The Polynesian pool

ForestMice

Earning My Ears
Hello to everyone on the board! This is my first post. My family will be in WDW in mid-October and we all can't wait!! Our 2nd trip...(our first was in '97). This will be the first time we have stayed at the Polynesian. I was just wondering if anyone knew how late the pools were open at the resort. Since the parks close fairly early this time of year we would plan on doing some swimming in the evening after dinner. I didn't know if they closed early along with the parks or later...

Also, if you have any good tips on staying at the Polynesian(i.e..things for the kids to do) I would appreciate them!! My kids are 10 and 6...

Thanks!:crazy:

I will try to answer a few. All pools remain open 24 hours but the life guards are gone after a certain hour, ie swim at your own risk. They close the slide down when they leave.

My kids 10 and 12 now love the new pool at the Poly and say the slide is cool.

I'm not sure about activities we were either in the parks or in the pool. We did enjoy the Kona Cafe and my boys would highly recommend the kiddie cone for dessert. My boys always share one to keep from going into full blown sugar overload.

Make sure to request to ride in the drivers cab of the monorail when you hit the platform.

We just returned from a trip to the Poly. My kids are 7,5 and 2. During the day, the Neverland Club was open from 12-4 and kids could play for free as long as their parents were with them. My DH enjoyed it as much as my kids did. They have video games and nintendo, arts & crafts and many more things to do. It sure beat spending our own money at the arcade. We also really enjoyed watching the Electrical Light Pageant from the Poly beach. Also, the fireworks. Enjoy your trip, the Poly is great!

Thanks for the info!! Glad to hear that the pool is open 24 hrs...!! Good info on the Neverland Club too!! :p

We just got back from CBR and the Poly today. My boys ages 8 and 4 LOVED the Neverland Club. They went for several hours on two evenings and my eldest cried when he had to leave. They even went during the time parents have to be there and had a great time.

The Poly also has crafts that the kids can do at the Great Ceremonial house from 12-2 every day. When we were there it was lai bracelets. My boys had a blast making them for me!! They make really nice hair bun enclosures LOL!!

There are also Hula Lessons at the Luau Cove on Saturdays. Be forewarned though the person that teaches it is on Hawaii time and it does not start at 10:00 when they said it did. At least it didnt when we were there and I had heard from someone else on the boards that it happened to them too. The lesson is free and my boys had a good time.

The Poly Volcano pool was amazing. My eldest loved the slide better there than anywhere else we have stayed. Only bad thing was it closed one of the days we were there. Apparently they had a pipe break. What I loved about it was it isnt really deep. Im only five foot tall and I was able to stand up no matter where I went in the pool. The lifeguards and slide close at 10:00 I was told but you can swim later but its just at your own risk. I know at the quiet pool there were people out there as late at 1:00 AM not being very quiet. The ONLY reason I heard them at all though was because I was sitting out on our patio. With the door shut you couldnt hear ANYTHING.

There are also swings and hammocks on the beach which are wonderful for just relaxing in the evening or watching the fireworks and Electrical Water Pagent from.

Check out Tikiman's website for everything you could ever want to know about the Poly & more! (find the link under Tikiman in the member's list)

We are staying at the Poly next year. Haven't been there since we fell in love with it on our honeymoon and went back for a late one year anniversary trip. Last trip we tried the Grand Floridian and all I can say is my heart belongs to the Poly. You will enjoy the resort. Keep an eye out when walking along the paths between the buildings. We used to see lots of interesting little pets.

I would recommend that you try O'hana's for dinner. This was one our favorite meals last trip. The kids had a blast doing the coconut races and hula hoop contests. The main part of the meal is 3 foot skewers of open flame cooked marinated pork, beef and shrimp. Very yummy and the kids chowed big time on the sticky wings that come in the lazy susan with dipping sauces, rice and a few other things. Don't remember too clearly, I really needed the fancy drink I ordered and waisted no time in enjoying it.

Also try Kona Cafe for breakfast. We MUST have tonga toast each trip. Nothing like fried banana stuffed french toast!

Be sure to check out tikiman's site. A wealth of info there. Not good at posting links but I'll try:

www.tikiman2001.homestead.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter