), rode he carousel, Tea Party, Speedway, Buzz (5 minute wait!), People mover, got SM FP, did Monster's Inc, had lunch at Cosmic Rays, then got a Pooh FP, rode PP and Small World and Philharmagic, then rode Pooh and headed to Space Mt. Owen was scared but wanted to try Space Mountain. He HATED it, and was really fragile the rest of the day. :guilty: I rode it next (we did rider swap) and XM had a fit that I was going on a ride by myself. :rolleyes: Space Mountain was awesome. :thumbsup2

We went back to the hotel for the afternoon, and I told them we could swim after we rested. Owen slept for 1.5 hours, so we had no time to swim! Bummer. He had a headache, we went to dinner at Kona (the waiter was friendly but acted like he knew everything and understood being vegan (and then offered us bread with honey butter) and we got some tasty food but he wouldn't let me talk to the chef because it wasn't a life threatening allergy. I could have pressed it, but didn't. We had a big plate of noodles with tofu, which was really tasty. Owen wanted to go back to the park even though he had a headache (I'd given him some ibuprofen), and it finally went away. XM hated Pirates of the Caribbean. *sigh* We rode Jungle Cruise (had a FP, even though the line was 25 minutes we walked right on), and Magic Carpets. We hung around for the fireworks, but there was some heat lightning nearby and it was freaking XM out. Good times. Finally collapsed in bed around 11:30pm.

Up early to go to Epcot. Got Soarin' FP, rode Land (which my kids loved), Nemo, Turtle Talk, etc. The dolphins were playing with each other, it was so cute! Rode Soarin, ate at Sunshine Seasons, got TT FP, did Mexico to Germany, cam back and rode TT (O loved it), and Sum of all Thrills. We wanted to get back early so we left around 4:30pm and went back. Kids got to rest and swim, until it started to rain and thunder. It was good to have an early night in.

Got up extra early for extra morning hours at Epcot. Did loads (TT 2x, got Soarin FP, Spaceship Earth, and in line for character spot at 9am). Did a Kim Possible mission-that was fun. Decided to ask at the UK sit down restaurant about getting a table and about vegan food (none on the menu). She talked to chef, said it was cool, and we ate outside (in shade but still hot!) and got a plate of veggies that were surprisingly tasty and well prepared, and even the kids ate it!!! We walked the kids until they were ready to drop, then went to Downtown Disney (not a smart move). Went to Babycakes vegan bakery, and then to lego store. Everyone crabby and tired and in pain. The heavens opened and it poured, and we were stuck in the World of Disney store for a half an hour until we decided to make a run for it. We went to take the boat back to our resort, and the boat guy was like, are you crazy? The boat was soaked. But we were really far from the bus. So we put ponchos on the kids and took a wet ride home. They kids were troopers.

Early next day for 8:10 breakfast at Crystal Palace. Had breakfast with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet. Chef again made us some nice food. Rode what we hadn't ridden yet. Took kids on Big Thunder Mt Railroad. O sorta liked it, but not enough to go on again. XM hated it and yelled "STOP THE TRAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" the entire time. Rode Splash Mt. which I thought they'd like but they didn't. They wanted to go to Tom Sawyer Island, but it didn't open for 30 minutes. O insisted we do Haunted Mansion, which we thought in their now fragile states they would hate, but they both loved it. Caught up on more rides they hadn't done, rode a few again, had a big yummy burrito at Tortuga Tavern, went back to swim and it started raining. Boo. Paid too much for arcade games instead. Came back and went to dinner (at The Wave, super nice waitress, great food, and they gave the kids their own bowl of Mickey shaped sprinkles for their toffuti ice cream). Gave kids a choice on last three rides they wanted to do, which they were in agreement on (a shock!!).

Decided next day not to go back to Magic Kingdom as planned, but go to Disney Hollywood Studios. Stayed up late researching it because OMG, I spent 6 months researching this trip and now we switched park!!! :rotfl: Dh got us Fastpasses for Toy Story Mania and I signed Owen up for the Jedi Training Academy. SO COOL. We rode Star Tours (XM hated it), wandered around doing other things (Muppets, HISTK playground, Backlot tour) and being hot and crabby to each other. Managed to get us some lunch, rode Toy Story (super fun!!!!!!! and the non fast pass line was 110 minutes long!!! we waited 10 minutes). Saw Ariel (what is it with Disney and shows that spray you and blow bubbles?), and the Animation Academy (so cool!). Dh and Owen rode Star Tours again, and Dh and I wanted to ride RNR. My kids were awesome, as they just hung out in the gift shop with whoever wasn't riding it and goofed off (we got FP earlier in the day). It was soooooooooooooooo fun!

Then we went to dinner at 1900 Park Fare simply because of Chef TJ's reputation. He didn't disappoint! We had an amazing salad, spring rolls with a sweet and spicy sauce, house made potato chips and a hummus with capers and roasted red peppers, sushi, a HUGE platter with veggies (all cooked differently) and tofu and a huge pile of crispy noodles on top. then he made a towering dessert of soy ice cream, vegan chocolate chip cookies, and fruit. SO GOOD. The Cinderella characters were hilarious, and Anastasia declared her love for Owen, made him waltz with her, and told everyone they were in love. CLASSIC.

We left the next day. :(

Well I'm finally getting back to my Junies and it's only July!

We had a great trip from June 10th to the 20th but it was HOT!!!! I was happy we had 10 days because we had to take a morning or 2 and an evening off because of the heat and busy schedule. I was curious to see if the heat continued past our exit date and I'm sorry to say that it did.

Some highlights of our trip:

#1 Star wars Weekends: this was the BOMB! and the cast and crew at Disney went all out this year. It was truly awesome to watch and experience. I'd like to give a huge thank you to all the volunteers from the 501st legion (Vader's Fist!) who marched in the parade sporting their wonderful costumes. That couldn't have been fun in the tremendous heat but those guys really looked great and just made that whole parade that much better! It's hard to find words to describe how awesome Hyperspace Hoopla was this year, it totally exceeded my expectations and Blew my mind!!!

#2 the pool at the Beach Club: It will be hard to go back to our little 18 foot round above ground pool, but we can always dream can't we?

#3 the deluxe dining plan: sure we had table service credits left over but we ate where and the way we wanted to and we had some really great dishes... AND we did use up all our left over snack credits (at the Karamell Küche!)
Dining highlights included Le Cellier, Captains Grille in the Yacht Club, 50's Prime Time Cafe, O'Hana and Norway's Akershus where we met the Too Many Cars family!! :woohoo:

#4 Having a short, 5 min walk to Epcot and a quick 15 minute boat ride from Hollywood studios.

#5 Tower of Terror... still my favorite!

So there ya go. I've been back since the 20th but it's taken me this long to file a report what with all the home stuff that I have to do to get the summer started. I can't believe that it's 4th of July weekend already!

Where does the time go???

Time to start planning our next Disney adventure! :eek: :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Marlton Mom

We got back from our trip yesterday. Had a great time, only thing was the rain. 3 days we really got delayed by rain. Was dd and dgd's birthday and the most magical day was the day we went to HS. It is our least favorite park but this day pixie dust was all around. We got to ride TSM twice (first time ever). We got fast passes to Star Tours, my dgd got to be the person who says "Welcome to the show" for Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and we ate dinner at Brown Derby got free appetizers and got VIP passes for Fantasmic! Could not have been a better day. First time we saw Fantasmic also. It was awesome!!
Already planning next year's trip. Can't wait.

We are home, been home since Monday.... It's been crazy busy since we got home but I will update the Trp-Report and Photo Safari soon :goodvibes

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!!

Arrival Day: Thursday 6/23/11

Went straight to DTD and headed for Earl of Sandwich because we were all starving! EOS did not disappoint….yummy! Got to OKW at 3:00 room was ready…Bill at Check-in was so sweet…gave DD two balloon animals and even tried with no luck to get us a room closer to the HH, but now looking back I am glad he was unable to because I loved our location of Old Turtle Pond. We were in building 38 in a second floor one bedroom unit. The room was immaculate upon arrival and housekeeping was great! Our view was not too bad, very private as we were in a corner unit so our balcony is sort of secluded from the others around us. We were on the golf course and there was a pond to our right which was also in our view. Of course there were also huge bamboo right in front of us, but I don’t mind because I love bamboo! The only bummer about this room is the road noise :( when you sit out on the balcony it can get rather loud and you can even here it from the bedroom at times. No room noise from our neighbors other than the occasional toilet flush which we have heard at other DVC resorts, SSR and BCV. Really liked unwinding and swimming in the Turtle Pond Pool and the snack shack is a bonus!

015.jpg

Just got home at 2:00 am from a great time at Disney. We had lots of fun!

On arrival day we got to kidani around 9:30 am. We got a room right off of the lobby. It was a great room location. That was our first sprinkle of pixie dust. Had dinner at Cape May Cafe. Everyone enjoyed it.

Hollywood Studios the next day. Got to do ALL our favorites in a short time period. Had lunch at Mama Melrose. That was good too. The waitress also gave us passes for Fantasmic! We were not planning on going that night but it worked out. First round of pouring rain. Ran into one of my students from school. (first run in)

Next pixie dust, got sent to the front of the fast pass line for TSM. Not sure why still, but it was very nice.

Ohana for dinner that night. Was ok. Not as good as it has been in the past. Saw teacher mommy's kids in the luau dancing, but by the time a got my DD settled at the table to go back to say hello, she was gone! :(

Next morning went to Akershus to meet the princesses. My DD was in heaven. Saw Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, and Belle. It was the best to see DD meet Belle in person.DD wore her Belle dress. The pictures were so cute and we got extra pictures of DD with Belle for free. Another round of pixie dust.

Had a great day at Epcot. Went to Le Cellier for lunch. It was so good last year, but our waitress was really bad and it took almost 2 hours to eat. Food was good, but not as great as I remember from previous years.

Animal kingdom the next day was great. There were not a lot of people and we did everything we wanted to except, EE because my almost 5 year old got scared at the last minute. The rest of the afternoon we just relaxed, went to DTD and played in the pool. At night, DH and I got to go to MK for EMH. Lots of fun. Saw castle show.. Great!

The next day was EMH at MK. We got all of Fantasyland done by 9 and we did't even go until 8:20. It was great! We did more rides and the headed for lunch t Crystal Palace which was great. The kids loved it this year. Started pouring on the way out of MK. Afternoon was tons of rain. Stayed at hotel until dinner time. Went to Boma. Great meal. As usual! Grand mom left on Magical Express.

Headed back to HS the next day. Went on all our favorites again. Had lunch at Sci-Fi. The kids had never been before. Was good and they had fun. When we came out it was pouring again and the stroller was soaked so we headed back to the hotel. Did Spirit of Aloha that night. Just ok. The kids next to us were jumping on the stage during the meal, a girl went down to the poly beach and came back with wet sand all over her shoes and proceeded to flick it all over me and my food. When we got back to the hotel we did a print out of how many meals we had left and found that they charged us for our DD at SOA. Concierge fixed it, but when I told her that the meal wasn't very good, she gave us all the meal credits back, not just my 2 year old. She said it was the least they could do. We will not being doing SOA again. It's not bad, but we would rather have the park time.

Checked out of Kidani the next day. Checked in to CR and ate at Chef Mickey's...so much fun. The characters were great this year and we were brought a cupcake as the first family and Goofy danced by our table. Went to MK. Had great luck again with rides. At night, Went to Epcot again with more rain, but it cleared up before Illuminations. No one was there. We road every ride with less than a 15 minute wait even for Mission Space and Test Track.
Another great night.

Next day did 1900 park Fare for breakfast...nice but took a long time. Went to Disney Quest. Never had gone before. Was fun for my DS and my DH. Had dinner with Cinderella for our last meal. Watched wishes from the CR, saw Light Parade then headed to bed. Great trip.

Oh...while we were there I saw, student from school, a teacher a used to work with on the monorail, saw a student my husband used to teach working in Epcot on the college program, saw 2 DISer and talked (but not from the June group) and saw TeacherMommy's kids at Ohana recognized Sophie from pictures.

We already talked at length about a trip for next June. I can't wait to focus on planning another trip. My neighbors also want to go in the fall. We will see if that is possible, would love to go again.

It rained a lot but the temps were not higher than 91 and some nights the pool was even cold to me with the wind blowing. Thanks for passing the time with me, Junies. Can't. Wait to hear more about trips.

Just got home at 2:00 am from a great time at Disney. We had lots of fun!

It rained a lot but the temps were not higher than 91 and some nights the pool was even cold to me with the wind blowing. Thanks for passing the time with me, Junies. Can't. Wait to hear more about trips.

Hi anjalee! I agree about the rain cooling things off...we were at Epcot for evening EMH and DD and I had light jackets on because we were chilly :)

Oh...while we were there I saw, student from school, a teacher a used to work with on the monorail, saw a student my husband used to teach working in Epcot on the college program, saw 2 DISer and talked (but not from the June group) and saw TeacherMommy's kids at Ohana recognized Sophie from pictures.

We already talked at length about a trip for next June. I can't wait to focus on planning another trip.

I can't believe we missed you!!! I forgot to get a LGMH for my bag. We did have some Dis pixie dust, though!!! Our kids were always admiring a room as we passed to go to our room (5-6 doors down). The window was filled with rapunzel stuff and a cute snow white dress. Well, one night, I see a LGMH with "altoqueenkelly" on it! I wrote her a note and slid it under her door. We put the kids to bed (MIL had connecting room) and Scott and I headed out to MK. When we got home, there was a gigantic gift bag with a bunch of travel goodies (sunscreen, princess pens-Sophie went bonkers, mini fans, water bottles, baggies, snacks, wipes, etc.). I didn't get a picture of it and didn't even think of it until after I unpacked it last night. Turns out she was heading out that morning. I was so sad that I didn't see the LGMH until that day. :headache: thanks for the pixie dust!!!! :flower3::goodvibes

I can't wait to start my TR! We left this morning. We are still in FL. We hope to get to nashville tonight. We have another trip planned for June 23, 2014. It's 3 years away. I was hoping for 2 years, but it's just not feasible with our jobs. We are going to have the kids start asking for a few gift cards for each bday and christmas (instead of just the year before). We are also considering not doing dining plan. We do love the ease and freedom, but we felt the choices were not always for us. We are going to tally up cost and load gift cards with the amount the dining plan would have cost us, making sure we have enough for 1TS, I QS, and 1 snack a day. If it doesn't work out to be a savings, of course we'll do the DP again. I got pretty sick of the dry little carrot cakes in the QS meals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter