*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

DVC holds back inventory just for these types of activities. They will probably take one room at a time out of rotation as they do the soft upgrades.
🤞🏻 I hope so, but they didn’t with the studios at PVB. 😢 Lots of people have complained about being moved to the Moana rooms. I personally think they are beautiful and would be okay being moved there. They don’t have the kitchenette or extra bathroom space, so I totally understand why some were upset and saw it as a downgrade. I would view a regular room at GF as a downgrade as well, because I think they are a little plain/boring.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where bell services is located? We are arriving early and need to drop off our bags but I’m not sure which building we need to do so at? Thanks so much!!

I’m trying to surprise my daughter with a stay here soon. Do you have to use your magic band to access the elevator?

Just got back from our stay in 1519 (lovely view of Poly and the monorail) and had a wonderful time! Going back to 1 bedrooms after this is going to be difficult...

I will say, this trip solidified our decision to make VGF our home. We almost bought RIV because of the price difference, but in my mind at least there is no comparison between the two (we did a split stay between RIV and VGF this trip)

Just got back from our stay in 1519 (lovely view of Poly and the monorail) and had a wonderful time! Going back to 1 bedrooms after this is going to be difficult...

I will say, this trip solidified our decision to make VGF our home. We almost bought RIV because of the price difference, but in my mind at least there is no comparison between the two (we did a split stay between RIV and VGF this trip)
Care to elaborate? We own at VGF and RIV doesn't really appeal to me (rooms are nice, but lobby and some areas feel too small IMO) but I am curious what you thought made VGF better? With the new building being added, VGF may be easier to book than RIV!

Care to elaborate? We own at VGF and RIV doesn't really appeal to me (rooms are nice, but lobby and some areas feel too small IMO) but I am curious what you thought made VGF better? With the new building being added, VGF may be easier to book than RIV!
To me, RIV felt like a regular hotel with a few quick accents added to try to make it look "French", whereas VGF feels like it was well thought-out. The whole things feels more authentic and comfortable, whereas RIV to me felt like a shiny veneer over a Hilton. One thing I also love about Grand Floridian is that the lobby is its own relaxing space, whereas the RIV lobby felt very much to us like a place only meant for waiting for your room and dropping your bags. They are both certainly nice hotels, but I would never do a resort-only visit at RIV because it just doesn't have a destination feel to me. We took my in-laws, and they had the same general feeling about the two as we did.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who prefer RIV to VGF, but this was just our experience/opinion! I'm really hoping the new addition doesn't put a huge strain on larger rooms!!

To me, RIV felt like a regular hotel with a few quick accents added to try to make it look "French", whereas VGF feels like it was well thought-out. The whole things feels more authentic and comfortable, whereas RIV to me felt like a shiny veneer over a Hilton. One thing I also love about Grand Floridian is that the lobby is its own relaxing space, whereas the RIV lobby felt very much to us like a place only meant for waiting for your room and dropping your bags.

Well put, that sums up my feelings too, but articulated better!
I'm really hoping the new addition doesn't put a huge strain on larger rooms!!
Yes, same.

Even with the addition to the Grand Floridian, it will still have about 100 rooms less than the RIV.

Anyone booked for VGF that has been notified of being moved for renovations? I’m booked for December and haven’t heard anything. Not sure when they send out the emails.

Anyone booked for VGF that has been notified of being moved for renovations? I’m booked for December and haven’t heard anything. Not sure when they send out the emails.
I don’t see why current VGF reservations would be affected. They are renovating a non DVC building.

I don’t see why current VGF reservations would be affected. They are renovating a non DVC building.

They are also doing a soft goods refurb on the existing studios. Disney Parks Blog said the refurb is scheduled to start in November. The article said they are also replacing the couch/sofa bed combo with a pull down murphy bed.

Has any of this actually started?
It is set to start in November. I was wondering if anyone has been notified that has reservations during the time frame. PVB studio guests were moved to regular Poly rooms and received emails alerting them of the change. I just can’t remember how long before the trip the emails were received.

I’m sorry if this question has been repeatedly asked and answered but my search function isn’t working and it’s been a while since we’ve stayed at our home resort. Have the small toiletry bottles been replaced here yet to the big pumps? I’m working on my packing list.

Thank you!!

I’m sorry if this question has been repeatedly asked and answered but my search function isn’t working and it’s been a while since we’ve stayed at our home resort. Have the small toiletry bottles been replaced here yet to the big pumps? I’m working on my packing list.

Thank you!!
When we were there in April, we had the small individual bottles. That may change with the soft good refurb that will start in a couple of months.

When we were there in April, we had the small individual bottles. That may change with the soft good refurb that will start in a couple of months.
Thank you! Our stay starts October 7th so I think we’ll have the small ones as well. Appreciate your swift response!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter