The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I called my guide to ask if she knew anything about pricing.

She told me that if I have to ask, I can’t afford it.

Holy Guacamole! I'd be hoping that call was monitored and recorded.

Is this a guide you've had for a while or a layoff's replacement?

They must be scraping the proverbial if she's representative of the new crop.

Holy Guacamole! I'd be hoping that call was monitored and recorded.

Is this a guide you've had for a while or a layoff's replacement?

They must be scraping the proverbial if she's representative of the new crop.
I would guess that it is a joke. A guide wouldn't say that.

I called my guide to ask if she knew anything about pricing.

She told me that if I have to ask, I can’t afford it.
Uh, what? That’s really rude. I can’t believe she said that…. But maybe I’m missing context. Doesn’t sound like a nice thing to say.

This is true, but how long will it last? We knot
They do. not. care. The parks are full-to-bursting, and according to comments made during the most recent earnings call, the uptake rate of G+/ILL is higher than expected. The per-capita revenue (the amount each guest spends in the park each day, on average) was up 40% compared to the same quarter in 2019. That's just a phenomenal result, and suggests that they were completely correct to further monetize the theme parks.
This is true, but how long will it last? Inflation is high, but at sometime it will burst. Also, this extra spending could be contributed to covid fatigue and pent up demand for vacations. Will it still be like this in 2 years?

I would like go to Asia, I have plans to do all the other Disney parks around the world and I have my hotel loyalty points set aside to afford ritz Carlton luxury for the duration of my travels. But I’m not traveling overseas until there is more certainty I won’t get stuck there

so until then, all my money goes to wdw
Asian parks are on my list too. We were planning a trip, then the pandemic happened, then we decided to have a baby 😂 so now it’s going to be a minute before we can get to Asia. At least a lot of the new development like at the Tokyo parks will be all done. Although there’s always something new coming. I agree nightmare scenario to be stuck overseas.

This is true, but how long will it last? We knot

This is true, but how long will it last? Inflation is high, but at sometime it will burst. Also, this extra spending could be contributed to covid fatigue and pent up demand for vacations. Will it still be like this in 2 years?
Europe is still off the table for most. Disney will be booming for the next couple of years, at least.

This is true, but how long will it last?
Every time prices go up, the refrain is the same: "This time they've gone too far!" Obviously there is a breaking point somewhere, but so far Disney has been very adept at staying under it.

And, we know what will happen if things cool off due to external factors, because we've seen it before---after 9/11 and during the Great Recession the discounts and promotions came out in full force. I remember the "good old days" (I think post-9/11) when they offered buy-four-get-seven on resort packages.

That could be down to staffing limitations.
It’s *absolutely* staffing. Even at open resorts they don’t have enough housekeepers to open all the rooms. It’s why they have minimum stays for cash rooms even when calling right now (BVTC agents could historically override online/TA limits).

That’s not speculation or a guess, that is knowledge of what’s happening from people who work there.

Once we are past staffing and COVID issues, much, much higher hotel prices will continue to impact hotel occupancy.
Disney Hotel prices writ large have increased about 4% a year the last several years. Significant, but not the outrageous double digit annual leaps they took in the 2007-2015 era.

The problem now is

1) that’s an average, but specific seasons (fall and late spring) are increasing a LOT while summer is basically flat, so some people are seeing 10% increases and you hear a lot about them

2) most people don’t go every year, and 3 years of 4% increases on an $800 base is $100. Combine that with a smaller discount due to the lack of housekeepers keeping rooms closed and suddenly you’re paying $1400 more for a 7 night stay that you’re booking maybe 26 months after your last one and it feels crazy.

Every time prices go up, the refrain is the same: "This time they've gone too far!" Obviously there is a breaking point somewhere, but so far Disney has been very adept at staying under it.

And, we know what will happen if things cool off due to external factors, because we've seen it before---after 9/11 and during the Great Recession the discounts and promotions came out in full force. I remember the "good old days" (I think post-9/11) when they offered buy-four-get-seven on resort packages.

I don't think anyone has ever accused Disney of being stupid. Short-sighted and greedy, yes, but definitely not stupid.

It was a joke!! Lol
😂 I didn’t get it was a joke either until I saw later on the thread. Then I was like “of course it was a joke, no employee would say such a thing.” 🤦🏼‍♀️ sarcasm tends to get lost in translation via text…I’m also just gullible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter