The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Club level VGF makes a lot of sense to me, even if it’s only a few rooms. They can crank up the overall points for the resort (like bungalows). It’s not like some sodas and soup are that expensive. I’ve only seen videos of the Jambo one, I thought it didn’t look that great, and I still wanted to give them my money to try it.

It’s an awesome selling tool now and beyond. I’m surprised RIV didn’t add a handful of rooms with it.

I agree club level VGF is the dream, and I think it could be sold as such.

Club level VGF makes a lot of sense to me, even if it’s only a few rooms. They can crank up the overall points for the resort (like bungalows). It’s not like some sodas and soup are that expensive. I’ve only seen videos of the Jambo one, I thought it didn’t look that great, and I still wanted to give them my money to try it.

It’s an awesome selling tool now and beyond. I’m surprised RIV didn’t add a handful of rooms with it.

I agree club level VGF is the dream, and I think it could be sold as such.
The Jambo club level DVC was created because the views from those rooms are not that great but they are located on the club floor. Club level guests who were paying a ton of money for their rooms were unhappy with those views. Pawning them off to DVC was a win for Disney. But I cannot imagine that DVC will create its own club level for a very limited number of rooms at VGF2.

The Jambo club level DVC was created because the views from those rooms are not that great but they are located on the club floor. Club level guests who were paying a ton of money for their rooms were unhappy with those views. Pawning them off to DVC was a win for Disney. But I cannot imagine that DVC will create its own club level for a very limited number of rooms at VGF2.

I (used to) travel a lot and have status at two US chains. Club level can vary a lot. I don’t even consider Jambo in the top 50% of club level (though I’ve never been there). There’s a lot of cheap solutions Disney could slap club level label on for a whole lot of points, which seems on brand for current DVC.

They could raise them for the months of June 2022 and after. I think it’s too late for May 2022.
I don't think that they can raise the total number of Home Resort Points at VGF without VGF2 being declared into the condo association. And without declaring those points into the condo association, the number of points per night at VGF1 cannot be increased for June thru December 2022.

SSR and the THVs is a good example of how DVC played fast and loose with point allocations. When the THVs were added to an almost sold out SSR, the points which were declared into the condo association in 2009 were the exact number of points needed to reserve all of the THVs for every night of the year. In 2013, DVC reallocated the points at SSR and increased the number of points needed to book THVs while decreasing the 2BR villas.

I would not be surprised if a similar reallocation of points occurs at VGF in 2023 (or later), but in a reverse fashion - overprice the 2022 points chart for VGF2 in order to add a significant number to the condo association and be able to sell more points. Then, "due to an imbalance in demand for (cheap) VGF1 studios", DVC would reallocate the points charts to increase VGF1 studios while lowering VGF2 studios to a more reasonable number.

I (used to) travel a lot and have status at two US chains. Club level can vary a lot. I don’t even consider Jambo in the top 50% of club level (though I’ve never been there). There’s a lot of cheap solutions Disney could slap club level label on for a whole lot of points, which seems on brand for current DVC.
I think that if club level at additional DVC resorts had been on their radar, RIV would have it. As it stands, club level at VGF would be an ongoing cost that would not be shared with the hotel side. Its maintenance would fall on VGF owners, whether they use the club lounge or not.

I don't see it happening.

I think that if club level at additional DVC resorts had been on their radar, RIV would have it.

That was when the plan was to slap up another 900 rooms right on RIV’s tail. That’s not happening. Club level is a way to create some points and some cash right now.

I mean come on, 65 point club level theme park view studio! Tell me you’re a bungalow without saying bungalow.

That was when the plan was to slap up another 900 rooms right on RIV’s tail. That’s not happening. Club level is a way to create some points and some cash right now.

I mean come on, 65 point club level theme park view studio! Tell me you’re a bungalow without saying bungalow.
Except bungalows go unreserved and end up being a continuing cash cow for DVC when they go for breakage. A club level studio is not likely to go unreserved and will not generate additional income like the bungalows do.

I don't think that they can raise the total number of Home Resort Points at VGF without VGF2 being declared into the condo association. And without declaring those points into the condo association, the number of points per night at VGF1 cannot be increased for June thru December 2022.

SSR and the THVs is a good example of how DVC played fast and loose with point allocations. When the THVs were added to an almost sold out SSR, the points which were declared into the condo association in 2009 were the exact number of points needed to reserve all of the THVs for every night of the year. In 2013, DVC reallocated the points at SSR and increased the number of points needed to book THVs while decreasing the 2BR villas.

I would not be surprised if a similar reallocation of points occurs at VGF in 2023 (or later), but in a reverse fashion - overprice the 2022 points chart for VGF2 in order to add a significant number to the condo association and be able to sell more points. Then, "due to an imbalance in demand for (cheap) VGF1 studios", DVC would reallocate the points charts to increase VGF1 studios while lowering VGF2 studios to a more reasonable number.

What is interesting then is how they are going to open it for summer of 2022 without the declaration into the condo soon so that the point chart can be adjusted to account for those rooms?

That is why I think we will see SV and LV rooms priced at the same level of current VGF unless some of the rooms are considered TPV, like at BLT since I think I read some allow a view of MK?

Regardless, I do think that is why we will see initial pricing lower than the $255...even if it is short lived with incentives.

What is interesting then is how they are going to open it for summer of 2022 without the declaration into the condo soon so that the point chart can be adjusted to account for those rooms?

That is why I think we will see SV and LV rooms priced at the same level of current VGF unless some of the rooms are considered TPV, like at BLT since I think I read some allow a view of MK?

Regardless, I do think that is why we will see initial pricing lower than the $255...even if it is short lived with incentives.
There are 28 rooms in Big Pine Key that Touringplans.com classifies as "theme park view". TBH, if I were a hotel guest who paid for a theme park view, I'd be pretty upset with what I could see from my balcony, especially from the 2 lower floors. It's a lovely view of CR and the lake but what you really see is the bus depot, not the castle nor Space Mountain.

So there was a listing on one of the brokers for a small VGF contract. It was way over priced. I threw out a low ball offer of $201 thinking it wouldn't get accepted. The asking was in the $220s. The reason I put $201 was because that is what the current prices are for RIV. In the offer I put that reason in the offer notes.

Now I'm very on the fence to either buy VGF2 direct or buy more cheap points via resale to stay at VGF. My logic was VGF2 might not be priced below $201 (no incentives with small contract) so I might as well use what the price is now and throw a Hail Mary. The offer was accepted. I'm just wondering if my logic is crazy. Should I go through with it or did I over offer?

Last edited:
So there was a listing on one of the brokers for a small VGF contract. It was way over priced. I threw out a low ball offer of $201 thinking it wouldn't get accepted. The asking was in the $220s. The reason I put $201 was because that is what the current prices are for RIV. In the offer I put that reason in the offer notes.

Now I'm very on the fence to either buy VGF2 direct or buy more cheap points via resale to stay at VGF. My logic was VGF2 might not be priced below $201 (no incentives with small contract) so I might as well use what the price is now and throw a Hail Mary. The offer was accepted. I'm just wondering if my logic is crazy. Should I go throw it or did I over offer?

If you want at that price keep. I actually considered putting one in on that at $180 but wrong UY. I think a little High if it was a larger contract but small, not bad!

But I am under contract for RIV at $152 which was about $10 more than I wanted to Pay, but since it was I wanted, I couldn’t pass up!

Last edited:

Now I'm very on the fence to either buy VGF2 direct or buy more cheap points via resale to stay at VGF. My logic was VGF2 might not be priced below $201 (no incentives with small contract) so I might as well use what the price is now and throw a Hail Mary. The offer was accepted. I'm just wondering if my logic is crazy. Should I go throw it or did I over offer?

Wow, that’s a question only you can answer. If your looking for my opinion, I’d say that the difference in price doesn’t make as big of a deal to me when the contract is small. Let’s say it’s 50 points. Even if DVC doesn’t lower the price at all, you are looking at a difference of $2,700. While I don’t want to minimize the value of money, and understand everyone is different, I feel like this is manageable when we are talking about purchases that usually start around $10K.

If you take the $2,700 as a worst case scenario on a 50 point contract (I don’t know the number but you said it was small), it likely will only improve from there. In fact, it may improve dramatically if they offer VGF2 at a price in the $210-$215 range. Only the future will tell.

Of course, this assumes the price of VGF won’t increase from its current rate. I don’t think it will, but you have to make that determination as part of your calculation.

But I am under contract for RIV at $152 which was about $10 more than I wanted to Pay, but since it was I wanted, I couldn’t pass up!
See I go for value as much as possible which is why I have a small SSR contract to get me 4 nights a year at SSR or OKW. My family loves the VGF but I couldn't justify the point chart and price per point. I much prefer the cheaper point charts.

But then this last trip happened where we had a great time visiting GF. My wife wanted to stay there often but because of the higher point chart we needed to buy more points. We were actually there when they announced the new addition coming. It was almost like a sign from above to get points there. :lol: Now since VGF isn't the most economical I want my purchase to at least be as economical as possible. Since the resale market is nuts right now I figured at least I won't be paying more than direct. And with it being a small contract I knew I wouldn't qualify for any direct incentives.

See I go for value as much as possible which is why I have a small SSR contract to get me 4 nights a year at SSR or OKW. My family loves the VGF but I couldn't justify the point chart and price per point. I much prefer the cheaper point charts.

But then this last trip happened where we had a great time visiting GF. My wife wanted to stay there often but because of the higher point chart we needed to buy more points. We were actually there when they announced the new addition coming. It was almost like a sign from above to get points there. :lol: Now since VGF isn't the most economical I want my purchase to at least be as economical as possible. Since the resale market is nuts right now I figured at least I won't be paying more than direct. And with it being a small contract I knew I wouldn't qualify for any direct incentives.

If it’s just about the bottom line of price per point, then it’ll be hard to beat $201 in my opinion. I also like how you reminded me to put in an offer and see what happens. Worst they can tell you is no, and they may go for it.

One thing to keep in mind, this is not a 50 year contract, it is almost a 40 year contract. VGF is a 2064 resort. By the time this resort goes on sale, we will be at 2022 or 2023, this brings us to almost 40 years. Price will be the same as RIV. Point chart will be the same as GF1, unless these studios have two bathrooms - which i doubt. The makeover will be cheap, cheap, it will basically be a hotel room.

One thing to keep in mind, this is not a 50 year contract, it is almost a 40 year contract. VGF is a 2064 resort. By the time this resort goes on sale, we will be at 2022 or 2023, this brings us to almost 40 years. Price will be the same as RIV. Point chart will be the same as GF1, unless these studios have two bathrooms - which i doubt. The makeover will be cheap, cheap, it will basically be a hotel room.
If so, is why I want to know I am booked in the VGF DVC building when I make my reservation. Until other details are revealed, I have no desire to stay in Pine Key ( is that the name?).

If so, is why I want to know I am booked in the VGF DVC building when I make my reservation. Until other details are revealed, I have no desire to stay in Pine Key ( is that the name?).
I mean I get what you are saying, but isn’t it a bit premature to declare you like the previous rooms to the new ones since none of us on here have any actual clue what the new ones will be like? Lots of assumptions on the thread, but clearly no one here really knows right now.
Edit: I see where you said until they give more details, so that is fair.

I mean I get what you are saying, but isn’t it a bit premature to declare you like the previous rooms to the new ones since none of us on here have any actual clue what the new ones will be like? Lots of assumptions on the thread, but clearly no one here really knows right now.
Edit: I see where you said until they give more details, so that is fair.
I love VGF as it is. The addition of 200 studios leaves lots of questions unanswered. At this point based on what we do know ( larger studio units, building location) there is nothing driving me to stay in the new studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter