The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

That’s what I thought. Pre pandemic they had that whole building behind the frontier tower, to the right of the Aulani models.
I havent been in that building, but I am pretty sure it is there and it is open. Others I know have mentioned touring Aulani models and going to that building recently

We just finished our stay at VDH and while the building is very nice, I really wish they will make studios with showers and studio with baths a separate bookable category like CCV. I put in a request for a studio with a bathtub because my four year old only takes bath. While I understand that my request is only a request, when checking in at the lobby...I asked the CM when she said our room was early whether the studio we got had a tub or not. She didn't know and had to go in the back to ask. She comes back out and says we got you a room with a tub but it needs to be cleaned. For us that is worth waiting for so we said okay and this was after a long morning of traveling from the northeast. After a couple of hours in the parks, we got the text saying our room was early so we headed back since our son was starting to fall apart from being up so early. Walked into the room and guess what we saw in the bathroom? A SHOWER! Ugh...at that point, we didn't want to wait any longer and just wanted a room for our son to have some rest time in. Maybe this was an omen because we all caught some kind of stomach bug/ate something wrong near the end of our time at DL. Trying to get him to take a shower in the studio we got was a PITA and he cried the whole time. I knew there was a chance we will end up in a shower studio but being promised a tub and not getting it was really an annoyance.

We just finished our stay at VDH and while the building is very nice, I really wish they will make studios with showers and studio with baths a separate bookable category like CCV. I put in a request for a studio with a bathtub because my four year old only takes bath. While I understand that my request is only a request, when checking in at the lobby...I asked the CM when she said our room was early whether the studio we got had a tub or not. She didn't know and had to go in the back to ask. She comes back out and says we got you a room with a tub but it needs to be cleaned. For us that is worth waiting for so we said okay and this was after a long morning of traveling from the northeast. After a couple of hours in the parks, we got the text saying our room was early so we headed back since our son was starting to fall apart from being up so early. Walked into the room and guess what we saw in the bathroom? A SHOWER! Ugh...at that point, we didn't want to wait any longer and just wanted a room for our son to have some rest time in. Maybe this was an omen because we all caught some kind of stomach bug/ate something wrong near the end of our time at DL. Trying to get him to take a shower in the studio we got was a PITA and he cried the whole time. I knew there was a chance we will end up in a shower studio but being promised a tub and not getting it was really an annoyance.
Please email DVC via the member website and tell them your story. They could easily make those two separate booking categories - could still charge the same number of points, so they wouldn't have to recalculate the points chart. However, I'm afraid they won't do it because the number of studios with tubs is small. But it doesn't hurt to let them know what the issues are.

Please email DVC via the member website and tell them your story. They could easily make those two separate booking categories - could still charge the same number of points, so they wouldn't have to recalculate the points chart. However, I'm afraid they won't do it because the number of studios with tubs is small. But it doesn't hurt to let them know what the issues are.
I will definitely email them once things settle down at home. It wouldn’t have been so bad if we were promised a room with a tub from the front desk.

Post 6 - Save for future content
Hi Ursula. Fantastic effort by you creating the unofficial official VDH DISBoards page. With the page a little quieter now that some of the mystery of what VDH has to offer having worn off, I was wondering what you were thinking for the Post Reserved sections 6 through 10 on page. 1.

No rush. Just wondering if you had some ideas.

Hi Ursula. Fantastic effort by you creating the unofficial official VDH DISBoards page. With the page a little quieter now that some of the mystery of what VDH has to offer having worn off, I was wondering what you were thinking for the Post Reserved sections 6 through 10 on page. 1.

I would love if we got the revised and finalized floor layouts on one of those pages

I was just thinking this the other day - need to update what we know. Totally open to suggestions of what would be helpful. I need to update the views front page of links too from those have posted.

I was just thinking this the other day - need to update what we know. Totally open to suggestions of what would be helpful. I need to update the views front page of links too from those have posted.
The Palm Breeze Bar link, menu, and info is now available since the posting. I noticed there was a placeholder for when it went live.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland-hotel/palm-breeze-bar/

As for using up one of the four reserved post slots I'm not sure. Maybe when all the floors / room types are mapped out we could have a cross sectional view showing which rooms face outwards. Just a thought but not overall crazy about this idea.

On a social front, I think the resort opened in May. Our close date is May the fourth. Perhaps use one of the posts to organize / captures annual photos with members gathering the month of May each year.

For the historical buffs you could use one post for tracking direct and resale costs per point. This could get cumbersome if done monthly but perhaps just do one data point each year. Maybe pick a month to record the value.

Then there is the whole Disneyland Forward journey that will greatly impact how VDH is viewed and experienced. But that likely is its on separate forum above and beyond our VDH forum.

Maybe a section on common VDH tips and tricks. Questions that keep coming up and likely will continue to surface over the next 2, 5, 10+ years.
  • VDH DVC Free Laundry - For us when we checked in at the Fantasy Tower we went ahead and requested our DVC free laundry card. They asked how many washes/dries we wanted to load. That saved us a return trip back to the front desk in Fantasy. This tends to be a question that keeps coming up if VDH DVC owners get free laundry or not.
  • VDH DVC Free Parking - Another tip might be DVC free parking. How does it work, etc.
  • Paradise Pier DCA Gate - Quick description and perhaps a little map showing the walking route to the entrance gate.
  • Downtown Disney Monorail to Disneyland - It seems obvious but for folks visiting VDH the first time another walk saving feature is the Monorail for Disneyland.
  • Free Keurig Pods - We got a bowl full at the beginning of our stay. Understood that if you wanted more all you need to do was ask housekeeping.
IDK. Just throwing out brain storming ideas.

• Paradise Pier DCA Gate - Quick description and perhaps a little map showing the walking route to the entrance gate.
No, No, No…. That’s the best kept little secret! The more who know the longer that line will get!!! Let them keep complaining about the horrible long walk uphill in both directions with all the horrible construction going on and the crowds of people who don’t know how to walk at a fast enough pace from DLH to the front gates.

Just kidding…..sorta 😃

No, No, No…. That’s the best kept little secret! The more who know the longer that line will get!!! Let them keep complaining about the horrible long walk uphill in both directions with all the horrible construction going on and the crowds of people who don’t know how to walk at a fast enough pace from DLH to the front gates.

Just kidding…..sorta 😃
I know! It was an easy walk. Just badge at the front gate near the guard shack for VGC, then a pleasant walk along the back side of VGC. I bet the line wasn't 5 minutes long. And with the early entry I think I got to ride the Incredibles Coaster 4 or 5 times before the park opened.

I know! It was an easy walk. Just badge at the front gate near the guard shack for VGC, then a pleasant walk along the back side of VGC. I bet the line wasn't 5 minutes long. And with the early entry I think I got to ride the Incredibles Coaster 4 or 5 times before the park opened.
Hmm, tell me more. By badge a the front gate do you mean just use your room key?

Hmm, tell me more. By badge a the front gate do you mean just use your room key?
Yep, room key. Not sure if the phone room key works but we always used the room key card.

Here is one of the shorter videos regarding this entrance. Most all the videos state Paradise Pier Hotel entrance but any Disney hotel key will work.

I don't remember exactly but seemed like a 5-10 minute walk from VDH.

Video

Article with photos
https://mickeyblog.com/2022/06/12/paradise-pier-hotel-gets-california-adventure-entrance/

Map I Made (had some available time today and made this map)

1714071664473.png

Yep, room key. Not sure if the phone room key works but we always used the room key card.

Here is one of the shorter videos regarding this entrance. Most all the videos state Paradise Pier Hotel entrance but any Disney hotel key will work.

I don't remember exactly but seemed like a 5-10 minute walk from VDH.

Video

Article with photos
https://mickeyblog.com/2022/06/12/paradise-pier-hotel-gets-california-adventure-entrance/

Map I Made (had some available time today and made this map)

View attachment 854758
This is awesome!! Thanks

When I went in January the PP entrance was definitely the better option but of the two but definitely had a much larger crowd than I had read that others experienced.

I’m assuming that will continue to accelerate.

Whenever Disneyland gets the Evolv scanners all the checkpoints will speed up tremendously. But right now the hotel side ones are all pretty terrible at rope drop.

When I went in January the PP entrance was definitely the better option but of the two but definitely had a much larger crowd than I had read that others experienced.
We went in February, the PP entrance was a ghost town no matter when we used it. Early entry, middle of the day, at night after the World of Color. Maybe a couple of other families with us, but usually not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter