The problem with Samsung

Domo

Wotcha
Let me begin this with a confession: I'm an Apple fanboy. NOT an Apple apologist.

AND I am a fan of Android. I prefer Apple, but Android gets a thumbs up from me too :)

Thing is, there are so many phones and tablets from Samsung, with and without styluses, I get confused as to what's what. At least with Apple you have two options - the expensive one (iPhone XS) and the cheaper one (iPhone XR).

Yes I am aware that there are tonnes of previous items out there. I'm talking about current models. I could be mistaken, but the ads don't make things easy.

I think the iPhone 8 is still considered a current model.

I think the iPhone 8 is still considered a current model.

They also list the iPhone 7 on their web site. I may have to eat my own words! But you understand where I'm coming from? In terms of up-to-date phones, it's just the XS and XR now, not even the X would class as current as far as I'm concerned.

They also list the iPhone 7 on their web site. I may have to eat my own words! But you understand where I'm coming from? In terms of up-to-date phones, it's just the XS and XR now, not even the X would class as current as far as I'm concerned.

It's kind of complicated. I remember way back when Apple used to have this really disciplined setup where a product was announced and available the same day. Nobody in retail except maybe Apple Store managers knew about it. Manufacturing contractors were sworn to secrecy, although occasionally there would be leaks. Retailers would find out about it and make their orders immediately. I believe they would take back any old stock, but some stores kept them and might have sold them at a discount.

But these days they seem to have a bit of overlap where they keep selling older models, compared to how they used to immediately discontinue them. There was no upgrade to the 8, but I think Apple considers the XS and XR a different product than the 8. The 8 is really a successor to the 7, which was the successor to the 6S. It's kind of convoluted, but I believe the iPhone 8 is still considered the latest product of its type. Don't know if that makes any sense, but that's my take.

Ha, thank you!

Apple have a habit of playing around with versions. They came out with OS X - their operating system. It soon dawned on them that they needed and update... hence 10.1. Then they had code names, naming every release after a big cat. But then they ran out of cats. Now they're on land marks. And eventually they'll run out of those too!

.....:scratchin hmmmmm, wonder if my current phone needs updating...

macam-macam-alatkomunikasi-tradisional.png

....I tend to have trouble making long-distance calls.

I'm having the opposite problem. I'm a Samsung person, but I'm married to an Apple person. His old phone is acting up and I want to get a new one for Christmas, but the choices are dizzying. He's not a techie, and he doesn't take pictures aside from an occasional bar code or item number at work, so I'm finding it difficult to pay $1000 for a new phone.

I'm having the opposite problem. I'm a Samsung person, but I'm married to an Apple person. His old phone is acting up and I want to get a new one for Christmas, but the choices are dizzying. He's not a techie, and he doesn't take pictures aside from an occasional bar code or item number at work, so I'm finding it difficult to pay $1000 for a new phone.

I love my iPhone and all, but when you get right down to it, all I really want is a phone for cripes sake. Maybe a text device. Not something that controls the International Space Station.

The beauty with Android is that there are a lot of choices out there and you do not need to buy brand new. I just upgraded my phone, after 2 years, to a refurbished phone I bought on eBay. It is one of those rugged phones (Kyocera DuraForce Pro) and it has almost no visible signs of wear because it is so tough (screen is flawless). Anyway, it cost me $125, is a significant upgrade over my previous version, and it is still being sold as new from Verizon for about $500. There is just no need to spend $1000 on an Android phone. It may be outdated in two years, but that would probably be the case with the $1000 phone too, so I think it's a great way to go.

The beauty with Android is that there are a lot of choices out there and you do not need to buy brand new. I just upgraded my phone, after 2 years, to a refurbished phone I bought on eBay. It is one of those rugged phones (Kyocera DuraForce Pro) and it has almost no visible signs of wear because it is so tough (screen is flawless). Anyway, it cost me $125, is a significant upgrade over my previous version, and it is still being sold as new from Verizon for about $500. There is just no need to spend $1000 on an Android phone. It may be outdated in two years, but that would probably be the case with the $1000 phone too, so I think it's a great way to go.
I agree- it's the iphone I need to purchase and even the 6s is still $500. I love the flexibility of Android, but he's die hard Apple, so that's what I'm shopping for.

I agree- it's the iphone I need to purchase and even the 6s is still $500. I love the flexibility of Android, but he's die hard Apple, so that's what I'm shopping for.

Oops, I flipped around who was the Android person. You gotta get him to convert!

I miss Windows phones.

Interface wise, Ubuntu based phones were the best, but hardware wise they sucked.

meizu-x4-ubuntu-phone-100586172-large.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter