The Official NEWSIES Thread (poll closed)

Are you a Newsies fan?

• Yes

• No

• I've never seen this movie/ What are Newsies?

Results are only viewable after voting.
After reading this thread, I've been walking around singing songs from the movie. This morning I thought I would download the entire album on itunes, and they don't have it.:mad: I used to have it on tape, but I wore it out years ago. I guess I'll just have to order the CD and then figure out how to add it to the ipod.

I am a HUGE Newsies fan! I can't get enough of that movie, and I have the soundtrack on my iPod!

When I was younger, I had the biggest crush on Spot Conlon.

You're absolutely right. :thumbsup2 Gabriel Damon is a great actor. I think he, Christian Bale, Max Casella (Racetrack Higgins) and Marty Belafsky (Crutchy) were the best actors in the movie. It's a shame we don't see more of them nowadays.

Oh my goodness YES, I loved Crutchy and Racetrack too. You inspired me to go look up what they have been up to. I loved Max Casella, he was so great in Ed Wood. I never really watched the Sopranos so I didn't realize he was on that show! Apparently he was also in that recent George Clooney movie, Leatherheads. And Marty Belafsky, who played Crutchy, was in one of my favorite movies - A Mighty Wind. I own that DVD and have watched it several times and have never noticed him! I will have to go check it out.

*****Attention all Spot Conlon fans: *****

I found a great "Tribute to Spot Conlon" video on YouTube today. Check it out!! You'll hear the famous "On the grounds of Brooklyn" quote near the middle of the video. Enjoy!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK7U...f Gabriel Damon: http://www.gabrieldamon.com/​

After reading this thread, I've been walking around singing songs from the movie. This morning I thought I would download the entire album on itunes, and they don't have it.:mad: I used to have it on tape, but I wore it out years ago. I guess I'll just have to order the CD and then figure out how to add it to the ipod.

I've found myself humming the songs a lot, too. Too bad you can't download the album on itunes. I plan to buy the CD as a Christmas present for myself. :laughing: :santa:

I am a HUGE Newsies fan! I can't get enough of that movie, and I have the soundtrack on my iPod!

When I was younger, I had the biggest crush on Spot Conlon.

Nice to see another Newsies fan! :thumbsup2

I think I'm going to turn this thread into my own Newsies fan page. Just to make sure that everyone is clear on who's who, here's a list of the main Newsies:

The Newsies

Jack "Cowboy" Kelly

David Jacobs

Les Jacobs

Spot Conlon

Racetrack Higgins

Crutchy

Mush

Kid Blink

Boots

Snipeshooter

Specs

Skittery

Bumlets

Dutchy

Pie-eater

Itey

Snitch

Snoddy

Swifty

There are many other Newsies whose names I don't know-- the unsung heroes of this movie. Let's hear it for the entire Newsies cast!! :cheer2:

Oh my goodness YES, I loved Crutchy and Racetrack too. You inspired me to go look up what they have been up to. I loved Max Casella, he was so great in Ed Wood. I never really watched the Sopranos so I didn't realize he was on that show! Apparently he was also in that recent George Clooney movie, Leatherheads. And Marty Belafsky, who played Crutchy, was in one of my favorite movies - A Mighty Wind. I own that DVD and have watched it several times and have never noticed him! I will have to go check it out.

I love Crutchy and Racetrack, too!! When I first saw this movie in the 90s, I was already a big Max Casella fan (I adored him as "Vinnie" on Doogie Howser). I'm happy that you have a renewed interest in the the guys from the Newsies!

Woo thanks for posting this!
You're welcome!! :)

And a whole fansite with clips of Gabriel Damon: http://www.gabrieldamon.com/
Awesome!! Thanks for the link!! :thumbsup2

OK I spent WAY too much time on this website tonight :rotfl: :
www.newsiesfreak.com
Everything you could have ever possibly wanted to know about the movie...this girl even re-enacted the entire film with her friends at Disneyland :eek: The part where the guy playing Jack Kelly sings 'Santa Fe' on the carousel (instead of a real horse) is pretty funny :rotfl:

OK I spent WAY too much time on this website tonight :rotfl: :
www.newsiesfreak.com
Everything you could have ever possibly wanted to know about the movie...this girl even re-enacted the entire film with her friends at Disneyland :eek: The part where the guy playing Jack Kelly sings 'Santa Fe' on the carousel (instead of a real horse) is pretty funny :rotfl:

Oh my gosh I just watched that! I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time. :rotfl: :lmao: I LOVE the part on the carousel.

Definately love it! I'd actually never heard of it, until we just finished watching it in journalism and I'm obsessed. (Haha. Signature.) I actually put Newsies in the search, figuring I would see what everyone else thought, and come to find out the last post was yesterday! I'm listening to seize the day which I sang a couple years ago but never knew what it was from. I plan on getting the soundtrack sometime. I feel really out of the loop because all the girls are in love with Christian Bale in this movie, but I really liked David Moscow much better.

Philadisney- Thank you so much for the newsiesfreak.com site. That girl is one heck of a Newsies fan!! I got a chance to watch some of the videos last night before I went to bed. The Newsies parody at Disneyland was hilarious! I can't believe they actually did that. She and her friends are VERY brave! :worship: :laughing: I love the scene where the "Newsies" are buying their papers (um, I mean "papes") and the girl asks, "Do you take Visa?" :rotfl: The parody of the Santa Fe song was one of my favorites.

ctot216- I love the part where he rides the carousel, too. I also love "Jack's" dancing during the Santa Fe song. It's so funny to see the looks on people's faces as they pass by him. They probably thought that he was out of his mind! :rotfl:

Snow_White- I'm glad that you've got Newsies fever, too!! Welcome to the club! :thumbsup2 Please don't feel left out because of your preference for David. I know that there are a lot of David fans out there, so you're definitely not alone!

:cool1: Hey, you know what time it is? It's time for another Newsies tribute video! This is my favorite video so far. :cool1:

This video was made by the awesome Newsies fan from newsiesfreak.com​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS2yGkHzlEM&feature=related

Inspired by the "Who Said This" game on the Theme Park community board.....

Who said, "Dear me, what is that unpleasant aroma? I fear the sewer may have backed up during the night!"

I love Crutchy and Racetrack, too!! When I first saw this movie in the 90s, I was already a big Max Casella fan (I adored him as "Vinnie" on Doogie Howser). I'm happy that you have a renewed interest in the the guys from the Newsies!

My BFF in middle school actually knew Max Casella. Her grandparents were his neighbors. I was soooooo jealous of her :snooty: We were talking not too long ago about growing up and she reminded me about that! Now I am going to have to give her a call and tell her about this topic:goodvibes

My BFF in middle school actually knew Max Casella. Her grandparents were his neighbors. I was soooooo jealous of her :snooty: We were talking not too long ago about growing up and she reminded me about that! Now I am going to have to give her a call and tell her about this topic:goodvibes

Wow! She was so lucky! I wonder if she or her grandparents ever got his autograph. Ask her, please!! :hyper:

Inspired by the "Who Said This" game on the Theme Park community board.....

Who said, "Dear me, what is that unpleasant aroma? I fear the sewer may have backed up during the night!"

Racetrack!

popcorn:: Newsies: Behind the Scenes popcorn::

(Check out Kenny Ortega's hair!!!)

Part 1

Part 2

That was really cool.
His hair...wow. Very long.

Oh yes, I'm going to order Newsies and the soundtrack here pretty soon online.
I'm really excited, hopefully it doesn't take too long to ship.

::Snow_White::;28375600]Racetrack!

That's right! :thumbsup2

That was really cool.
His hair...wow. Very long.

Oh yes, I'm going to order Newsies and the soundtrack here pretty soon online.
I'm really excited, hopefully it doesn't take too long to ship.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video! :) I'm also happy to hear that you're getting the DVD and CD. I hope they arrive soon. I'm planning to buy the CD as a Christmas present for myself. :laughing: (Hmmmm....maybe I should get it as an EARLY Christmas present. :rolleyes1 I don't know if I want to wait that long!)

Who said.........

"But I got brains, too....and more than just half of one. How do I know you punks won't run the first time some goon comes at you with a club? How do I know you got what it takes to win?"

Who said.........

"But I got brains, too....and more than just half of one. How do I know you punks won't run the first time some goon comes at you with a club? How do I know you got what it takes to win?"

I know this one...Spot! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter