****The Official June 2015 thread!!! We're finally going to WDW***

Avery&Todd

DIS Veteran
:welcome:

I looked and searched, :surfweb: and I couldn't find a "Thank goodness we're going to WDW in June 2015" thread so I decided to start one!! :cool1:

Don't you want to join me on the very long wait (of over a YEAR!!) :headache: until we're back to the greatest place on earth???!!!

party: :jumping1:

I was REALLY, REALLY hoping, and wanting and wishing to go THIS June...but alas, the stars did not align up and we are not going - but I told DH that it was NOT up for discussion and that we ARE going next June..(don't feel too bad for me b/c DH and I had a fabulous kid-free trip to Puerto Rico that he won at work!!)

Most likely we'll go June 6, 2015 for 6 nights at the Boardwalk...

and I have a spreadsheet with the ADRs that we'll most likely have..

and we'll be on the DxDP

and we'll be flying on SW...arriving by 10ish-am on the 6th and flying out mid-afternoon on the 12th..

NOT that I'm obsessing about this trip or anything...that's over a year away....:rolleyes1

and a trip that I'm not allowed to mention in front of the DH b/c he refuses to talk about what he wants to eat 384 days from now....:confused3

whatever...:rolleyes2

but I know there are some planning obsessive folks here who understand me and I say that with all the love in my heart....:love:...because I'm right there with you!!

So, won't you join me in the longest wait....ever??? :rotfl:

I'll join you for the long wait! We will start our trip on the 30th or 31st of May but the majority will be June.
Driving in and staying at the ASMo..with 3 small kids I refuse to move up in $ until they make me. Which will be the next trip because of the baby's age.
Unsure of the DP yet will be obsessively debating and calculating that until it is time to book.

I'll join you for the long wait! We will start our trip on the 30th or 31st of May but the majority will be June.
Driving in and staying at the ASMo..with 3 small kids I refuse to move up in $ until they make me. Which will be the next trip because of the baby's age.
Unsure of the DP yet will be obsessively debating and calculating that until it is time to book.

WELCOME!! and since you're first on board you have your choice of seats!!

:welcome:

I do believe I shall join you! DH and I decided to try to hit up a Star Wars Weekend next June! Dates TBD, but we'll stay at our home resort AKV! :cool1:

Starting our trip in may and ending around June 4th! So I guess we will join too. I told myself no more Disney after April through august mostly due to heat but it is the one special event that we have not been to yet!

Starting our trip in may and ending around June 4th! So I guess we will join too. I told myself no more Disney after April through august mostly due to heat but it is the one special event that we have not been to yet!

:welcome:WELCOME!! WELCOME!!! :welcome:

I guess I only have another 3 weeks before my "less than a year" countdown begins!!

It's exciting but when I think about what has to happen between now and then, I realize it's really a long time...

you know, everyone in our family has to have another birthday (including me..:rolleyes1) and the holidays between now and then...

and when we go next year, I'll have to say that I have "2 teenagers" :faint:..a 13 yr old son and a 15 yr old son...:headache:

As you can see by my signature, this will be our 4th trip....the last trip the boys were fighting like cats and dogs and at one point my DH said he was ready to leave and wasn't coming back until they were much older...

YIKES...:scared1: I'm hoping they'll be better this time...or I just won't bring them back and DH and I can go kid-free - which sounds just lovely to me!!

:laughing:

Do you guys drive or fly to WDW? The first 2 years we drove - we stop just on the other side of Jacksonville and it was "fine" - DH has to drive b/c he gets car sick but this last time we decided to fly at the last minute and we LOVED the DME!! LOVED that we dropped off our bags and got them later at the hotel! DH LOVED that he didn't have to drive but it was $1k for the 4 of us to fly on SW...and it was worth it to me and certainly to DH but I'm always looking to cut costs and I mentioned maybe driving again this year and DH said "No way Jose'"!! oh well...

and he won't give up the DxDP - and our boys are really good eaters and will try just about anything and I love being able to go a restaurant and tell them to order whatever they want..and you know boys at that age will eat and eat and eat...so there isn't a whole lot of wasted food!!

and we like the Epcot hotels b/c we do A LOT of dinners in Epcot, and its so easy to just walk over there!

well, that's a lot of babbling from me...

I just can't keep under wraps all the Disney excitement I have bubbling inside me!!

We drive but we can make it in about 9 hours with some stops. So we drive in and check right in the room to be ready the next morning.
We are pretty close so the heat doesn't scare me we will be in it either way but I have no idea what to expect from the crowds. Until this trip we had no school age kids and went late September.

We drive when we have the kids cause 5 flights from Chicago or Indy is $$$!! It's like 19 hours to drive and we go straight thru. I drive the first half while DH sleeps and he drives the second half while I sleep. But this Dec when we take our first WDW adults only trip, we are flying! We will probably fly for our June trip too cause it will be a special trip for just DH, DS, and I.

:welcome:WELCOME!! WELCOME!!! :welcome:

I guess I only have another 3 weeks before my "less than a year" countdown begins!!

It's exciting but when I think about what has to happen between now and then, I realize it's really a long time...

you know, everyone in our family has to have another birthday (including me..:rolleyes1) and the holidays between now and then...

and when we go next year, I'll have to say that I have "2 teenagers" :faint:..a 13 yr old son and a 15 yr old son...:headache:

As you can see by my signature, this will be our 4th trip....the last trip the boys were fighting like cats and dogs and at one point my DH said he was ready to leave and wasn't coming back until they were much older...

YIKES...:scared1: I'm hoping they'll be better this time...or I just won't bring them back and DH and I can go kid-free - which sounds just lovely to me!!

:laughing:

Do you guys drive or fly to WDW? The first 2 years we drove - we stop just on the other side of Jacksonville and it was "fine" - DH has to drive b/c he gets car sick but this last time we decided to fly at the last minute and we LOVED the DME!! LOVED that we dropped off our bags and got them later at the hotel! DH LOVED that he didn't have to drive but it was $1k for the 4 of us to fly on SW...and it was worth it to me and certainly to DH but I'm always looking to cut costs and I mentioned maybe driving again this year and DH said "No way Jose'"!! oh well...

and he won't give up the DxDP - and our boys are really good eaters and will try just about anything and I love being able to go a restaurant and tell them to order whatever they want..and you know boys at that age will eat and eat and eat...so there isn't a whole lot of wasted food!!

and we like the Epcot hotels b/c we do A LOT of dinners in Epcot, and its so easy to just walk over there!

well, that's a lot of babbling from me...

I just can't keep under wraps all the Disney excitement I have bubbling inside me!!

The time will go by so fast! I am pretty excited.
Already looking into information on this year for star wars next year:yay:
I am going to miss the cool weather we got on our last trip in November though. I think a kid free vacation is a wonderful idea. I have no spouse o I would have to do a solo trip since none of my friends are obsessed as me.

All my life we drove even as a kid with my parents because we live in Atlanta and I is only 8 hour but we flew one time and it only cost 70 dollars each way and iued DME and fell in love with the hour light and no driving. That is plan unless I am still here in south Georgia. I moved here almost 2 years ago and we are 30 minutes north of the Florida state line and in that case we drive.

never done the DXDP but I actually like the DP since it already has my food into my budget

We stayed in the yacht club this past september and you talking about love! The pool. the room, the shortest walk to a theme park ever, upgrade to lagoon view, and fireworks in your pajamas from you balcony!!:woohoo:That place was amazing but can never afford that on my own, I refuse to spend half a months rent n a nights stay. My parents help pay for that

You are ok! I can only show this much Disney excitement o here without looking tooo crazy!!!!!

We drive but we can make it in about 9 hours with some stops. So we drive in and check right in the room to be ready the next morning.

We drive when we have the kids cause 5 flights from Chicago or Indy is $$$!! It's like 19 hours to drive and we go straight thru. I drive the first half while DH sleeps and he drives the second half while I sleep. But this Dec when we take our first WDW adults only trip, we are flying! We will probably fly for our June trip too cause it will be a special trip for just DH, DS, and I.

All my life we drove even as a kid with my parents because we live in Atlanta and I is only 8 hour but we flew one time and it only cost 70 dollars each way and iued DME and fell in love with the hour light and no driving. That is plan unless I am still here in south Georgia. I moved here almost 2 years ago and we are 30 minutes north of the Florida state line and in that case we drive.

We are coming from the Raleigh, NC area so its only like a 9-10 hr drive, and it wasn't really bad when we drove - we did split it so the 2nd day we only had like a 2 hrs. BUT, since my DH can't be a passenger, and since he's ready to GO by the last day, he makes that a 1 day trip - and then he's just exhausted...blah,blah, blah...so we fly - easy peasy and we're all happy!!

never done the DXDP but I actually like the DP since it already has my food into my budget

We LOVE the DxDP - it is kinda pricey, but we don't do it just for the ton o' food - we do it for the breaks in the day!! our family is all about breakfast so we do enjoy a good breakfast to start off the day, sit down, get in a few cups of coffee before the mad dash starts..and then by 1pm, we're ready to take a break out of the sun and go sit somewhere in the a/c and have someone bring us drink after drink after drink - of something COLD!! Then since our boys (who are now almost 15 and 12) enjoy good dinners - we usually eat around Epcot. And since they don't need naps during the day or need to be in bed by a certain time, our days can go kinda long - like night-time swimming!!

We are pretty close so the heat doesn't scare me we will be in it either way but I have no idea what to expect from the crowds. Until this trip we had no school age kids and went late September.

Our NC heat/humidity is pretty similar to FLA so we're not as bad off as some - and we have found that the crowds in early June aren't so bad!! And last time we were there in 2012 the temps were really nice - like the mid 80's!! We did have more instant rain showers, but they were quick and seemed to really bring down the temperature..

Luckily our kids are already a custom to daily rain showers. We are near Mobile Al and you know it's summer when a quick thunderstorm pops up around 3 everyday!

We dont get rain showers that spontaneous around here, but I don't mind a little shower in WDW if it keeps the temperature down!!

I keep telling DH that I'm ready to move to FL whenever he's ready - but then he mentions the big bugs they have and I have to pause and ponder that...:eek:

I do mention that I could certainly retire there - and buy a big can of Raid!! :rotfl:

but I have like 15 years before I can retire....:rolleyes1

Hi. I am counting down to our June 2015 trip as well. This year is the first time in a 4 years that we are not going to Disney in June and I am having major withdrawals. I'm so ready to put down my deposit just so that I can really start planning. :cool1: Its so nice to know that other people are in the same boat. :)

So, those of you who've gone in in early June...is there a temp difference between say the first weekend in June and the 4th of July week? We've gone before and after the 4th before but never early June...is it still just hot, hot, hot?

Hi. I am counting down to our June 2015 trip as well. This year is the first time in a 4 years that we are not going to Disney in June and I am having major withdrawals. I'm so ready to put down my deposit just so that I can really start planning. :cool1: Its so nice to know that other people are in the same boat. :)

to make you feel a little better about your major withdrawals - I was REALLY thinking that we were going to go - no matter that my DH kept telling me over and over and over that this year was a "No Go"...

I even MADE ADRs 180 days out!! AND I had to make them day by day since I didn't even have a hotel reservation!!

I kept thinking that he would change his mind...he HAD to change his mind, right??...:sad2:

and then DH won an award at work - a trip to Puerto Rico!! Which meant I had to cancel my ADRs (I almost cried - I mean, I had snagged a BOG dinner reservation for our first night!!) b/c I knew that there was no way we could go to WDW mainly because I didn't have enough vacation time!! And even though the PR trip was "free" we still bought things there, and I had to board the dogs for a week at the vet, etc..AND I had already booked a week trip to a N.C. beach in late July and how reasonable was it to take 3 vacations in a matter of 4 months??? :rolleyes1

and I told DH that this year I was booking early - like as soon as packages come out in July/Aug...I'm booking it!! And then I'll just tell him that we can't cancel..because I don't know how to...:rolleyes1

you think he'll buy that??

So, those of you who've gone in in early June...is there a temp difference between say the first weekend in June and the 4th of July week? We've gone before and after the 4th before but never early June...is it still just hot, hot, hot?

We have only gone during the 2nd/3rd weeks of June - and never in July...

BUT, I can tell you that even during those 2 different weeks the temperatures were very different..

the first 2 years I thought we'd decided to vacation at the Sun it was so hot....:sick:..and my oldest didn't drink enough water and had "bathroom issues" - like the issues you get when you are dehydrated and can't make things "happen"..and you are just miserable b/c your belly hurts and you feel horrible..

and then the last time in 2012 we had so many afternoon sprinkles that the temperatures would end up very "cool" - like in the mid 80s as opposed to a heat/humidity index of a 100 or so! :eek: and since we learned a lesson from the previous trip, we had a case of water and Gatorade and everyone guzzled one every morning and then throughout the day and NO ONE had any issues...:cool1:

I'm hoping next summer being there the first week of June it will be cooler vs. the Sun temperatures...

to make you feel a little better about your major withdrawals - I was REALLY thinking that we were going to go - no matter that my DH kept telling me over and over and over that this year was a "No Go"...

I even MADE ADRs 180 days out!! AND I had to make them day by day since I didn't even have a hotel reservation!!

I kept thinking that he would change his mind...he HAD to change his mind, right??...:sad2:

and then DH won an award at work - a trip to Puerto Rico!! Which meant I had to cancel my ADRs (I almost cried - I mean, I had snagged a BOG dinner reservation for our first night!!) b/c I knew that there was no way we could go to WDW mainly because I didn't have enough vacation time!! And even though the PR trip was "free" we still bought things there, and I had to board the dogs for a week at the vet, etc..AND I had already booked a week trip to a N.C. beach in late July and how reasonable was it to take 3 vacations in a matter of 4 months??? :rolleyes1

and I told DH that this year I was booking early - like as soon as packages come out in July/Aug...I'm booking it!! And then I'll just tell him that we can't cancel..because I don't know how to...:rolleyes1

you think he'll buy that??

You crack me up! :lmao: And...you sound like me!!! I've talked DH into annual passes when we go this Nov/Dec...so of course since we already have them, a quick 4-5 day trip in June for SWW is no big deal right? And if I make the reservations, then canceling would be a pain and so once I've made the reservations (come on July!!) he will HAVE to go! LOL Not that he minds, since he has his Star Wars fetish to feed...:rotfl:

We have only gone during the 2nd/3rd weeks of June - and never in July...

BUT, I can tell you that even during those 2 different weeks the temperatures were very different..

the first 2 years I thought we'd decided to vacation at the Sun it was so hot....:sick:..and my oldest didn't drink enough water and had "bathroom issues" - like the issues you get when you are dehydrated and can't make things "happen"..and you are just miserable b/c your belly hurts and you feel horrible..

and then the last time in 2012 we had so many afternoon sprinkles that the temperatures would end up very "cool" - like in the mid 80s as opposed to a heat/humidity index of a 100 or so! :eek: and since we learned a lesson from the previous trip, we had a case of water and Gatorade and everyone guzzled one every morning and then throughout the day and NO ONE had any issues...:cool1:

I'm hoping next summer being there the first week of June it will be cooler vs. the Sun temperatures...

Well we are used to the hot, so I guess we can take it either way...but refreshing/cooling rains wouldn't be bad either! And I hear ya on the water...WDW is one of the only places I obstain from drinking pop as much as possible and stick to all water. Otherwise :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter