The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It seems to me like more current owners want Poly 2 folded in (because of expanded room variety) and most non-owners interested in a direct purchase prefer they remain separated.
As a current Poly1 owner, I actually want Poly2 to be a separate association. Poly1, with the proximity to all transportation options, has the equilibrium that we appreciate - studios only and easy to book (depending on the season) all the way up to ~7 months. This allows me to plan early, but not that early...

By introducing millions of points at Poly2, and given that studios are always the first to go, I often wonder if there would be more competition for the studios at Poly1 if it were the same association. If competition increases, it means that I'd have to plan at 11 months, on the dot, or risk not having the room I'd like. Of course, Poly1 has 360 studios, so it may not happen, but I would prefer not to chance it.

As a current Poly1 owner, I actually want Poly2 to be a separate association. Poly1, with the proximity to all transportation options, has the equilibrium that we appreciate - studios only and easy to book (depending on the season) all the way up to ~7 months. This allows me to plan early, but not that early...

By introducing millions of points at Poly2, and given that studios are always the first to go, I often wonder if there would be more competition for the studios at Poly1 if it were the same association. If competition increases, it means that I'd have to plan at 11 months, on the dot, or risk not having the room I'd like. Of course, Poly1 has 360 studios, so it may not happen, but I would prefer not to chance it.
I agree with this sentiment, EYL. My wife and I are new resale at Poly and we want to be able to book LV for a week plus each year. If they become the same association, depending on where the tower studios are located, it may pressure LV studios even more (specifically the upper floors of Moorea). Or perhaps it will be the opposite, such as AKV, where the SV value studios are snapped up quickly. Either way, I would prefer less competition to a bit more room. If we ever want more room in the future, there are other resorts with 1BR and 2BR units we can book easily, or we can always get two studios at Poly. Plus, I like the theming of Poly 1, which is why we chose it over BLT and VGF.

I wouldn't worry if I were you. Poly is readily available to non-owners inside 7 months when you're competing with tens of millions of Saratoga, Aulani, Animal Kingom, and Old Key West points. A couple million more (along with all the new inventory) isn't going to hurt you if you're booking at 7 months + 1 day.

By introducing millions of points at Poly2, and given that studios are always the first to go, I often wonder if there would be more competition for the studios at Poly1 if it were the same association.
Yes, I can see some bananas theme park view rooms or GVs could throw off the balance, like making more bungalows. But I really don't think you need to worry, because it will be its own association, for Disney's reasons, not yours.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

In the spirit of New Year's predictions, here are mine for Poly2...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Four 3BR Grand Villas and dedicated 2BRs on the top two floors. The rest will be 2BR lock-offs, and maybe (hopefully) a handful of value studios similar to AKV's value studios or Riviera's tower studios.

2. It will be a separate association with restrictions.

3. The points chart will be high... very high. A deluxe studio may start near 200 points per week and go to over 300. That's why I think they will need some sort of value studios.

4. Dining options will offer a lounge with an inside section and an outside/pool area section, a quick service restaurant, and a Dole Whip stand like the Pineapple Lanai. I do not see them doing a table service restaurant due to the limited space.

5. Minimum add-on contract size of 50 points, maybe even 75 points, because a 2-night weekend stay at a deluxe studio may require 70+ points.

6. Direct Pricing will be high, with limited discounts below 300 points. Since direct pricing will most likely go up again twice before Poly2 goes on sale, look for a $240-250 per point starting price.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope I am wrong on some of these, but only time will tell... lol

1. Four 3BR Grand Villas and dedicated 2BRs on the top two floors. The rest will be 2BR lock-offs, and maybe (hopefully) a handful of value studios similar to AKV's value studios or Riviera's tower studios.

3. The points chart will be high... very high. A deluxe studio may start near 200 points per week and go to over 300. That's why I think they will need some sort of value studios.

4. Dining options will offer a lounge with an inside section and an outside/pool area section, a quick service restaurant, and a Dole Whip stand like the Pineapple Lanai. I do not see them doing a table service restaurant due to the limited space.

5. Minimum add-on contract size of 50 points, maybe even 75 points, because a 2-night weekend stay at a deluxe studio may require 70+ points.

6. Direct Pricing will be high, with limited discounts below 300 points. Since direct pricing will most likely go up again twice before Poly2 goes on sale, look for a $240-250 per point starting price.

In that case, not interested. LOL

I was thinking Grand Villas, 2 BRs, 1 BRs, and tower-size studios only. Wouldn't it be interesting to do a lock-off 1 bedroom with a tower studio? Like a 1 and 1/2 bedroom, totally new category that sleeps 7.

I was thinking Grand Villas, 2 BRs, 1 BRs, and tower-size studios only. Wouldn't it be interesting to do a lock-off 1 bedroom with a tower studio? Like a 1 and 1/2 bedroom, totally new category that sleeps 7.
Not that it'll happen but this is a cool idea. Granted, currently I believe all 1bds have a King, where a Tower Studio + conjoined Studio would be 1 queen + 2 pulldown queens + 1 pulldown twin (or sleeper chair). The second bathroom that would come with that layout would be a plus, though the other thing you'd lose versus a proper 1bd would be a proper kitchen.

Everyone's got different use cases but a 1bd Light like that would be a plus for parents who would like a "bedroom" to go to after the kids fall asleep. Also good for two-couple trips. If the points chart is anything like Riv though you'd be better off with two PVB connecting studios 😅

With a point chart like that it'd be even higher than VGF.. as potential buyer of poly2 in the future dear god I hope not LOL

With a point chart like that it'd be even higher than VGF.. as potential buyer of poly2 in the future dear god I hope not LOL
Please no... Honestly I don't see how they can make the chart for studios much different than Poly1, other than there will probably be some crazy "Theme Park View" rooms or something. Or maybe they can, but it seems like that would be a bad look to have a big gap in studio charts at the same resort.

Then 1BR are all roughly double the points of a studio everywhere else, I don't see them changing that pattern.

So I'll be shocked if the chart isn't similar to VGF. But they've shocked me before.

Please no... Honestly I don't see how they can make the chart for studios much different than Poly1, other than there will probably be some crazy "Theme Park View" rooms or something. Or maybe they can, but it seems like that would be a bad look to have a big gap in studio charts at the same resort.

Then 1BR are all roughly double the points of a studio everywhere else, I don't see them changing that pattern.

So I'll be shocked if the chart isn't similar to VGF. But they've shocked me before.

Based on the tower's location and rough design, there'll basically be East-Northeast facing rooms, which I guess will be "Lake View" like Poly 1, and West-Southwest which could be "Standard View." Thankfully I don't think they can justify a separate TPV category.

That being said, I think you can definitely see MK more from the potential "Lake" side rooms than you can from the Lake Rooms at VGF (which face south? at least the studios) so I could see those rooms as high or higher in points as VGF "Lake."

1673021387481.png
1673022021925.png

I personally think you are spot on about the costs. I have thought from the announcement of the project that the room costs will be exorbitant. Think Riveria - but with views of the MK. Riviera is close to GF in costs. There is no way they are lower than Riviera is there? So, they jack them up a bit. Maybe they don’t pass the Grand since it is the flagship - but they at least match them.

I personally think you are spot on about the costs. I have thought from the announcement of the project that the room costs will be exorbitant. Think Riveria - but with views of the MK. Riviera is close to GF in costs. There is no way they are lower than Riviera is there? So, they jack them up a bit. Maybe they don’t pass the Grand since it is the flagship - but they at least match them.
Matching VGF would be exorbitant? Brand new resort, on the monorail, built from the start as DVC unlike Poly1 and VGF…assuming they do a decent job with the finish and amenities, doesn’t seem that out of line IMO. I mean, nobody would expect it to be less than RIV, or a lot less than VGF right?

I expect some rooms will be more than the equivalent at VGF, some less. On average close to the same probably.

Just using my typical travel week as an example. One week in a Studio:

VGF Lake 188
PVB Lake 185
Riv Lake 176
BLT Theme Park 174

PVB Standard 160
VGF Standard 158
BLT Lake 146
Riv Standard 139
BLT Standard 132

AKV Savannah 135
AKV Standard 107
SSR Preferred 118
SSR Standard 108

Studio for studio, Poly is already very close to VGF, and Riv isn't much cheaper? PVB Lake is already more than BLT TPV (granted their studios are tiny)? I'm sure that math changes throughout the year but Poly studios aren't low points, just lower than a 1br or 2br elsewhere.

Sure, those charts almost exactly correlate to launch date, with the exception of RIV, which is a hair under VGF in all categories and priced incredibly high for 1BR. Point charts go one direction. There will be no 8 point rooms anymore.

I expect Poly2 to exceed VGF charts with some view categories.

There will be no 8 point rooms anymore.

I expect Poly2 to exceed VGF charts with some view categories.

Unfortunately there hasn't been an 8 point room in a resort in over 15 years and even in AKV there's extremely few of those. With regard to the point chart I'm not sure, PVB studio prices are pretty much on part with their respective counterparts at VGF but nothing comes close to the theme park view for VGF. I think it'll pretty much line up with VGF. Maybe because it's a brand spanking new building it'll be priced a little higher but I wouldn't expect by more than a couple points.

Unfortunately there hasn't been an 8 point room in a resort in over 15 years and even in AKV there's extremely few of those.
My bad, I'm thinking of the OKW cheapest room, currently 9 points.

There will also be no 9 point rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter