The Running Thread--2024

I don't usually play in the miles per month game, but i am going to today. I managed two runs in Feb for a total of 4.7 miles. Normally that would make me sad, and the 0 running miles in Jan does make me sad. 4.7 in Feb means i am slowly starting to get back there.

I still have two more shots on one day in my knee in April. The dr said it would be uncomfortable, so it is going to hurt like a mother trucker. My knee is ok. i am going slow and not pushing the intervals, following the PT recommendations. I am getting my strength training in. I am still making that a focus.

My mom moved from skilled nursing/rehab to assisted living yesterday. I did not sleep last night i was so worried. She is wheelchair bound and definitely struggling with fact that she cannot do the things she used to. I am hoping the living situation helps her relax. I am hoping after this week and she is settled, i am going to get some sleep. The skilled nursing facility has been horrible. You would not believe the run around i got on wed before her discharge on thursday. Then they did not have any of the equipment she required at the assisted living. Those important things being her own wheelchair, oxygen concentrator, and oxygen tank.

That’s a lot of salt and water to replace during a run or a ride, which is why I try to keep myself topped up so I'm not starting out at a deficit.
Floridian here, chiming in to second that. I don’t typically add salt to my food because I just don’t like the taste, and I eat very little processed food - so my normal diet reads a lot like a low-sodium diet. Many years ago, my doctor told me to up my salt intake in whatever way I can stand in the hot months because I lose SO much - that usually ends up being a little sprinkling of salt on fresh veggies and pre-gaming with Tailwind before runs. I still end up at the low end of normal, but it’s better than below normal!

46.91 miles in Feb.

So, going to do AK with DW on Sunday. We want to do EE, the pandora ride, and the safari ride. What else does everyone recommend?

Is Tough to be a Bug still open? If so, catch it before it goes. I love all the people freaking out at being poked in the back or butt by all the insects.

Also, Festival of Lion King is good. Be prepared with your animal noises.

Feb Miles

It's been a rough month. Sick the first week and sick this past week. The last time my February mileage was so low was Feb 2020 when I got a mystery virus....

I decided to defer the NYC Half since I haven't been able to train at all. My youngest son is also scheduled to get his tonsils out next Friday and I was worried his recovery would be too stressful in the week leading up to the race. Hoping I can run it next year!

Also pretty much settled on doing Princess weekend next year as part of family trip. Still TBD if anyone will run with me.

February 2024
0.0 Miles

I have my 6 week follow up on Tuesday with my surgeon. Hopefully she will clear me to leisurely walk around the neighborhood. I am going bonkers.
I wish you the best of luck with your upcoming follow-up visit. It is so frustrating wanting to run and having to hold yourself back. I remember last year when I had to wait eight freaking weeks before I could run.

Any thoughts on when rD will announce this summer's virtual series theme? I'm tracking signup later this month (according to at least one blog), but no theme yet!

February miles: 82.4 miles

@garneska Hope that your mother gets settled in and feels good about her care, that your knee continues to heal so that you can run comfortably again, and life gets easier for you.

@pluto377 Hope your son gets through his surgery successfully and with little pain.

@Mr_Incr3dible Do it ALL. If you get there at rope drop, you can probably get into Flight of Passage, then Navi River with little wait. Then you can head to the Safari while most of the animals are active. Most of the other rides and shows (including EE) don’t get terribly long, or have up and down times. The animal paths are also tremendous fun: Gorillas, tigers, kangaroos, cotton top tamarins, bats aardvarks, lemurs, and naked mole rats, and so much more.
Take the train to Rafiki’s Planet and pet some goats, sheep, pigs, donkeys, and the Piney Woods cow. (The alpaca died🥲) If you are there on Tuesday, you can often see a vet procedure through the observation window. I saw a lioness get her teeth cleaned once. And you can take the animation class if you want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter