The ORIGINAL POP Fridge swap-Closing after 5+ years!!

Apologies, I've cleared my inbox!

I will PM the swapper after me -- I plan on picking up the fridge and seeing if I can get it to work. I am a bit handy, so I have a smidge of hope. Question: is there a screwdriver or similar that might be helpful for me to take, in order to investigate the innards? I can pop out first thing on the 26th before I catch my flight if there's a tool needed that I don't have.

PM'ing the poster who is following me to get her info now. (So sorry I'm behind, it's been a whirlwind month on my end!)

Good luck! I hope its something you are able to fix :)
And Merry Christmas!
:santa:

Keepin my fingers crossed for the fridge :cheer2: I really hope to be a part of the fridge swap for my first trip in April :hug:

If available, I'd love to use it March 15(late arrival 9pm) or 16 - March 18. I am 99.9% sure we are staying at POP.....will know for sure by January 20th. Thanks!

Hi if the fridge is up and working I am looking for 2 weeks if they are available! We were able to book 2 trips this year at the POP!

May 10-21
September 13-23

I see the May one seems to be available and a portion of the September one! I have confirmation numbers and am booked with Disney. Please PM me, I'd love to be a part of this! Our last fridge swap at Pop was a life saver!

Hi if the fridge is up and working I am looking for 2 weeks if they are available! We were able to book 2 trips this year at the POP!

May 10-21
September 13-23

I see the May one seems to be available and a portion of the September one! I have confirmation numbers and am booked with Disney. Please PM me, I'd love to be a part of this! Our last fridge swap at Pop was a life saver!

I'm also interested in September. Put my deposit down this week as well. After the list in teh front is updated, please let me know.

I am going to opt out of this fridge swap for February 11-15th. I wasn't officially confirmed yet. Thank you.

Hi, I am planning to arrive on 11/1/12 and stay until 11/9/12. Could I reserve the fridge please? I think it is available from 11/2 on. Thanks!!

Sorry all but as of this time the fridge is dead. :scared1: Reports are that while the compressor is getting power (it is hot to the touch) it is not producing any cooling. I really don't know anything about fridge compressors and not being able to see the actual makes it impossible for me to do anything about the fridge.

So, for now, we are DOA. The only way this swap will be brought back to life is if someone donates a fridge for everyone to use. Personally, I won't be able to do this. I don't have a trip scheduled at this time (though I am hoping to go in October) so I won't be buying a fridge for everyone else to use.

If there is someone out there who will be buying a fridge to use for their trip (to save the daily rental fee) and would like to donate it to this swap after they are done with it that would be great. :goodvibes

For now, the fridge is at LS in the box along with the coffee maker and toaster (which are both still working). Not really sure what to do at this point with them.:confused3

For those almost 250 families who were able to use my swap, I'm glad I was able to contribute a little magic to your vacation. I can't believe that something that started up in August 2006 lasted for almost 5 1/2 years. Amazing!:wizard:

Sorry all but as of this time the fridge is dead. :scared1: Reports are that while the compressor is getting power (it is hot to the touch) it is not producing any cooling. I really don't know anything about fridge compressors and not being able to see the actual makes it impossible for me to do anything about the fridge.

So, for now, we are DOA. The only way this swap will be brought back to life is if someone donates a fridge for everyone to use. Personally, I won't be able to do this. I don't have a trip scheduled at this time (though I am hoping to go in October) so I won't be buying a fridge for everyone else to use.

If there is someone out there who will be buying a fridge to use for their trip (to save the daily rental fee) and would like to donate it to this swap after they are done with it that would be great. :goodvibes

For now, the fridge is at LS in the box along with the coffee maker and toaster (which are both still working). Not really sure what to do at this point with them.:confused3

For those almost 250 families who were able to use my swap, I'm glad I was able to contribute a little magic to your vacation. I can't believe that something that started up in August 2006 lasted for almost 5 1/2 years. Amazing!:wizard:

I contemplated purchasing a replacement, we'll be needing it for 7 days, so that about covers the cost of the fridge and I could use it multiple times, but we have no vehicle. I was also planning on having Garden Grocer deliver food, it would be a huge hassle and expense to have to take a cab to Walmart to pick up the fridge.

Hopefully someone who is renting or driving will be generous enough to purchase a fridge for all of us to use. If staying for a week or more, it almost makes sense to purchase a cheap fridge at Walmart rather than pay the $10+ a day to POP.

I contemplated purchasing a replacement, we'll be needing it for 7 days, so that about covers the cost of the fridge and I could use it multiple times, but we have no vehicle. I was also planning on having Garden Grocer deliver food, it would be a huge hassle and expense to have to take a cab to Walmart to pick up the fridge.

Hopefully someone who is renting or driving will be generous enough to purchase a fridge for all of us to use. If staying for a week or more, it almost makes sense to purchase a cheap fridge at Walmart rather than pay the $10+ a day to POP.

Amazon has free shipping ;)

I saw some on Amazon (1.7 cu size) starting at about $89.99 with free shipping so that is a great deal for someone going soon for a week or 10 days instead of renting from POP. I think they were at least $12 per day last I checked to rent. Great idea leadfootlevi:thumbsup2

I saw some on Amazon (1.7 cu size) starting at about $89.99 with free shipping so that is a great deal for someone going soon for a week or 10 days instead of renting from POP. I think they were at least $12 per day last I checked to rent. Great idea leadfootlevi:thumbsup2

I did my research online before posting. The ones you see on Amazon for $89 have terrible reviews stating that the units don't get cold enough, others that the motherboard burned.

Better deals to be had at Walmart, but only with ship to store, not worth it to pay for shipping and when I entered Pop's address as a test it said it was an invalid address.

I'm glad I didn't cancel my fridge request, I'll be "renting" it from Pop.

I did my research online before posting. The ones you see on Amazon for $89 have terrible reviews stating that the units don't get cold enough, others that the motherboard burned.

Better deals to be had at Walmart, but only with ship to store, not worth it to pay for shipping and when I entered Pop's address as a test it said it was an invalid address.

I'm glad I didn't cancel my fridge request, I'll be "renting" it from Pop.

Good thinking. I didnt even check reviews...just checked price. Not worth it if it doesnt work for long:eek:

And THANKS again DIZNEYDAZ!! I was able to use the fridge 2 times and was on the list for a third. You did a great job managing this swap :)

We are flying otherwise I would have been willing to buy one since we are going to be there 10 days. Now just going to use my disney rewards to pay for renting one at the POP. I did send you a PM asking what we should do about the fridge, currently it has my information on it but don't know if there is something else I can put on it when I get there? I can PM you my cell phone number if you can't think of something now and you want to text or call me while I am there.

sorry about the fridge I am going to opt out of this swap as I have found a new one and dont want to be on 2 lists You do wonderful things for us and I thank you :) If it wasnt for a fridge swap Id be doing a cooler and ice :) Thanx again :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter