The Running Thread - 2018

The only specific drink tradition is sharing a cherry coke from coke corner with my daughter. I usually just drink water in the parks, hardly ever alcohol even in the parks that sell it. Soda in general is too damn pricey plus don’t need the sugar.

Breakfast: Jungle Juice (Rainforest Cafe), Leilani juice (Kona Cafe), Moonshine (Trail’s Inn) or whatever they call it at other restaurants. Mixture of orange, mango, passion fruit juices, I think.
Lunch: chocolate milkshake at Sci Fi or 50’s Prime Time, water, or sweet tea.
Dinner: Sweet tea, because I’m from Georgia, duh.
Always a fan of free iced water throughout the day. And we got a free slushee at the place next to Test Track on our anniversary. Always love stuff fo’ free!

Breakfast: Jungle Juice (Rainforest Cafe), Leilani juice (Kona Cafe), Moonshine (Trail’s Inn) or whatever they call it at other restaurants. Mixture of orange, mango, passion fruit juices, I think.
Lunch: chocolate milkshake at Sci Fi or 50’s Prime Time, water, or sweet tea.
Dinner: Sweet tea, because I’m from Georgia, duh.
Always a fan of free iced water throughout the day. And we got a free slushee at the place next to Test Track on our anniversary. Always love stuff fo’ free!

Where are you finding sweet tea on property?

I should have mentioned that I rarely drink at WDW since I have to drive home. That pink drink is for special occasions. I'm mostly a free cups of iced water type of girl or Starbucks.

Homecomin' has the best IMO. They have sweet tea at most resort food courts. I believe Olivias also has Sweet Tea at OKW.

I knew Homecomin' had it. I can't remember the last time I've been to a resort food court. Last time I was in one all they had was Peak (Gold Peak???) and it was sweetened ice tea not real sweet tea.

I knew Homecomin' had it. I can't remember the last time I've been to a resort food court. Last time I was in one all they had was Peak (Gold Peak???) and it was sweetened ice tea not real sweet tea.
Yeah its Gold Peak. Your best bet is Homecomin' for real stuff.

ATTQOTD: So many to choose from but if I need to pick one or two...

Coffee: Not a favorite, a necessity!

Non alcoholic: Dole Whip Float and Frozen Sunshine from Beaches and Cream

Alcoholic: African Margarita from Dawa Bar in AK

Finally got to run in weather that’ll be closer to the Dark Side Half. I’ve mainly been running in 30, 40, 50 degrees. Today’s high was 81. I ran when it was about 78 out. Humidity is still a lot lower then it’ll be in WDW though.

@Bree and @rteetz Homecoming does have good sweet tea, but if you ask, some of the other signature restaurants will give you unsweetened tea with a sugary syrup so you can make it sweet (because sugar won’t dissolve) to your liking. Flying Fish was the last restaurant where I dined last trip, and they accommodated quite well!

First of all, to contribute to the discussion...

ATTQOTD: Island Sunset at the Polynesian...just had the Schweitzer Falls from Trader Sam’s (non-alcoholic), liked that too. And the Voilet Lemonade from Flower & Garden festival (also non-alcoholic).

At Disneyland, the Neverland Tea and Melrose from Cove Bar (RIP, *sob*).
CONGRATULATIONS @Ariel484! I'm so excited for you!
Thank you!! :)
View attachment 315920
@Ariel484 congrats! Here’s hoping your dog at least acknowledges the existence of your baby. Our beagle refused to even look at all three of our kids when they came home from the hospital!
Seriously, that picture is the dream right there. I have a feeling ours will just bark and bark and then collapse of shock.

Thanks for the congrats!!
I think it can take about 3 weeks for a dog to adjust for a new addition. I'm sure he'll be protective of the baby eventually (or when he learns he can get free food from him!)
I hope so! We’re going to start working with a trainer next month and I’m expecting the first few weeks to be rough (in many ways) but we’re hopeful!
congrats @Ariel484! speaking of diaper dash - things you don't hear everyday: got in an elevator on our cruise last month with a couple holding a cute little baby dressed in a marvel superhero onesie talking about how much fun "it was". i said " what a cutie. did you race that baby"? They said, yep, three heats and finished second each time. Hopefully we will win next time.

so that became our little joke throughout the cruise everytime we saw a baby "you think that's a racing baby"?
Thank you!! If we make it onto a cruise when the kiddo is still crawling, we will totally go for Jack Jack’s Diaper Dash. I would love that.
Congrats @Ariel484 and great job continuing those workouts.

I had three great nieces/nephew at my house last night for a family celebration. Two of them are right at 6 months old and I was holding my great niece and it was so awesome. She's all plump and soft and her little head just smelled so lovely. My shoulder was completely soaked in saliva by the end as she's teething and was gumming away at my shoulder most of the time. Babies are amazing and beautiful and wonderful and exhausting and frustrating and simply miraculous. Enjoy!

I hope monster pup falls instantly in love!
Thank you!! We’re very excited and nervous (I think I’m more nervous than Mr. A is). I know it’ll be great!

I hope the monster falls in love too. It’s just been the 3 of us for 8 years so he’s in for a huge shock. I’m not sure how happy he’ll be to have to share us with someone else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter