***The VWL Groupies & Trivia Thread*** Chapter 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blossomz....loved your photos ! And yes, the Castle is spectacular. We were there in Dec 2007. I was just standing there staring at it...:rotfl:

JT...13 nights at VWL !?? I am green with envy ! Good luck with the day by day calling :thumbsup2

Happy New Year Groupies!!!

Hey Muushka

We will be there in Nov/ Dec for 13 nights. So the first 7 can be booked all at once. Tammy said the CM suggested calling day by day to make sure we get the rest of our nights.

And we should be there for a few days overlapping. We will be arriving on Nov 28, staying til Dec 11.

As for dropping a day, I dont think it would cause any problems. Just make sure you use those pts within that use year.

BTW, we are booked for that DC!!! We are so excited! Its like going to WDW for the first time, and being like a kid in the candy store:yay:

Cool beans DCL here they come!! What dates are you going? How fun is that!!!!

Thank you for the info on our beloved. Yay! We get to meet Jimmy and Tammy and fammy!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZA! :bday: party:

Question for those that just returned - JT, Blossomz, or anyone else I missed. There's a big thread over on the resorts board about a Norwalk-like virus running rampant around the World. Did anyone notice anything like this while you were there? Sometimes I think these rumors just get spread like wildfire for no apparent reason. Seems strange that this virus has been going on for over a month now. I'm not a germaphobe but I'd like to be prepared just in case. I'm hoping this particular rumor is not true. Nothing like a bad stomach virus to ruin a trip. :scared:

So who else is getting ready to make their ressies for next Dec.? We'll be calling soon. Still debating between 12/5-9 or 12/12-16, but leaning towards the 12-16 dates. I'm really torn on where to stay. I was thinking of doing a 2 & 2 split between VWL & AKV, but DH thinks it will be a pain to move. Love the thought of VWL for the holidays, but we did buy AKV because we love the feel of that resort too & I've been waiting for Kidani to be open before staying there. Sigh. Decisions, decisions. Anyone want to add there 2 cents?

Happy New Year again everyone! 16 days to go!!

My 2 cents? Pick the earlier date.
JT and Muush will love to have a meet then, doesn't that sound like a great reason???

I hope the Norwalk is not floating around, but we will take precautions. That is one nasty bug.

Eliza !

happybirthday2.gif

Sorry for stealing Maria...but I am just not good making these kinds of things!!

Just couldn't miss wishing our Eliza a very happy birthday!!!

Horselover...nope didn't see any signs of anything like that while we were there!!

Tamplain..it still works out cheaper for us through DVC even with the maintenance.

Eliza, :cake: enjoy your day.

JT, we attended a Candlelight Processional a few weeks ago. We booked a dinner package and had reserved seating, much like Fantasmic. It was so worth it. If I lived close I'd go every year.

Horselover , we just returned on the 22nd; we didn't get sick.

Muushka, have a wonderful trip!

Happy New Year Groupies

Deb

Thank you! Today we take down the tree and pack. Tomorrow I will beg Mr Muush to leave work early, get on the road to WDW!!

PS For those of you around last year at this time, I had reported that I drowned my Zune MP3 player in the Jacuzzi at VWL. Well yesterday, Dec 31, every single Zune 30 in the world died! Well, froze. It was actually funny.

I noticed mine frozen in the AM. Got on the internet to find out what I did wrong to my poor new Zune. No info, so I figured I would do more research later on. By then the world was waking up finding frozen Zunes. Apparently Microsoft forgot that this was a leap year and lost that last day. How funny is that!!!:lmao: :lmao:

It is recharging as we speak and will come to life once the battery is charged.:thumbsup2

Well yesterday, Dec 31, every single Zune 30 in the world died! Well, froze. It was actually funny.

Oh man ! I do remember your Zune woes Muushka. My son's died a year ago and he never got another one. He said he lost hundreds of songs.....movies etc.....and was afraid it would happen again if he got a new one.
But that is funny...hadnt heard about all the Zunes going down yesterday.

Have a wonderful time !!!! You deserve it !

WDW & VWL or BUST for Muushka !

Motorhome-Mickey-1.png

Question for those that just returned - JT, Blossomz, or anyone else I missed. There's a big thread over on the resorts board about a Norwalk-like virus running rampant around the World. Did anyone notice anything like this while you were there? Sometimes I think these rumors just get spread like wildfire for no apparent reason. Seems strange that this virus has been going on for over a month now. I'm not a germaphobe but I'd like to be prepared just in case. I'm hoping this particular rumor is not true. Nothing like a bad stomach virus to ruin a trip. :scared:

So who else is getting ready to make their ressies for next Dec.? We'll be calling soon. Still debating between 12/5-9 or 12/12-16, but leaning towards the 12-16 dates. I'm really torn on where to stay. I was thinking of doing a 2 & 2 split between VWL & AKV, but DH thinks it will be a pain to move. Love the thought of VWL for the holidays, but we did buy AKV because we love the feel of that resort too & I've been waiting for Kidani to be open before staying there. Sigh. Decisions, decisions. Anyone want to add there 2 cents?

Happy New Year again everyone! 16 days to go!!

We returned on the 19th and never saw any sign of the Norwalk. I was surprised to read it was going around!

I'd offer .02 cents on where to stay but I don't think it would be much help at all.....we bought VWL as our favorite but it's probably going to be our 5th point stay before we'll actually end up there!!!!! What I can say is that we did a split stay this trip and personally I don't think I'll do that again during Christmas when there are so many special events going on. Maybe I could have planned better but we did lose some time in the move even though it was pretty easy. We also had guests and it probably wouldn't haven't been bad for just the two of us. So....as I said not much help but at least I understand the dilemma! :rotfl:

Happy Birthday Eliza!!!! :bday:

Happy New Year to all the Groupies!!!! party:

Thank you! Today we take down the tree and pack. Tomorrow I will beg Mr Muush to leave work early, get on the road to WDW!!

PS For those of you around last year at this time, I had reported that I drowned my Zune MP3 player in the Jacuzzi at VWL. Well yesterday, Dec 31, every single Zune 30 in the world died! Well, froze. It was actually funny.

I noticed mine frozen in the AM. Got on the internet to find out what I did wrong to my poor new Zune. No info, so I figured I would do more research later on. By then the world was waking up finding frozen Zunes. Apparently Microsoft forgot that this was a leap year and lost that last day. How funny is that!!!:lmao: :lmao:

It is recharging as we speak and will come to life once the battery is charged.:thumbsup2

:rotfl2: Hey Girlfriend. OMG I had forgotten about you vs. your Zune. We'll at least this time it should come back to life....

Have a wonderful, glorious trip. Take a lot of hand sanitizer because I read that there's been a bug going around.

Thanks every one for the birthday wishes The old guy and I went into center city Philadelphia this morning and immediately got stuck in the middle of the "Mummers day parade" :scared1: That's what we get when we try to sneak away for brunch from Sid & Rizzo.

Wishing every one a safe, prosperous and magical 2009

:woohoo: :woohoo: A BIG HAPPY NEW YEAR GROUPIES :woohoo: :woohoo:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZA

Hey guys I'm Planning on Booking Monday for DEC.09... 6 night stay at VWL for Dec 5-11th Wow... looks like this maybe a magical groupie week :grouphug:

Muushka Have a safe and wonderful trip HOME. Pixie Dust to you and Mr.Muushka :wizard:

OK I give up. Eliza, what is a Mummer?

:woohoo: :woohoo: A BIG HAPPY NEW YEAR GROUPIES :woohoo: :woohoo:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZA

Hey guys I'm Planning on Booking Monday for DEC.09... 6 night stay at VWL for Dec 5-11th Wow... looks like this maybe a magical groupie week :grouphug:

Muushka Have a safe and wonderful trip HOME. Pixie Dust to you and Mr.Muushka :wizard:

Yay!! TP will be there too!!!:banana:

HAPPY NEW YEAR GROUPIES

party: :bday: party: Happy Birthday ELIZA Mummers Day Parade?:confused3

Thanks for the pics blossomz and the link. Enjoyed all of them.

Have a great time Muushka. Only 21:banana: more days til we leave.

To all the groupies who are going in December (unfortunately not us this year again:sad: ) good luck with your ressies.

Bon Voyage Muushka! Hope you have a magical trip!

Now that I know there are going to be so many groupies planning on being at the Lodge the 1st week of Dec. next year I've decided to try for those dates too! :goodvibes Yay Groupie meet! :woohoo:

OK I give up. Eliza, what is a Mummer?
:

Oh boy! :rotfl2: A mummer is a Philadelphia tradition. They have a big parade ever NY's day. Its basically a bunch of grown men in feathers. :rotfl: playing banjos

Mummers020-RKennedy_U.jpg

mummer.gif

sc_mummersparade.jpg

They have an all day parade with prizes for best costumes, best themes etc, etc

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. Eliza, sorry I asked about the parade people!:lmao:

Bon Voyage Muushka! Hope you have a magical trip!

Now that I know there are going to be so many groupies planning on being at the Lodge the 1st week of Dec. next year I've decided to try for those dates too! :goodvibes Yay Groupie meet! :woohoo:

All righty then...the list grows!!:yay:

Hi Groupies :wave2:
Happy New Year one and all!
I've sure enjoyed all of the graphics and pictures posted this past week.:love:

Unfortunately I'm technologically challenged and haven't a clue how to find, let alone add a picture or graphic!:confused3

We also hope to travel 'home' Dec. 3 - 12, though may have to change to later in the month. Am also considering staying over Christmas. Guess we'd better decide soon!

Happy Birthday Eliza!:cake:

Muushka, Have a GREAT trip!:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter