The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

Anyone enter for the party at 3pm through the new DCA entrance for hotel guests (near corn dog castle)? I’m curious if it’ll work. I asked on chat and they said they didn’t know for sure!

Could anyone going tonight take note of the parade route? It's part of our party strategy for sat night (especially if it's starting near the little mermaid-is area.) Thanks and Happy partying!
There’s really only one parade route through DCA. It will start over by Paradise Gardens, come past Ariel then go on past Wine Country and the entrances to Carsland and Avengers Campus. It will turn right and go down through Hollywoodland and end between the Hyperion and GOTG.

According to friends who went last night the killer lines were Bruno, the Sandersons and the Ernesto De La Cruz treat trail. Significant line also for a surprise Kingdom Hearts character meet that almost gave me a heart attack this morning.

Edited to add:

Pixar Meet: Remy & Emile, Dug and Russell
Swashbuckling Friends/Classics (was told one meet at Pacific Wharf only?): Smee and Hook.
The Villains Meet Spot really seems to be backdrops only, haven't seen different pictures.
At the Carthay Fountain: Merlin and Blue Fairy in one spot and Hercules and Ping in the other. I have seen two pictures of Megara, so not entirely sure what's going on there.

That's everything I have so far.

Last edited:

Twitter is just full of Bruno, Sanderson Sisters and Ernesto. Hard to find too many other pics, especially of non treat trail characters.

Added for Campus: not seen pictures yet, but I have 2 reports of Loki.
I was switching between 3-4 different livestreams. I can confirm a very tall Loki in his Asgaard Green attire was walking about earlier in the night. Black Widow was at the corner spot where I usually see her, Black Panther, single character meet-greet, etc.
The lighting in the Agatha/Sanctum area was of course great, BUT I have to say seeing her costume in the daylight was worth it. Really well done costume- was admiring it through my little screen.

Has anyone seen Pain and Panic or Hades? I saw someone post that Hercules and Meg were both out. Hercules is my favorite movie and was hoping they were all out!

I went to the party last night and am willing to answer any questions.

Some things noted:
-Character trails were spectacular as always! Ernesto was definitely the longest line, but the CMs know people are wanting to stop and watch him and they try to push you along. We got in line all the way near the entrance to Webslingers, but it was only about a 10 min wait. Madame Mim was also wonderful, and Sid was so great (must be a dream job to basically just be a jerk all night).
-Characters do have to switch out. I know someone waited for Ernesto but when they got there he was gone. Make sure to check if the character is out before getting in line (although they could always leave mid-line). Cruella seemed to be the slowest moving trail for me, but they may reorganize that one a bit.
-Character meet & greets were long. And the characters take a lot of time with each person, which is good for the guest meeting, but super annoying when you are waiting.
-Parade, you prob should be able to get a front row spot 20 min beforehand. Even walking up right before parade, you should be able to get a good view right before.
-Villains Grove was the same as previous years, but it's still spectacular. Our longest wait, but we prob didn't time it well (about 30 min wait at its longest).
-For Kingdom Hearts, it was a long line (my friend wanted to meet them). And don't forget Mickey needs to leave to be in the parade. They have Donald, Mickey, Goofy. Sometimes meet in groups of 2, sometimes by themselves.

Anyways, let me know if you have any other questions! It was fun and I'm actually going back in October so I can enjoy it again.

Anyone have any insight on what the wait times are like for attractions during the party?
I went last year on Halloween and they weren’t bad at all. The only wait time that was longer than 10-15 minutes was WEB Slingers since it was new. I waited probably 40 minutes for that

-Character meet & greets were long. And the characters take a lot of time with each person, which is good for the guest meeting, but super annoying when you are waiting.

Are you able to put a rough estimate on the wait times to meet the characters?

I saw someone on Instagram say they waited an hour for the "Sanderson sisters".

Update - I saw someone else say the wait was 2 hours for them later.

Last edited:
Ordinary Adventures said they waited in line for an hour to see the Sanderson Sisters 😬 I'm thankful I don't care about character meets too much this year.

Kind of sad @ the party specific merch though.. clothing is one womans tshirt and a sweatshirt... in THIS heat? Hoping it's just that they haven't gotten everything in yet..

Anyone have any insight on what the wait times are like for attractions during the party?

Friend went last night and everything was decent. 5-20 minutes, but even 20 minute stuff was faster than posted. Tons of candy and non-candy snacks.

Ordinary Adventures said they waited in line for an hour to see the Sanderson Sisters 😬 I'm thankful I don't care about character meets too much this year.

Kind of sad @ the party specific merch though.. clothing is one womans tshirt and a sweatshirt... in THIS heat? Hoping it's just that they haven't gotten everything in yet..
Same!! I was really hoping for a spirit jersey. I know that's still long sleeve and pretty warm...but the one for Mickey's Not So Scary is so cute! I need an OBB version!

Sandersons were very long. For that one best bet was to go there first and line up pre-party. Bruno looked like 30 min? Kingdom Hearts was about 45 (my friend got in line at 30 min parade announcement and didn’t finish til after the parade). The ones by fountain went pretty slow, so even though the line wasn’t physically long, it took a lot of time (30 min?). I didn’t head down into Avengers Campus or the other lands. (I’m also not the best at estimating line times since I don’t tend to do them.)

Most looked like near walk-on. Monsters After Dark had a long wait at the beginning since they hadn’t cleared out non party people yet. Webslingers was walk right into the pre-show waiting room. Others I didn’t pay much attention to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter