The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

...This was our second stay in this room, with the last time in April 2014. I also immediately noticed the terrible TV install. The washer and dryer have seen better days. You will love the Velcro dryer closure.
We have also stayed in this villa before. Our first VGC visit in 2010 was in this villa, overall the room is still in good shape.

DW did a small load of laundry, and the dryer was slow (she did not mention the Velcro). Hotel maintenance came to the room to repair the dryer (from a prior guest complaint, we did not report it), but we asked he come back another time (he did not return).

Do you get early entry to the parks every day? Or only for the amount of days your ticket allows you early entry?

Hi all - I'm thinking of renting points for a GCV studio, June 4-6, 2015. I have a conference starting June 7th, so unfortunately my dates are fixed to enjoy DLR. I saw that Grad Nights are scheduled for June 5-6, bummer.

I'm debating between the GCV studio (it's cheaper than any of the Disney hotels' regular rooms to rent these points, believe it or not!) or extending my convention hotel stay (Hilton Anaheim). I'll arrive by early afternoon on Thursday, June 4th, so I'll go to the parks that afternoon/evening. I'll take advantage of EMH on Friday, June 5th. I'll be solo, but I may have 2 friends meet up with me on June 6th, so it may not be a parks day.

I've only been to DLR once for 1 day last November, and I've never stayed in Anaheim. I really want to explore DLR more, and I want to explore GCH, DLH, and DD.

Any pros or cons you can think of if I go with the GCV studio? I'm really leaning toward it, even though it will cost more than another 2 nights at the Hilton.

Thanks! :goodvibes

It's so crazy nice being walking distance to ..... everything from VGC :goodvibes

Space Mountain, Soarin, ToT, it's tough to be a Bug, Downtown Disney... everything is always within walking distance from VGC!

Do you get early entry to the parks every day? Or only for the amount of days your ticket allows you early entry?

Staying onsite gives you the early entry privilege so it doesn't matter about the ticket. If off site then the ticket entitlement is what is followed.

It's so crazy nice being walking distance to ..... everything from VGC :goodvibes

Space Mountain, Soarin, ToT, it's tough to be a Bug, Downtown Disney... everything is always within walking distance from VGC!

Thanks! I think I'm gonna go for it! It would be so awesome to be able to walk to all of that from my hotel, wow!

I hope a studio is available. I'm excited! :cool1:

Hi everyone...

Just super excited because we are booked at VGC from April 20-26! We are East Coasters and are so excited to see SoCal. If anyone has any advice or tips I'll take them!

I am going to be trying today for a reservation at Villas at Grand Californian on 15/16 May for after our WB Panama canal cruise. Fingers crossed :goodvibes

Hi everyone... Just super excited because we are booked at VGC from April 20-26! We are East Coasters and are so excited to see SoCal. If anyone has any advice or tips I'll take them!
Check out Laguna Beach if you can it's beautiful

Check out Laguna Beach if you can it's beautiful
:thumbsup2

We asked a friend from Cali recommend a beach, and we were glad he recommended Laguna Beach. It's the sort of beach with some rocky cliffs that are more unique to Cali vs Florida.
...and get a Double-Double Animal Style at an In-N-Out ;)

(We also visited Huntington Beach because we knew some Disney Channel shows taped there, but that was just a big, flat beach that looked about the same as FL)

I've read that the WDW resorts have entirely separate inventories for people paying with case through CRO and that is required by Florida law. Does VGC have something similar? I'm suspecting not because VGC is so small but I am curious.

Will be making my first trip to Disneyland in early Dec. Was lucky to get 4 nights in a one bedroom at the 7 month window. When making room request for this resort what are the best options and do you call MS and add it to your reservation?
I am so excited and any suggestions would be appreciated. I feel like a newbie even though I have been a member for almost 20 yrs.

Will be making my first trip to Disneyland in early Dec. Was lucky to get 4 nights in a one bedroom at the 7 month window. When making room request for this resort what are the best options and do you call MS and add it to your reservation?
I am so excited and any suggestions would be appreciated. I feel like a newbie even though I have been a member for almost 20 yrs.

Good for you! You'll love the resort as well as the convenience of DLR (not as spread out as all the WDW parks, so you can get more done in less time).

At VGC you can request specific rooms. I, and others here, have been told many times by different CMs at VGC that they are filled based on availability but on a first reserved, first filled basis.

I usually call MS with my list of preferred room numbers.

Basically, you can face the pool, the CA park, or a few rooms face a heavily treed section of CA park where all you see are trees.

When you decide what you prefer, check out the links on Nonsuch's posts on this thread for room and resort layouts. He's a great resource in general and these floor plans are great.

I'll try a link to them, but if this doesn't work, just go back a page in this thread to his last post and it's there in his signature.

Good luck.

Nonsuch -- VGC Mapmaker
VGC floorplan -- 1-page 6-page

...Was lucky to get 4 nights in a one bedroom at the 7 month window. When making room request for this resort what are the best options and do you call MS and add it to your reservation?...
I have had good results emailing Member Services :thumbsup2
This is a sample:
Subject: Modify Reservation [reservation number]

Dear Member Services:

I would like to add a view/villa request to existing reservation [reservation number].
Arrival: [arrival date]
Departure: [departure date]
I do NOT want to change dates or add additional rooms, this is a view request only.

Please add this room location request:
"Prefer a high floor with Paradise Pier Park View.
The room order of preference is: 6502, 5508, 4508, 5502, 4502, 3508,
3502, 5514, 4514, 3514, 2522, 2508, 2502, 2514"

I understand that room requests cannot be guaranteed.

Thank You

[your name]
DVC Member Number: [your number]
[your address]
[your phone]
My list of 1 bedroom villas is based on a preference for WOC view or Redwood Creek view -- and a dislike for Pool view or first floor. Most of my reservations are made close to 11 months in advance, and I generally receive a villa high on my list.

Adjust your request based on your own preferences :idea:

This is a repost (from 3 year ago) of the exterior views:

View from Pool:
exterior_pool.jpg

View from Redwood Creek Challenge Trail:
exterior_trail.jpg

View from Paradise Pier (Jumpin' Jellyfish):
exterior_pier.jpg

This is a sample:

My list of 1 bedroom villas is based on a preference for WOC view or Redwood Creek view -- and a dislike for Pool view or first floor. Most of my reservations are made close to 11 months in advance, and I generally receive a villa high on my list.

View from Pool:
exterior_pool.jpg

exterior_trail.jpg

exterior_pier.jpg

Probably the best post ever! :thumbsup2

Have I read that the trees have grown enough that the third floor room views are starting to get blocked by them?

Nonsuch, thank you sooooo much for posting the photos with villa numbers attached! That was so awesome... clearly a picture speaks a thousand words! I'm definitely going to try to save the images! :thumbsup2

Love those posts! If there is any way they could be pinned to the first post that would be awesome.

BTW I don't think that Stopher1 is still actively posting on the boards, so when it come comes time for the next thread I really think that you should start the third VGC Owners and Lovers thread, NonSuch, you are definitely the definite person who has risen above and beyond in this thread.

thank you so much for the very helpful, detailed information. I am so excited to stay at this beautiful resort on my first trip to Disneyland!

This is a sample:

View from Pool:
exterior_pool.jpg

exterior_trail.jpg

exterior_pier.jpg

This is awesome, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter