** The Official September 2012 Thread **

two sleeps...as if that is possible. We are surprising my 12 yr old, and 6 year old.... I am dying to tell them.

In one hour it will be midnight here and then I can do my SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: :dancer:

OMG, 10 days! For some reason, it seemed surreal that I would be getting a second trip in this year. It finally hit me that I'm really going again! :woohoo:

2nd Trip for me too, this year! Our 1st trip in 2006 was going to be a "once-in-a-lifetime trip. :rotfl:

Low crowd levels! That's awesome. I have been to WDW in september before, I'm glad to hear that the historical numbers are holding for this great time of year to visit! Glad you had a great trip, we leave on Wednesday. :thumbsup2

LOVE September! We'll be arriving Monday about noon :cool1: The crowds will pick up a little that week with F&W Festival, but shouldn't be too bad as long as we stay out of Epcot Friday and Saturday.

Just back and had a great time. Went to MNSSHP for the first time and had a ball. Will definately go again. The crowds were minimal, didn't wait at all for any ride. Went on ToT 5 times, no waiting. They only time we waited was 10 mins for Toy Story. Shuttles were mostly empty too. Sept is THE best time to go.
Now the question is- When do I go again???

We're already planning for this week again next year! :yay:

10 days to go over here and I am getting very nervous of the crowd levels. I know that people have been reporting low crowds now, but the dining reservations is what is alarming me. I feel like there might he high crowds in 10 days as most reservations are booked up right now. Every time I search something it is not available!!

Any thoughts?

5 days until my "One More Disney Day" getaway! I love counting down the days! :hourglass

My backpack is packed and I'm ready to go! (Yup, for my 1 day trip that's all I need!) I hope I have room for souvenirs. :rotfl:

Thanks to all who are there now for the info on the crowds and the weather. September is a WONDERFUL month to go - I was there for a week last year for my b'day and we had a blast doing everything.

I wish safe travels to all who are going there soon or are there now. :drive:

I can't believe this is my 3rd trip this year!! (Not bad for a guy in Pennsylvania!) I'm as excited as ever.

Mike.

Whoooo!!! In 2 hours ill be well on my way to WDW! can't wait to get there. My happy dance has started :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DISBoards

10 days to go over here and I am getting very nervous of the crowd levels. I know that people have been reporting low crowds now, but the dining reservations is what is alarming me. I feel like there might he high crowds in 10 days as most reservations are booked up right now. Every time I search something it is not available!!

Any thoughts?

I am here now, and so far the crowds have been great, and I had the same thoughts as you. Are the reservations that are booked up all signature? I experienced the same. Stop worrying and relax.

We ad thunder and lightning yesterday, and about 10 minutes of rain. There's some thunder right now, but not too many rain clouds. We'll see what that leads to!!

Kathymford said:
I am here now, and so far the crowds have been great, and I had the same thoughts as you. Are the reservations that are booked up all signature? I experienced the same. Stop worrying and relax.

We ad thunder and lightning yesterday, and about 10 minutes of rain. There's some thunder right now, but not too many rain clouds. We'll see what that leads to!!

Oh good! My mind is better at ease. I was checking for character breakfasts and for the whole 11 days they are booked!!! (I already have mine booked but was just checking)
Touring plans just updated their website to lower the crowd number so that made me feel better too! I guess there are just a lot of people that want to eat where I am eating - LOL!

I hope you're having an amazing time!!!!:goodvibes

100 hours until we board our flight!:dumbo:
109 hours until we touch down in Orlando!:cool1:
:crazy2: Red-eye flight with an early morning layover but we're going to Disney - DH and I are both super excited! :jumping3::Pinkbounc

In the world!!! Quick question how does space mountain compare to everest?..... which is worse as in ride intensity.

In the world!!! Quick question how does space mountain compare to everest?..... which is worse as in ride intensity.

I haven't done Everest, but I would have to guess Everest is more intense. I'm not a roller coaster person and rarely go on them, but I have done Space Mountain (really by accident because I didn't know what I was getting into!). I wouldn't even attempt Everest because, one, it seems taller/faster, and two, because it goes in reverse at one point. Most of the intensity from Space Mountain comes from being in the dark and not necessarily knowing what comes next. Maybe someone else can chime in who has done both, but that would be my answer!

Car service picking us up at 11 AM!!! Flight leaves at 1:30! We should be in Disney World at 4!!!! I can't believe today's the day!:banana::banana:

I haven't done Everest, but I would have to guess Everest is more intense. I'm not a roller coaster person and rarely go on them, but I have done Space Mountain (really by accident because I didn't know what I was getting into!). I wouldn't even attempt Everest because, one, it seems taller/faster, and two, because it goes in reverse at one point. Most of the intensity from Space Mountain comes from being in the dark and not necessarily knowing what comes next. Maybe someone else can chime in who has done both, but that would be my answer!

I'd have to say that Space Mountain is more intense - there's a lot of up and down parts, spinning, etc., ALL IN THE DARK, whereas Everest is comparable to Big Thunder Mountain, but with a backwards part. I'm a HUGE fan of Everest, and Space Mountain scares me a little! :eek:

So if you're looking for more family friendly, go with Everest. If you're looking for more thrill-ride oriented, go with Space Mountain. Do both and compare!!

Mike.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter