The Trip With An Abundance of Steven, A WDW Jan '23 TR ***Completed 8/8***

What didn’t you like about the tomatoes? Just curious since I’ve never had them and they at least *looked* good!
Tbh, I think the main reason I didn't like the tomatoes is because I don't like tomatoes. I know that sounds like a very "well, duh" moment but I've had fried green tomatoes on my burger at D-Luxe and I thought they were tasty then, but this time it was a nope.

The table next to us also ordered the tomatoes and nearly licked their plate clean. So I think it was very much an "us" issue and not a "bad dish" issue.

Following along:earsgirl:
I always try to look for gators when visiting Disney and never have any luck. How lucky to see one after arriving in Orlando! Also, Saratoga Springs resort is SO confusing!!! Many years ago we got so lost there trying to find the boat to Disney Springs.
Way back in the day (like 2015) a cast member told us about how there were ridiculous amounts of gators in the Seven Seas Lagoon and how they walk across the roads at night so gator roadkill is very common in the area and since that EXACT moment in time, I have been on a constant look out for a gator. And this was the first time we've ever seen one. It was magical.

I truly forgot how large and in charge Saratoga is, but I'm really glad we aren't alone in getting lost trying to find those stinkin' boats!

Looks like you girls are having a great time!
We did! It was an absolutely great (but tiring) week!
giphy.gif

Yep, this was us our first few times🤣 Saratoga is big, even bigger when you don't have any idea where you got turned around, in the heat, trying to get to a reservation, but unable -to-find-the-boats which you know are there somewhere!
Once we found the boats things were much better. The refurb also seems well done. Love your trip reports!
I completely undersized the resort in my memories from the last time we stayed there. You would think they would make the boats a little easier to find instead of hiding them like an obscure Easter Egg Hunt. The refurb was so nice! The only thing I was a bit disappointed on was I think the bathtubs were better before!
And thank you, I really appreciate that!
giphy.gif

Yours is the kind of TR that makes me never want to write TRs again because it's so good. Looking forward to reading more :goodvibes
Oh man! That is such an honor! Thank you so much!
giphy.gif

Such a fun start to your trip! Looking forward to reading more. :)
Thank you! It was a very fun start to the trip, and honestly, the trip only gets more fun from here.
giphy.gif

Joining in! We were there the same week.:flower1:
Thank you! I just caught up on your report! How fun that we were there the same time! It was a great week.
giphy.gif

Day 2
January 23, 2023
"You Left Half Of Your Hair Behind"

I was up with my alarm at 6:30 the next, with plans for Mel and to leave for Hollywood Studios by 8:15.

Mel, on the other hand?

giphy.gif

By 8, both of us were ready to go. You read that right, a full 15 minutes early.

Mel ordered us a Lyft (we were already burned by Disney transportation once and it was only Monday. We hold a grudge) and a few minutes later, Winder- yes, that was his name- was zigging and zagging us towards Hollywood Studios. Winder understood how a GPS worked, unlike John from our last trip, and dropped us off at HS about 10 or so minutes later.

The Skyliner was down this trip- not like we would be using it anyway but they took that entire option away from me. How ruuuude.

Security was easy peasy for one of us- Mel was pulled aside like a criminal as usual and frisked just for fun.

Welcome to Hollywood!

Mel and I have never made it to a park open, ever. And this time? HS wasn’t scheduled to open until 8:30, but Early Entry for resort guests from 8-8:30.

Mel and I scanned into the park at 8:29. Yes, yes please hold your gasps and applause. Your eyes are not deceiving you. Mel and I made it not only to park open but ALSO technically to Early Entry. Are Mel and I now the 9th wonder of the world?
Small quick side note that is neither small nor quick:

Mel has been having a lot of increasingly prevalent medical issues the past couple of months that have made it difficult for her to walk or stand for extended periods of time. A couple of weeks before our trip, we had talked about renting an ECV for Mel and whether or not we should opt to rent one straight from the parks or to outsource.

Here were our thoughts:

Renting an ECV directly from the parks meant we didn’t have to worry about getting the ECV to and from a park since we really (and I do mean really) don’t like taking the Disney buses and were unsure how to make sure our Lyft could accommodate us. I knew some Minnie vans could fit an ECV but I had read that you need to attempt to book them a couple hours in advance and then they come pick you up whenever the heck they feel like it.

But also, the park ECV’s could sell out and that was worrisome. And you are threatened to be tarred and feathered if you take the ECV out of said park.

Outsourcing our ECV rental meant we could ensure we would have an ECV for Mel but as I just rambled on about, we were worried about getting the ECV from SS to a park.

Ultimately, Mel and I decided renting an ECV directly from the parks each day just made more sense for us in our situation. We were going to attempt (being the operative word here) to get to the parks early, and if for some ungodly reason ECVs were already sold out, Mel would put herself on the waitlist and take it easy until she would get the call/text that one was available.

Technically, Mel can walk some but in small bursts.

Anyway.

Now, Mel and I scurried over to the ECV rental as soon as we entered the parks.

Yes, you read that right. Mel and I rope dropped ECV rental.

Talk about being wild and crazy.

Our worries about the ECVs selling out early were non-existent when we saw the herd of ECVs that HS had to offer us.

Not as exciting as a herd of Highway Cows

Mel was given a quick instructional and then let loose to cause chaos at a top speed of about 3 mph.

Our first order of business out of the way, we headed towards our second order of business: Star Tours.

The standby wait was posted at 5 minutes and quickly changed to 10 and we ended up waiting just about that.

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again. I’ve never watched a single second of anything Star Wars. I have no idea who, what, where, when, why when it comes to the franchise.

I know Darth Vader, I know Kylo Ren. I’m familiar with Baby Yoda, Chewie, C-3PO (I had to google him to make sure that was right, lol), and the Storm Troopers. But that’s about it.

With that being said, let me tell you what scenes we got for our tour around the galaxy:

“Poked an octopus in the eye and got vital info about every day life from Lori Beth”

You’re welcome.

Not quite done with our Star Wars adventure, we headed into Star Wars Land (I still do not call it Galaxy’s Edge, or Black Spire Outpost (I don’t even know what that means), or Batuu).

Look at them, schmoozing the camera.

The limited edition Knicks Beep-Boop release.

We decided to take a quick stop at Milk ‘R Us (aka the Milk Stand) and opted to try one of each.

Blue Milk: “Plant-based blend of Coconut and Rice milk with alluring fruity characteristics.” $8.49

Green Milk: “Plant-based blend of Coconut and Rice milk with zippy citrus and tropical characteristics.” $8.49

I know a lot of people prefer the Blue milk, including Mel, but there was something about the Green milk that I thought was a little bit more pleasant. We both agreed that the Blue milk tasted like a creamy blue raspberry slushy; while the Green milk almost tasted like a melon flavored Japanese candy…but with milk. We wouldn’t rush back for either, but I did manage to finish the green.

Are those the Black Spires? Or are they just 💫rocks💫?

Now properly hydrated, Mel and I headed onto Smuggler’s Run to use a LL Mel had booked earlier in the morning. The standby line was posted at 40 minutes but we only had to wait around 15.

Who put wet frosted flakes in the wall? Steven!

We were engineers the last time we rode, and were hoping to reprise our outstanding roles this time around.

Of course we couldn’t be so lucky.

“Pilots,” our casting director bellowed, eyeing Mel and I up and down.

Mel and I feebly begged him to change his mind, but he was steadfast in his decision and ushered us forward.

“We’re the pilots now,” a group of roughly 7 year olds behind us demanded. “You fools are going to be engineers.”

giphy.gif

I mean, that’s not necessarily how the situation happened. They did ask if they could trade roles, and Mel and I happily accepted.

I would also like to say that during the entire ride, both of the 7 year olds screamed, demanded to be let out mid ride, and I think at least one of them soiled themselves. But they did let everyone know they had a great time and were excellent pilots the minute the ride stopped.

We also managed to bring up 2…coaxiums and scored about 9,000, which made us pirates.

I love being a pirate.

A pirate of what though? That part I still haven’t figured out.

We traversed over to Toy Story Land after for our next LL, TSMM.

But first, we got stopped by the armed guards. I guess they heard we were a couple of pirates and needed to be apprehended.

The crayon made a resounding argument.

***Coming up: A true miracle happens on TSMM***

Yes, you read that right. Mel and I rope dropped ECV rental.

Interesting choice!

A couple years ago I was having issues and had my gallbladder out a month before our trip and then ended up with pancreatitis the day before we left. I ended up renting an EVC and it totally saved the trip, as I could NOT have walked around those parks and enjoyed myself. I'm good now, but we rent one for my mom every trip and it's a lifesaver, but it is kind of a pain waiting for enough space on the bus to get on. We just make peace with it though since it's such a huge help.

Who put wet frosted flakes in the wall? Steven!

:rotfl:

Hilarious! I'll never be able to NOT see this! But who the heck is Steven??

A couple years ago I was having issues and had my gallbladder out a month before our trip and then ended up with pancreatitis the day before we left. I ended up renting an EVC and it totally saved the trip, as I could NOT have walked around those parks and enjoyed myself. I'm good now, but we rent one for my mom every trip and it's a lifesaver, but it is kind of a pain waiting for enough space on the bus to get on. We just make peace with it though since it's such a huge help.
Oh man, you definitely deserved an ECV during that trip- it seemed to be one thing after another! Mel was absolutely able to enjoy the trip and experience so much more than she would have sans ECV. Her renting one was absolutely the right choice.
I also really liked the fact that she could carry all of our water bottles and necessities (like extra snacks) on her little bike basket in the front.
Hilarious! I'll never be able to NOT see this! But who the heck is Steven??
HAHA
giphy.gif
So technically, Steven is the waiter we had back in 2022 at this British pub in Orlando. For some reason, we started mentioning him randomly and he ended up being a reoccurring punchline the entire week. Like if someone used flash on their phone during the Haunted Mansion, one of us would go "Steven, please! No flash photography!" Or on Expedition Everest, "Steven, you put the rest of the track back right now!"

Day 2, Part 2
January 23, 2023

Mel and I toddled on TSMM next, using a LL Mel had booked earlier in the day. The standby wait was posted as 75 minutes but thanks for our LL, we only had to wait around 10.

Speed demon dialed it up to 4 mph to zoom on ahead of me

We like to play a little game on any ride that has multiple options for ride vehicles- whether it be different characters, different color variations, or different names. We try to guess which option we think we are going to get. Both of us are usually bad at it.

For our first ride on TSMM, Mel chose Hamm, I chose Peep.

I think she cheated.

We battened down the hatches and prepared our plate smashers for battle.

I also prepared myself to lose to Mel, as per usual.

But this time? Oh man, oh man, oh man.

And the crowd goes wild!

Not only did I finally beat Mel, but I also scored Best In Car.

Who am I and what have I done with my normal self?

I thought this was really cute in the Dump Shop, but now that I look at it, I'm like .....this is the creepiest thing I've ever seen.

We had an Oga’s Cantina reservation at 10:45 so we headed back to a galaxy far, far away. Mel and I had an Oga’s reservation in DLR way, way back in 2020 but since we had an issue with our flight, I had to rearrange some reservations that ultimately had us kicking Oga to the curb. We never tried to get a reservation since but I figured now was the time.

I checked into Oga’s a little bit early and a single, solitary minute later I received our table ready text. Or rather, our bar spot ready text.

We were led right to the bar and belly-upped. I thought it actually was a fairly decent spot, since the guests next to us were all in their own conversations and everyone kind of minded their own business.

This is also how my turtle's tank looks about 94% of the time.

Mel and I both opted for the same drink- the Fuzzy Tauntaun.

Fuzzy Tauntaun: “Ciroc Peach Vodka, Bols Peach Schnapps Liqueur, Orange Juice with Tangerine, Pure Cane Sugar, and Buzz Button Tingling’ Foam.” $18

I thought the drink was tasty and very light- you could barely taste the alcohol. Or so I thought. I don’t know if it was because up until that point, I hadn’t eaten anything except for a couple of glasses of space milk, but about 15 minutes into our time at Oga’s I got violently hungry. Like ‘my stomach was gnawing away at itself’ level of hunger. Like ‘I would eat a Styrofoam plate’ level of hunger. I knew our next stop had to be a snack. Or else I may waste away to skin and bones right before everyone’s eyes.

I think Mel may have found the drink a bit stronger than I did because at one point she turned to me and stated, “My tongue is tingling. Why is it tingling? *pause* Is it the tongue tingling foam?”

Perhaps Mel, perhaps.

We finished up our drinks, paid our lovely bartender Benjamin, and I tried to tame my inner hunger demon for just a little while longer.

“Come back soon,” Benjamin quipped at us.

“If we can get reservations.”

“Forget reservations, just walk in like you won the place.”

Call me Oga.

I had placed a mobile order for Kat Saka’s at some point during our time at My Cantina for a couple of cold brews and popcorn, so Mel and I headed over there next.

I tapped the I’m Here button and spent a couple of minutes looking around before Kat and her Saka whistled me over and pelted me with my popcorn before shoo-ing me away.

We found a little planter edge and planter-ed ourselves on it to eat some popcorn and sip our coffee.

Cold Brew Black Caf: “Joffrey’s Coffee(™) Cold Brew topped with Sweet Cream Cheese and Chocolate Puffs.” $5.49

Outpost Popcorn Mix: “A colorful blend of Sweet and Spicy flavors.” $6.49

The cold brews were ok, but Mel ended up liking it better than me. I thought the chocolate puffs ended up being a less than favorable addition to the drink since whenever you tried to eat one, you got a mouthful of ice instead of a couple of puffs. The popcorn would also prove to be absolutely skippable for future trips (although it did tame the hunger demon inside my body for a while).

Me, when I skip a day shaving my legs.

A few handfuls of popcorn and facefuls of ice cubes later, Mel and I meandered on over to Rise to use a DAS reservation Mel had booked sometime earlier (probably during Oga’s). The posted standby line was listed at 110 minutes.

“A fine looking group of recruits!” the cast member guarding the tapstiles at the entrance beamed.

This clearly must be their first day on the job, or they need to up their glasses prescription. You take one look at us, and “fine looking group” does not go hand in hand with “recruits.”

It’s more like “these are the recruits?!?.”

But I still said “Thank you.” Even if they are wrong.

I am among the majority of people who go to HS and think Rise is a really good/great ride. But even more than that, I think the stern cast members working there are the piece de resistance. Sometimes they say snarky things and it makes me laugh.

Steven, please! Pay attention to the road!

I also like to always make my “Look at all those chickens!” joke each and every time.

Look at all those chickens!

See, I did it again

We were on the ride slightly less than 20 minutes after entering the line.

Keeping up with our theme of walking back and forth between Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land, Mel and I made our way back to TSL to use a DAS reservation for my love, Alien Swirling Saucers.

It’s also at this point in time I realized that tiny pockets of TSL smell like the lobby of Pop Century, and that is my favorite Disney smell of all time.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. Alien Swirling Saucers is an incredibly underrated ride. Just like Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree.

I just love any ride that really jostles you around.

After getting whipped around by a rogue claw machine, Mel and I headed out of TSL and back towards Hollywood Boulevard for out MMRR LL (look at all those letters!).

***Coming up: I capture actual magic on camera***

Day 2, Part 3
January 23, 2023

Mel's fave of the 4 parks.

Better luck next month, Steven

The standby line was quoted as a 65 minute wait but we managed to only have to wait slightly under 20 thanks to LL.

Do I miss The Great Movie Ride? Yes. Do I think MMRR is a fantastic ride? Also yes. I just wish they had maybe revamped The Great Movie Ride and built MMRR somewhere else in the park. The further we are away from The Great Movie Ride, the more I miss it.

I will sing Hooray for Hollywood until the day my bones finally give out.

When we were in line, this girl behind us was talking to the person she was with about how MMRR created this bird that is so hugely popular- it's literally everywhere. In my head, I was thinking "Is this girl talking about Orange Bird? And she think's they're the same bird?" When we were on our way out of the ride, I saw a MMRR bird keychain and 😲. I still think she's talking about Orange Bird though.

A nice little dance recital later, it was time for our 1:10 lunch reservation at Mel’s newest obsession, the Hollywood Brown Derby. I mobile checked in at 1:14.

A shocked gasp echoed through the crowd that we had somehow managed to wait until our actual reservation time to check in and the hunger demons didn’t demand we check in at the earliest time possible.

Less than 60 seconds later, I got our table ready text and we headed into the ol’ Derb.

Mel ordered a Shirley Temple (sans cotton candy syrup, can’t fool Mel twice GFlo Cafe) and a cobb salad. I branched out. I had the Cobb Salad the last time we went to the Derb, and while I thought it was tasty, I wanted to spread my little wings and explore the menu.

Ultimately I settled on a couple of appetizers- the Crab Louie and Tomato and Buratta salad- and a mocktail to wash it down (the Pink Palace).

A little bread service with Hawaiian Sea Salt Butter

Shirley Temple: “Sprite ®, Grenadine, Souvenir Glow Cube.” $5.99

Pink Palace: “Sprite ®, Watermelon, Souvenir Glow Cube.” $5.99

Crab Louie: “Crispy Olive Bread, Citrus Blend, Fried Capers, Louie Sauce.” $17

Heirloom Tomato and Burrata Salad: “Shaved Onions, Thai Basil, Gremolata, Citrus Vinaigrette.” $13

Our Famous Cobb Salad: “Spit-roasted Turkey, Bacon, Egg, Tomatoes, Blue Cheese, Avocado, Classic Dressing.” $22. Mel had opted for no blue cheese.

The rolls were nice and crispy and the butter was just the right amount of salty. It was a really nice, complimentary, bread service.

Much better than the King’s Hawaiian Rolls that Kona chucks at your head.

I thought the Crab Louie was super, super tasty. I wasn’t sure if I would like the capers since historically, I do not, but they were the perfect pop of salt and brine. The crab and avocado with the Louie sauce was what I called a “perfect bite.”

But let’s talk about this burrata salad. I will be the first person to tell you I do not like tomatoes. HOWEVER, I don’t like tomatoes in anything but their true form. So essentially, I only like tomatoes in salad or by themselves (like off the vine raw). Do anything to them and I absolutely can not stand them. Tomato sauce? Hate it. Tomato on sandwiches? Get it off there. Sun dried tomatoes? I’d rather a fate worse than death.

With that being said, the burrata in the salad was nice and creamy and the tomatoes were super fresh and bright.

All in all, I was happy with both of my selections.

Mel, ever the happy camper with her salad, commented that the salad is even better with the included house dressing than it is with the ranch she subbed it out for last time. Who would’ve known that they would know what they were doing more than the Ranch Fan Club President herself?

Also our server- Kenny- complimented my eye makeup and that is always the way to my heart.

That and being whirled around by a little green alien, so back to Alien Swirling Saucer we went to use our LL that was ready.

We ended up only waiting about 15 minutes of the posted 30 (the ride had gone down for a couple of moments) and before too long, we were being thrown around by tiny green aliens.

And then magic happened.

At least, I think it’s comedic magic.

I just trying to film a cute Snapchat video of Mel and I on the ride, and the next thing I knew:

giphy.gif

Body slammed.

I sent that video to literally everyone I know. I’m obsessed with it.

Fully recovered, we continued our tour of TSL (retour I suppose since we were there earlier in the day) and headed over to Slinky Dog Dash for a DAS reservation Mel had booked a little earlier.

Standby was posted as 95 minutes, but we had to wait under 10.

Way, way, way back in Oct/Nov of 2018, Mel and I did Early Morning Magic at HS and rode Slinky Dog Dash a nauseating amount of times. So many times that the $90~ price tag per person seemed worth it- especially because the terrible breakfast served at ABC Commissary during it did not.

Even I thought it was terrible, and I only really say that about things that include tomatoes.

Rounding out our time at KB Toys, we popped back on over to TSMM for a rematch (and a DAS reservation).

Mel guessed Mr. Potato Head, I guessed Rex.

Dang.

And wouldn’t you know it, lightning can truly strike twice.

Mel was so disgruntled about losing to little ol’ me twice that she demanded to know what tricks I had picked up since last year.

A Steven never reveals its stripes, or whatever that saying is.

I’m sure I got it right.

We took a walk through One Man’s Dream (which is apparently called Walt Disney Presents???) which is equal parts interesting and terrifying and then skedaddled onto our next order of business.

Hey now, hey now, this is what nightmares are made of 🎶

The Muppets.

I love the Muppets and especially love Miss Piggy. I think the Muppets is absolutely a must-do at least once per trip.

Even though I love it, do I think it needs a slight refresh? Absolutely. I just hope they don’t get rid of it soon.

We had to wait about 10 minutes for the next show to start but soon we were taking our backrow seats and listening to Statler and Waldorf do an excellent job at heckling.

In my next life, I hope I come back reincarnated as either Statler or Waldorf. It’s my calling.

***Coming up: I promise, the day is almost done***

When we were in line, this girl behind us was talking to the person she was with about how MMRR created this bird that is so hugely popular- it's literally everywhere. In my head, I was thinking "Is this girl talking about Orange Bird? And she think's they're the same bird?" When we were on our way out of the ride, I saw a MMRR bird keychain and 😲. I still think she's talking about Orange Bird though.

Oh my gosh, I wish we had seen this! So that little girl probably IS talking about Orange Bird, but DD LOVED this little bird at the end of the ride!! She would have wanted this for sure. :rotfl:

I am loving your trip report! Just wondering if you have any hints on getting the great deal on the DVC resort? Did you rent points or was it through direct reservations?

Oh my gosh, I wish we had seen this! So that little girl probably IS talking about Orange Bird, but DD LOVED this little bird at the end of the ride!! She would have wanted this for sure. :rotfl:
I literally did a double take when I saw it because up until that point, I didn't even know the bird was a "thing" at all! I probably wouldn't have been able to pick that bird out of a line up if I had to. It was on a merch cart as soon as you exit the ride!
I am loving your trip report! Just wondering if you have any hints on getting the great deal on the DVC resort? Did you rent points or was it through direct reservations?
I probably should ask Mel for a little clarity but from what I know: Mel's parents actually own a timeshare somewhere not in Disney (I think it's through Hilton though). There's a website that people can put up certain times that you can rent (I guess trade??) timeshares. Every once in a while, SS shows up. You don't get to pick the week or anything and it ends up being pretty affordable. But they knew we were looking to go to WDW in January so they kept an eye out. Mel's mom texted her letting her know there was a deal for SS, Mel just texted me and asked if I can get such-and-such time off work, and then we split the cost.
Am I probably getting most of that wrong? Yes. Sorry!

Day 2, Part 4
January 23, 2023

The remnants of a battle between good and evil

We had another DAS reservation for Rise ready after our little Muppet excursion and hitched a ride across the galaxies back to Star Wars Land.

The standby wait was posted as 95 minutes but we were on the ride in about 20.

Did I stop and make another “Look at all those chickens!” joke? You already know the answer.

I just didn’t take any photographic evidence.

Once released from Kylo Ren’s wooly mitten grasp, I stopped at one of the carts nearby to pick up a couple of drinks for Mel and I.

Coke and Diet Coke Detonators. $6 each.

We sat on a nearby planter ledge to sip our drinks and we both looked at each other, looked at the drinks, and then looked back at each other.

“Mine’s expired.”

“Mine too.”

Ah yes, nothing like spending $12 on expired soda.

Maybe expiration dates work differently on Wookie Cookie, or wherever the heck we were.

I perused some of the Star Wars gift shops and looked at all of the interesting details I could find. I had no idea what they were, but they were still pretty cool.

Inside the Tree Of Life: The Director's Cut

I also was looking for something Baby Yoda to bring back as a souvenir for someone but I couldn’t find a single Baby Yoda object in all of Star Wars Land, which seemed weird. Maybe I just wasn’t looking in the right Baby Yoda places.

Once back on Earth, Mel and I headed over to Tower of Terror….the Dump Shop.

I’ve been on Tower of Terror once and swore I would never ride it again. But I love the aesthetic of the ride so I just like checking out the store.

52738864853_51cece66d4_c.jpg

I found a couple of things that caught my eye but I stayed strong and put everything back.

We call that personal growth.

Mel and I wandered back over towards MMRR to use (I believe) our next DAS Reservation, which had a 70 minute wait. While in line, the hunger demons slowly started to rear their ugly heads again so we placed an order for Docking Bay 7 while we waited.

We were on the ride a few moments later.

I had accidentally submitted the mobile order too early and almost had to sprint over to Docking Bay 7 to grab the order in time while Mel, who dialed up her speed to about 4.5 mph, zipped on behind me.

I had decided on the Moof Juice and Ronto Wrap while Mel just went for a Ronto Wrap (after much hemming and hawing on her part)

Ronto Wrap: “Roasted pork, grilled pork sausage, peppercorn sauce, and tangy slaw wrapped in pita bread and served with a side of chips. Available after 3pm” $13.99

Moof Juice: “Simply ® Fruit Punch, Simply ® Orange with pineapple, chipotle-pineapple.” $5.49

I love Ronto Wraps, and I knew Mel would really love it too. And I was right. The only issue Mel had was, she isn’t the biggest fan of pita bread so after a while, she picked out the inside of the wrap when the pita became overwhelming.

My only complaint was I was expecting, I suppose, these tri-colored chips I had seen in other people’s posts and pictures but instead, the wraps came with plantain chips. Which- technically- are chips. Just not what I was expecting. And they were fine, but I did leave more than a few behind.

Other than that, the Ronto Wrap did not disappoint as I knew it wouldn’t.

Our goal for the night was to catch the 8pm showing of the newly reopened, newly revamped (my absolutely love) Fantasmic. It was getting close to 7:30 and we knew we had to get to the amphitheater pronto.

And by pronto, I mean we obviously had to stop for snacks first.

I opted for popcorn from a nearby popcorn cart; while, Mel headed on up to Anaheim Produce and picked up a pretzel.

Popcorn Stand popcorn: $4.99

Mickey Pretzel: “Served with cheese sauce.” $7.49

We were inside the theater by 7:41 and we were seated to the left, off center in the wheelchair accessible seats and I thought our view was on the better side of decent. At least we were out of the splash zone.

Oh Fantasmic, how I have missed you!

I’m not a fan of many of the WDW (and DLR) firework shows or nighttime parades- especially my arch nemesis, Rivers of Light. But there is something about WDW’s Fantasmic that I have always, truly loved.

And with the revamp? Oh, it’s even better! It’s like they knew I was coming- they had some of my absolute top faves. Aladdin? Check. Moana? Check. Frozen 2? Wouldn’t you know it, check!

On a scale of 1-10, Fantasmic gets a solid 11. Would recommend.

The only downside was it took us over 15 minutes to leave the theater and by then I was ready to go.

Mel returned her ECV, was given back her soul she had to leave as collateral, and ordered us a Lyft back to SS all before 9pm.

Our driver was waiting for us when we walked up and greeted us with the ever so pleasant wafting aroma of cologne and cigarette smoke. A true treat.

Around 10 minutes later we were back at SS and I was getting ready to soak my tired little tootsies in the bathtub as I munched happily on part of a Gideon’s cookie.

Tonight’s bath bomb was Disco Queen bath bomb: “Orange, pineapple, Jasmine, melon, and coconut.” $9.99

It had a glow cube!

Mel on the other hand?

giphy.gif

By 11:15, I had showered, icy-hotted, and was drifting off into dreamland.

***Coming up: I am a Karen***

giphy.gif

Coke and Diet Coke Detonators. $6 each.

We sat on a nearby planter ledge to sip our drinks and we both looked at each other, looked at the drinks, and then looked back at each other.

“Mine’s expired.”

“Mine too.”

Ah yes, nothing like spending $12 on expired soda.

This is going to sound weird and may be totally untrue, but I think I remember they put the "Born On" date on soda, as opposed to the expiration date? I could be totally crazy and making this up. Did it taste weird?

I also was looking for something Baby Yoda to bring back as a souvenir for someone but I couldn’t find a single Baby Yoda object in all of Star Wars Land, which seemed weird. Maybe I just wasn’t looking in the right Baby Yoda places.

I have looked for Baby Yoda merch myself and have found the selection sorely lacking. Seems weird when I'm sure they'd clean up if they just put out cute merch.

I’ve been on Tower of Terror once and swore I would never ride it again. But I love the aesthetic of the ride so I just like checking out the store.

I went on years ago with my then 4 year old son (who is 21 now) and I said never again! But the ride is so cool so I started reading up on it and learned that when you "drop," you're not really dropping. Instead a huge mechanical arm is PULLING you down. The feeling is the same, but for me that made all the difference! I ride it all the time now and even go by myself since my DH won't ride!

All caught up so far! I must tell you that I am loving this report and am so glad that I found it!! Your writing is great at keeping the reader engaged! BTW, great choice on your MB+, Haunted Manion is my favorite too!! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Oh my goodness. You are one talented writer! I don't often comment on trip reports, but this one is a must-do. To echo the poster above, I am so glad I found it. You really draw the reader in!!!! Makes me want to go back to the World (I was there in August). Keep the great report coming, I already know I'll be sad when it's done...also, can I join you on a trip sometime? You really are so fun!! Mel always looks like a great trip companion :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter