The Running Thread—2023

Herding_Cats

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the 2023 Edition of the Running Thread!

We talk all things running (and some things not!).. and of course, we throw in some Disney too.

ALL runners are welcome to share, read, chat and encourage. We are a supportive community and welcome all to join! The group ranges from brand new runners to Boston Qualifiers & ultra-marathoners; there is a virtual seat for everyone- don't be shy to jump in!

We will post periodic "Questions of the Day" (QOTD) and encourage everyone to participate. Please also feel free to share upcoming races and post-race reports.

Without further ado.... let's get this thread running!

Let's do this!

Yay for 2023! Thanks for the new thread.

ATTQOTD: Finishing my first Dopey (and second marathon in crazy heat) for sure! I almost forgot I did every 5K at Disney World in 2022, too. I'm also super proud of continuing to run between training cycles. I had never successfully stuck to that before.

Last edited:

In for the right year this time! Last year I kept watching 2021 wondering why everyone stopped posting 😂

ATTQOTD
Thrilled that I kept my goal of 5 days a week (except for scheduled vacations) and one week last month nursing an overused calf getting ready for MW.
Best running accomplishment of the year, keeping a July streak of at least 5 miles a day smashing my monthly PR with 175 miles
Hope everyone has a great 2023!

ATTQOTD: running a 4:18 marathon at the end of my Ironman is top of the list. I could have run faster, but I couldn’t have run it any better or more under control. Second on the list is running through the Dubai summer and only resorting to a handful of runs on the treadmill.

ATTQOTD: 2022 was not a great running year for me. I started out stupid injured and still finished MW. I guess my best moment was running the Hotlanta Half the day after my dad died. I was hoping to get proof of time for a better coral at this years MW. The weather was right up there for hotlanta and the emotions of the weekend got the better of me. I slowed down, walked most of the last 5k but I finished, no POT, but Dadday would have been proud that I finished.

ATTQOTD: This is a tough one, as 2022 wasn't a great running year for me. I had my first ever DNF during Blackbeard's Revenge 100, which was bitterly disappointing after the amount of work that went into training for it. I'll have to look past that disappointment for my top accomplishment of the years though. While I didn't finish, I did set a new distance PR of 76 miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter