The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Cool

My plan was to do a five night stay every year around late April / early May.. That keeps me about 6 month from May late October / early November Disney World Trip (I do 9-12 nights there). My thought with getting more VGC points would be that I would switch from 1 five day trip to a 3 day trip in Jan and a 4 day trip in early May. It’s only a 1.5 hour flight to SNA from where I am.

I’m also doing 6 nights for my first real VGC trip. I’m going to also go check out Super Nintendo world and maybe hit up a beach.

It's nice to be that close! For us...the only direct flights are to LAX and they are always at the worst time. So we fly to SNA but always have a layover in either Denver, Phoenix, or Las Vegas. So it can be a long, annoying day. When we go in the summer we actually prefer to drive....even though we take 3 days (1500 miles) each way. Ha!

Very easy, like it was one contact.

Actually on my way there now. Split stay, 2 nights DLH, 3 nights VGC. Had VDH booked for first 2 but decided to save the points and book the rooms we like better at DLH.6 nights is perfect for a park trip imo. By night 5 we all want another day, but by night 7 we're bored.

I don't know how many days it would take me to get bored. Might not be possible. When I lived 10 minutes away, we'd go multiple times a week. It's the only thing I miss about living in CA. My son, on the other hand, is all about routine. So vacations can be tricky for him, in general. We're thankful he has fun in the parks but I think 5-days is probably his max. We're only doing 5 at WDW next month so I'm curious to see what he thinks. When we went to WDW previously (2008/2010/2012...all before he was born), we did 8 days each time, I think.

Nice! We have 6 nights in mid-June for our first VGC stay.

I really have no clue how many points we would want to add down the road. I'd have to look at the points chart more thoroughly. I also have no idea how long of trips we may want to take once our son is older. Right now, we find 6 nights with 5 park days is good for him. We've done 6 park days but by the end, he was clearly ready to head home.

If the 2nd contract is same use year, is it pretty easy to book a trip using the 2 contracts?
Definitely, I'd think a 5-Day Hopper is plenty for DLR.

Yeah...in June 2022, we decided to get a 5-day hopper and then a 1-day, 1-park pass since they don't sell a 6-day. Of course...we got covid and had to leave a day early so that was a waste. So we decided to do that again for our February trip this year. It was fine but we decided it probably wasn't necessary...especially for how much a 1-day ticket costs.

For 2024 we purchased 5-day hoppers for the price of a 4-day at www.getawaytoday.com and we did it before the recent price increase so I'm happy with that and I think our son will be too.

Will the 2024/2025 refurbishment be the first FULL refurb since it opened?

And if anyone has pics from what it looked like when it opened vs. how it's looked after any previous work, I'd love to see them!

Yeah...in June 2022, we decided to get a 5-day hopper and then a 1-day, 1-park pass since they don't sell a 6-day. Of course...we got covid and had to leave a day early so that was a waste. So we decided to do that again for our February trip this year. It was fine but we decided it probably wasn't necessary...especially for how much a 1-day ticket costs.

For 2024 we purchased 5-day hoppers for the price of a 4-day at www.getawaytoday.com and we did it before the recent price increase so I'm happy with that and I think our son will be too.
Almost seems like it’s more expensive to visit Disneyland then Disney World
Will the 2024/2025 refurbishment be the first FULL refurb since it opened?

And if anyone has pics from what it looked like when it opened vs. how it's looked after any previous work, I'd love to see them!
Yes. This is the first full referb. There was a soft goods refresh in 2017. I don’t have photos. But I think they changed the bedding, curtains, couches, and carpet. The bedding use to have like flowers and stuff on it instead of being white. I think the couches were like blue or orange or some other weird color…. I think they used the exact same carpet. The most noticeable difference are the bed sheets and couches…

Thanks! Do they no longer have those lanterns attached to the beds?
Yeah. The rooms really don’t look much different… just the bedding, drapes, couch… and they put bigger TVs in. I think the carpet has been replaced but it’s either the same or very similar. I’m hoping they get rid of the carpet all together in the refurb.

I'm on the other side and hope they replace with new carpet. I prefer it for help with sound issues and slightly more comfortable for my son who likes to play with his cars and whatnot. I hate the germs but I try not to think about it. Ha! I also just feel like carpet is more cozy and homey to me.

When you buy a 5-day, the 4th & 5th day are extremely cheap, but that 6th day ruins all the value you had saved.

Yeah...the people who bought when it opened and are selling now are making back a lot of their previous dues, that's for sure!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter