The TRIP of all Trips... Ana's MAW PTR... *TR STARTED* Link- Post #1901 Pg. 127

I had to do some errands earlier... sorry!

Well I'm a bit slow to the dance here Tim, but I'm happy to be here. Your princess is such a beautiful girl, and I hope you enjoy every dance with her for years to come. What an ordeal you and Mel have gone through, but so glad that she is doing well. Looking forward to reading more.
Well thanks for joining! Juliana is a strong little girl and she really amazes us. We did go through a scary time but it is getting easier for us and for Juliana too.

Oh, yeah, and just so you know, I'm now officially :mad: that you picked Barry as your arch nemesis... just because he brought it up first. Sheesh. But since I can't be your arch nemesis, perhaps I'll be your crime fighting co-hort dedicated to wringing out the evil eminating from the northern midwestern bovine territories. (Just don't count on me to wear tights and have snappy little bubbles coming up from my mouth with inane sayings like, holy cats Tim, or shazzam, or anything like that - a Boy Wonder to your Batman I am NOT).
Now you are on my side... the DISNEY historian himself! I'm sure your 'POWERS' will come in handy! I kinda like shazzam! :lmao::lmao:

We will conquer that chesseball eating, disney driving, 'Timmy' calling Badger!!!!

But seriously, I hope that your dates work out as you'd like - and of course, that they work out so you can be there at the same time as other DIS Dad's... who didn't get a chance to meet you in person, but were so very close... gee, I can't imagine who it might be. Hmmm.
Hummmmmm can you remind who that was again?

I really do hope that December is going to work out. :surfweb:

DF Actual, Eagle One One...IN...over.

popcorn::popcorn::

Tim,

I got to give it to Juliana....one tough kid:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Fed, you are cleared for landing!!!!!

Juliana is a very tough kid! She is a trooper!

Tim, no matter how many times I hear Ana's story, it never fails to amaze me at what a strong, tough, brave and beautiful little girl she is. Looking forward to following another PTR/TR for your family!
Thanks for joining Julia!

:welcome:

Did you/are you doing a TR for your last trip? Did I miss something (probably not too hard for me! LOL)?

The story and video of your little princess made me cry! How scary to go through something like that. So glad she has been cancer free. She is so beautiful!
I'm going to go check out your last Trip report too!:thumbsup2
I watch that video of Juliana all the time. It is so scary that our seemingly heathy daughter had something so horrible growing inside of her.

Thanks for joining in... more planning to come!

I followed over here from Kathy's PTR as well....wow...I'm bawling! I have an almost 3 year old and I cannot even FATHOM what you and your wife, and your daughter! went through. Praise God she has been on the road of recovery! What a precious girl you have...I think I need to go kiss my baby one more time. :goodvibes

Looking forward to more!
Thanks for stopping by! Kathy really did pimp this out didn't she? :rotfl:

We are so thankful that our pediatrician found this. The longer it stayed inside her, the faster and bigger it would have grown. Also it would of had a bigger chance of spreading to other organs.

Give your 3 yr old another great big hug tomorrow. :hug: :goodvibes

I'm here!
Hello! :wave2: Thanks for coming!!!!

Yes, she did have a nephrectomy. When she was diagnosed she was almost 5 and their oncologist told them she was on the old side to get it.

I told Lianne (my co-worker) that I was following your PTR and she wants me to give her a de-brief every morning....she is such a sweetheat!
I am so glad to hear that she is doing well. Do you know if she is on any special diet? Can she drink alcohol? Is there any life difference between her and a 'normal' adult? Sorry... just wondering. These are thoughts that we ask her doctor sometimes. It would be nice to hear it from someone who has went through it.

I completely understand! No special diet, however, she does need to watch her weight because they want to alleviate high blood pressure, but she can drink alcohol in moderation. She had a great time at her brother's wedding in May, had a couple of glasses of wine, danced with her hubby and then line danced with her two children....it actually brought a tear to my eye. We so often take for granted when we have healthy children that it makes you take a step back and realize how fortunate one really is! Oh, she did ask me to ask you something and sent me an email at work but I forgot to print it off....I will send it home tomorow!

They are also proud DVC owners, their home resort is Old Key West. They actually live on the east coast of Canada and her mom and dad live in central Canada so they all meet there....their happy place!!! Both her parents are actually retiring next March and moving back to Nova Scotia so they can all be together again. It's hard when a job takes you away from your loved ones!

Hey Tim!
Come over from Kathy's PTR ... even though I read your families story from your first TR, I had to read it again.

All I can say is Juliana is a beautiful and strong little girl. How blessed you are to all have each other.

I will be following along on this one!
Janet

I completely understand! No special diet, however, she does need to watch her weight because they want to alleviate high blood pressure, but she can drink alcohol in moderation. She had a great time at her brother's wedding in May, had a couple of glasses of wine, danced with her hubby and then line danced with her two children....it actually brought a tear to my eye. We so often take for granted when we have healthy children that it makes you take a step back and realize how fortunate one really is! Oh, she did ask me to ask you something and sent me an email at work but I forgot to print it off....I will send it home tomorrow!

I'm glad she is on a normal diet... and she isn't restricted to eating hummus daily or something like that! LOL I'm sure if someone with one kidney became an alcoholic they would have some serious problems. It is good that she is able to enjoy a glass of wine or two.

They are also proud DVC owners, their home resort is Old Key West. They actually live on the east coast of Canada and her mom and dad live in central Canada so they all meet there....their happy place!!! Both her parents are actually retiring next March and moving back to Nova Scotia so they can all be together again. It's hard when a job takes you away from your loved ones!
Nice!!! I can only wish I could own DVC. Old Key West is beautiful!

Hey Tim!
Come over from Kathy's PTR ... even though I read your families story from your first TR, I had to read it again.

All I can say is Juliana is a beautiful and strong little girl. How blessed you are to all have each other.

I will be following along on this one!
Janet
Thanks for joining!!!!

We are blessed to have Juliana and are doubly blessed that she is going so well!

Now we have to talk Kathy into making a trip to the BIG city!

I'm glad she is on a normal diet... and she isn't restricted to eating hummus daily or something like that! LOL

I caught that! And unless you want another "Timmy" calling bandit on your hands....:lmao:

Fed, you are cleared for landing!!!!!

Juliana is a very tough kid! She is a trooper!

Copy Direct...Eagle One One...out.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Who's side am I on anyway...I was always the fat kid getting picked last when I was younger (though I made up for it later)...but still, some scars run deep:rotfl2:

Who's side am I on anyway...I was always the fat kid getting picked last when I was younger (though I made up for it later)...but still, some scars run deep:rotfl2:

Let your conscience be your guide...

Then come to my side. We have cookies.:thumbsup2

Then come to my side. We have cookies.:thumbsup2

I think Fed, you know that you are on the right side with Tim. Barry's just trying to bribe you.

If cookies are wrong, then I don't want to be right. :thumbsup2

Cookies are never wrong, I just think Fed would appreciate a nice, tall COLD ONE more. And I'm sure that Tim will be happy to provide Fed with something like that more than just some stale cookies. I know I would if Tim doesn't want to - but hey, when Tim says he does, then Fed is doubly taken care of.

Along for the ride! I had my Wish trip to Disney when I was 10! My husband and I were able to visit last December and I loved being able to show him around Give Kids the World Village. It has changed so much in the last 13 years! We also got married in front of the chapel!

Your story is very touching and I cannot imagine what you and your wife went through. Coming from a patient point of view, even when her being so young, it's just as hard to watch your parents go thru an illness of a child, as it is to be the ill child. I'm so glad to hear she doing amazing now! :)

Finally made it over...I'm sitting here wiping tears away. Wow...what you and Melody (and Ana) have been through. I knew a little of her history, but thanks for taking the time to give us the whole story. It must have been hard to re-live it. :hug:

Thanks for joining Julia!

:welcome:

Did you/are you doing a TR for your last trip? Did I miss something (probably not too hard for me! LOL)?

I am doing one, but haven't started a thread yet. I'm trying to type it all out in Word before school starts back so that it'll be easier for me to post regular updates. Otherwise I know I'd get about halfway through and then get busy and it would stall out for months. I'll let you know when I start it, though! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter