The Port Report: Frumpin Around the World with the Bathrobe Princesses :) COMPLETE

Wow, you sure have been the update queen! I love it all so far. Your nails were adorable and you know I LOVE that picture of your Mom and Mickey. :hug:

Great TR so far! You all look like you're having so much fun. I love your room at the Yacht Club. Club level looks awesome, too.

Joining in on the fun!! You gals look so happy, this is going to be a great TR! Your mom is awesome for taking you, make sure you tell her at least once a day for the whole year. :rotfl:

Just to let you know I am love love LOVING this!!! :banana: It's like going on our trip all over again! I'm like so excited :goodvibes Thank you for putting in my food of the day :) Remember, there was always more than one, so if ya can't remember what they all were, just text mee :) That Mickey "Mousse" was pretty much everyone's haha. And there was that strawberry shortcake...and that's just Day 1!! Mmmm I miss Disney food. :cloud9:

I am so so SO glad :) And I know. Making this trip report is like my therapy of having to come back to reality :rotfl: I love disney. And haha oh yes your food of the day. I will have to continue that... I may ask you for help remembering.

This report is LITERALLY the most PRECIOUS thing i have EVER read..im my whole life...no joke whatsoever. At this moment, i am listeing to So This is Love (Club33) (on the Disney cd Jess made me) while reading your trip report and im like cryin over here. this is AMAZING. <3 i love you alll!!!!

YOU are precious! Thank you so much Nat!! I'm really glad you're reading along because now I won't forget any important details when I'm telling you about the trip. It'll be like you were really there!

another great update!!

I just noticed that you're going back in 3 weeks for your fam vacation..where are you guys staying at in 3 weeks?? I'm like tossing and turning. I have POFQ booked with my AP but my friend who's a CM said she could book WL for us but it's $225 more and we just stayed there in Dec. AKL is cheaper but I really didn't like the distance so I guess I'll keep number crunching and figure it out haha.

Your 3rd pic of you girls standing with YC behind you...our room was on the top floor to the right. It was a great location since we had booked a standard and were upgraded to CL Garden (I'm assuming??)

Yes I am :) We're staying at Old Key West.. it's our family favorite since I was like 8. I'm really excited to be back in disney because I miss it so much already :lmao:

And hmm... I like WL and AKL. I have never stayed at POFQ but I heard that a lot of people enjoy it. It seems to be a favorite on disboards. For me it would be between WL and AKL because both of those resorts are beautiful! Maybe WL a little bit more because of the location to MK. But I don't know! Let me know what you decide!

And aww it was right there! And haha I'm not sure what view that was. All I know is that it was awesome :thumbsup2

I know I'm late, but I'm here now :goodvibes Now I have to go back and read ;)

Wow, you sure have been the update queen! I love it all so far. Your nails were adorable and you know I LOVE that picture of your Mom and Mickey. :hug:

Haha yayy you found it! Yes I am really enjoying making this TR it's so much fun! And thank you so much! And haha yes mother and mickey are adorable!!

Great TR so far! You all look like you're having so much fun. I love your room at the Yacht Club. Club level looks awesome, too.

Thank you! Yes we did, and yes Club Level was AMAZING :cloud9:

Subbing! :surfweb:

Wonderful TR! :)

Yay! Thank you so much! :yay:

Joining in on the fun!! You gals look so happy, this is going to be a great TR! Your mom is awesome for taking you, make sure you tell her at least once a day for the whole year. :rotfl:

Aww we were SO happy! And yes I thank her every day I can assure you of that. We had the time of our lives!! I'm so glad we got to go.

Chapter 5: Our Worldwide Character Hunt
January 14th, 2011

So after our delicious treats we decided to head back out and explore the world! I love that you can say that when you're in disney, and the fact that you can do it in a matter of hours!
dsc0184u.jpg

Our first stop was China. There's a lot to see in this Pavilion. So we checked out the sights, and the little shops.
dsc0168r.jpg

And below, my friends, this is what we could call "Frump Pictures." :thumbsup2

dsc0169o.jpg

dsc0170q.jpg

I love that puppet.

Then we spotted our first official princess- Mulan!
She asked us if we were working on our warrior moves. Thank you Mulan for getting us frumps prepared for any future battles.
dsc0173cu.jpg

Then we were going to continue, but we had a little stop in the road- the bridge was drawn up to bring out the globe for IllumiNations! That thing is crazy, I don't even know how they built it or how they move it around, but I bet it took/takes a lot of intense skill.
dsc0176cn.jpg

Next we headed off to Germany and we met... SNOW WHITE! This is Vickie's absolute favorite character, and we discovered that she hyper-venalates when she sees a princess. :rotfl: She was more excited than a little kid to meet Snow White!

We realized that Snow White looked EXACTLY like Kristen's mom. She also looked like Katy Perry a little bit! She was a fantastic Snow White though.
dsc0179zd.jpg

Vickie went up to get a solo picture with her and Snow White. She told Snow White "you're my favorite I love you." And Snow White was so sweet!

Then the greatest character conversation of the entire trip happened: Vick and Snow White chatted for a little bit, and the topic of Prince Charming came up. Snow White said "Did you meet your Prince Charming by the Wishing Well?" And Vickie said "Yeah.... Well no, I met him on facebook." Snow White was all excited "Oh! The book of faces?! I will have to tell Dopey about that one! He loves to read!" :lmao:
img2346n.jpg

We said our goodbyes to Snow White and headed off to our next country- Italy! We looked around a little bit, went in the shops, and looked to see where the new Via Napoli restaurant is located.
dsc0182m.jpg

Next was the American Adventure. We marched to the Liberty Band. It just has such a good beat, ya know? And then Japan followed that.

And then next was France! Lots of fun characters to meet here!

First was Belle. We could have stayed 10 more minutes to wait for the Beast, but we figured we had a lot more to do and so little time, so we just met the princess herself.

She gave us some very good advice: "You are all very beautiful! Watch out for Gaston- he may ask to marry you!" :laughing: the princesses were full of great comments that day!
dsc05067l.jpg

We met Marie too. She really is adorable!
dsc05068l.jpg

And next was another princess... Sleeping Beauty! Vickie freaked out again because Sleeping Beauty is her other favorite. She ran to the line faster than I have ever seen her run before. (I love this Disney version of Vickie. So fun!)

While waiting in line these two women were discussing characters. One was like "wait... who's Aurora!?" "Sleeping Beauty. The one we're meeting right now!" Then went on and on about it because the one was so confused. I must have looked back at them because the first lady was like "That girl just gave me a look like I was crazy!" :rotfl: Sorry lady. I didn't mean to! But.. YOU SHOULD KNOW YOUR PRINCESSES princess: thank you very much.

Sleeping Beauty talked to us and Vickie told her that she met her Prince Charming in a play. (both things are true- vickie and dan were in a play together but reconnected on facebook. thats the back story ;) )

Then she asked me and Kristen where our Prince Charmings were. We laughed and said "Well... we don't have any!" And she said "Oh! Okay!" And then we took a picture :rotfl2: oh life.
dsc05070p.jpg

After Sleeping Beauty, we moseyed on back to Morocco to meet my FAVORITES: Aladdin :lovestruc and Jasmine! I really want to be Jasmine in Disney World someday (and Belle). It is my dream and current life goal. I hope I will be able to!

This was our longest wait for anything on our whole trip (minus one dining mix-up that comes later) and it was about 30-40 minutes. Not too bad, but not quick and speedy. However, considering who it was, this was an absolutely necessary wait! They roped off the line literally 5 minutes after they came outside. Good thing we were there early!

A nice girl from Louisiana stood in front of us in line. She really wanted to meet the characters, but her boyfriend wasn't interested. So, he went to the UK to get some drinks and she stayed to meet Aladdin and Jasmine! That's a true disney goer right there! I actually told her about disboards because she would really enjoy this site if she checked it out.. but she probably forgot. One day she'll come across it I bet!

Aladdin and Jasmine were all bundled up because it was a little chilly out. They were real precious. Vick's conversation with them? To Jasmine: "Hi you're really pretty." To Aladdin: "Hi, you're really cute." :lmao:
dsc0187iq.jpg

So then we had exactly enough time to make it from Morocco to the Land Pavilion! So we booked it and headed to our dinner reservation which was at 5:40!
dsc0188au.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Yayy!!! :cool1: Another update!!! I am lovingg this so much it's just great. popcorn:: I like how we each have our thing: me-the food, Vick- the princesses, you- taking AWESOME pictures and pulling us all together to make the complete set of us frumpy Disney sisters :laughing: But I LOVE it!! :yay: Can't wait for another one! But I'm glad it's not going too fast because we need to drag this thing out foreverr :) So I can keep reliving every little bit of it :cloud9: Yay yay :goodvibes

Katy Perry and Snow White looking alike! :rotfl: I wonder who would have the longer line to meet at Epcot.

Great character pictures! That's a lot of princesses for one morning.

I am loving this trip report so far! :goodvibes

I'm playing around with staying club level on our trip in September, so I'm definitely looking forward to hearing all about your experience at the Yacht Club!

You are doing a great job on this TR! It brings a smile to face everytime I read an update...you all look like you're just having the best time. These are memories you'll be sharing with your children in the future......:thumbsup2

I'm following along too.:thumbsup2 Awesome TR so far, you young ladies sound like a riot!!!

great update!! It looked like you got a ton of great character pics!! How long were the lines?? They always seemed so long when we were there in Dec!!

Can't wait to hear more!

The lines really weren't bad at all! The only characters we waited more than about 5 minutes for was Aladdin and Jasmine, but they were sooo worth it! :lovestruc And we definitely are a riot! :rotfl2: We just go CRAZYYY when it comes to Disney World. :laughing: We all love it soo much. :goodvibes

Yayy!!! :cool1: Another update!!! I am lovingg this so much it's just great. popcorn:: I like how we each have our thing: me-the food, Vick- the princesses, you- taking AWESOME pictures and pulling us all together to make the complete set of us frumpy Disney sisters :laughing: But I LOVE it!! :yay: Can't wait for another one! But I'm glad it's not going too fast because we need to drag this thing out foreverr :) So I can keep reliving every little bit of it :cloud9: Yay yay :goodvibes

We are just a family :hug: It all evens out so well! And haha I will try and drag it out as much as I can but I love updating it. It's so fun! It's a reward for getting all of my homework done lol.

Katy Perry and Snow White looking alike! :rotfl: I wonder who would have the longer line to meet at Epcot.

Great character pictures! That's a lot of princesses for one morning.

Hahaha good thought! I'd say both of them are pretty famous :worship:
And I know! We just found everybody! It was like character prime time apparently!

I am loving this trip report so far! :goodvibes

I'm playing around with staying club level on our trip in September, so I'm definitely looking forward to hearing all about your experience at the Yacht Club!

Thank you! And oh that's great! If you can work it into your budget I would say definitely go for it because we had a fantastic experience with it! We loved everything about it :thumbsup2

You are doing a great job on this TR! It brings a smile to face everytime I read an update...you all look like you're just having the best time. These are memories you'll be sharing with your children in the future......:thumbsup2

Aww thank you so much! :) I'm so glad! And yes I'm sure we will, they will probably love to hear about all of our fun and funny little adventures :upsidedow

This looks like a fun trip to tag along with! ;)

Going back to read now!

I hope you enjoy it! We DEFINITELY had lots of fun!!

I'm following along too.:thumbsup2 Awesome TR so far, you young ladies sound like a riot!!!

hahaha thank you! I hope you enjoy reading along!

great update!! It looked like you got a ton of great character pics!! How long were the lines?? They always seemed so long when we were there in Dec!!

Can't wait to hear more!

Yes we were very into finding the characters on this trip... expect many more! And the lines weren't bad at all... for characters or lines for rides or anything! It was a really good time of the year to go for crowd levels.

Chapter 6: Garden Grill
January 14th, 2011

Our first Dinner Reservation of the trip was at the Garden Grill! We arrived right on time at exactly 5:40. Talk about punctual!

dsc05118f.jpg

We checked in, got our buzzer, and in less than 3 minutes we were seated. We got seated at a table on the bottom floor facing the outside, so at this seat you are much more aware of the rotation. Last time I was there I was on the second floor and it didn't feel like we were moving at all to me! This time it did, but both experiences were cool!

And I suppose it is about time for some more... FOOD PICTURES!

First off are our drinks. Nothing really too fancy, except Kristen and I decided to try the new Strawberry Pomegranate (?) Lemonade! Not too bad, a little too sweet if you drink too much of it. Well, that's what I think anyways. I basically only drink water though haha.

dsc05076i.jpg

Next came the Salad and Bread, which we forgot to take pictures of! I am so sorry about that!

But, we DO have pictures of the main feast, which is much more important anyways.

There was beef, which was delicious! And underneath was mashed potatoes.
dsc05079h.jpg

And some yummy turkey and stuffing, which has cranberry chutney near it on the plate.
dsc05080m.jpg

And also the Fish of the Day... which was Mahi Mahi. And there were mixed vegetables, too.
dsc05081tb.jpg

Our waiter was Felipe from Columbia, and he was great! We caught sight of the kid offerings that other tables were getting, and we asked if we could get some of the kid food, too. And he brought some to us! It was so nice!

On that plate there was Chicken, Broccoli, and Sweet Potato Fries. And there was ALSO Macaroni and Cheese... with goldfish in it! Yum, Yum, Yum, and YUM!
dsc05085ok.jpg

dsc05086d.jpg

Also, Vickie has a mild shrimp allergy, and the people at Garden Grill were SO nice about this. They sent the chef out at the beginning of the meal to check and see what she could and could not have, and they made her her own little plate of food that didn't get near any fish. Disney really is so great about watching out for allergies. They go above and beyond, and it really makes the guests feel safe!

We were stuffed, but of course there was still dessert on it's way!

Felipe was so nice and brought us the kids dessert AND the adult dessert. And oh my gosh, I am SO glad he did. The child's dessert is "Mickey Mousse" and it was one of our absolute favorites from the whole entire trip. It was like heaven on a plate. It was cookies and cream mousse with 2 oreos as the Mickey ears, all on top of a brownie. Wow!! If you go to Garden Grill, make SURE you ask for this, even if there aren't kids at the table!
dsc05090s.jpg

dsc0195n.jpg

And there was Apple Crisp too, which is another favorite dessert of mine. This restaurant just was outstanding all around. (Warning... Frump Picture Below)
dsc05092p.jpg

YUM!

And wait, there's more!! Don't forget, the Garden Grill is a Character Meal! So we got to visit with even more Disney friends that day!

First was Mickey Mouse! We offered him some of our food because we were so full, but he said he was watching his figure. :lmao: Oh Mickey, you're beautiful just the way you areee.
dsc0189h.jpg

dsc0199e.jpg

dsc0193qw.jpg

Then came Pluto.
dsc0190ud.jpg

He's My Favorite :lovestruc
dsc0191jy.jpg

And Chip.
img2367l.jpg

dsc0198f.jpg

dsc0197lw.jpg

And Dale!
dsc0194pb.jpg

We had great interaction with all of the characters. They spent a good amount of time with us, we had plenty of space to greet them and not feel all crowded in, and some of them even came back to visit us multiple times!

Kristen and I also kept track of our Dining Experiences, and for the Garden Grill:
Food: FANTASTIC! 5/5
Service: Felipe was awesome for bringing us the kid food, and we were seated so fast! 5/5
Overall Experience: Excellent! Everything about it was perfect! 5/5

So, as you can see, we had a great time at the Garden Grill, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun character meal with delicious food! It was my favorite meal of the whole entire trip! :)

Continued in Next Post

Yay Yay YAY for another update!!!! :banana: I absolutely LOVED the Garden Grill it was the best meal of the whole trip!!! :thumbsup2 Felipe was great, our table was great, the chracters were awesome, and the FOOD....:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: MMMMMMMM :lovestruc That Mickey Mousse was the best! :) I love the WARNING: Frump Picture Below :rotfl2: yes, that's me, I'm the frump eating the apple crisp out of the pan...hey, it was good okay?? :laughing: I love this update and I am definitely going back to Garden Grill in August :worship: The fish was Mahi Mahi, by the way, and the stuff with the turkey was cranberry chutney, not sauce. :snooty: Call me a food snob, but I was raised to know the difference! :teacher: Hahaha. :rotfl2: Oh and also don't forget that there was stuffing with that turkey as well! :) It was just completely delicious and filling and YUM. Thanks everyone for following along with us!! Can't wait for another update princess! princess:

Garden Grill looks like such a good time! AND DELICIOUS FOOD! I love comfort food like turkey, mac & cheese and mashed potatoes. :goodvibes

I love yall's pictures with the characters. Yall just look SO happy!

I love it all!! You are doing a great job :hug: It is so nice to put pictures and stories together with the texts you were sending me :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter