The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

How do you all deal with Fast Passes being off Disney property? We are staying at BC for the first time this Easter break. I am so excited, but am worried about getting FPs. We actually booked a room for a few days at Disney so I can take advantage of 60 day out FP and EMH at MK, but it is adding another $1000 to our trip budget.
What do you all do? Any tips/ secrets to visiting Disney during Easter break without 60 day out Fast passes?
Thank you for your help :)
We usually stay onsite one night at the beginning of our trip. We have AP's so have the rolling 60 day FP window. However even with that we haven't been able to get FOP so far.

Could you just cancel the onsite ressie and if you really want the 60 day window book one of the off site hotels that now come with the 60 day window. At the very least it would cost you less.

We are getting ready for our first wbc stay early in February. We have stayed at a few Orlando area timeshares, and on Disney property for years now, but I’m excited to trade in here. I have looked back about 20 pages here, but I’m looking for usable tips about the resort stay at this property in particular, many of the things I’m seeing are about booking tips and Disney parking, we have an ap and are already booked. We are a family of three, our do is 6. Thank you in advance for your suggestions and tips.

We are getting ready for our first wbc stay early in February. We have stayed at a few Orlando area timeshares, and on Disney property for years now, but I’m excited to trade in here. I have looked back about 20 pages here, but I’m looking for usable tips about the resort stay at this property in particular, many of the things I’m seeing are about booking tips and Disney parking, we have an ap and are already booked. We are a family of three, our do is 6. Thank you in advance for your suggestions and tips.

Probably only tip I can think of is to blow off the parking desk. You don't need a parking pass and it's just a chance to have you tour the property and hard sell a timeshare. We just went to our room and didn't go to parking desk, and when they called our room we just told them we weren't interested, nicely but firmly, and they didn't bother us again.

Oh and the AC only works with the doors firmly shut, if you use the balcony sliding door make sure you get it all the way closed.

Grab an activities sheet from the activity desk when you arrive - there are lots of offerings at the resort! Sometimes people will take a pic and post them here so you know the schedule ahead of time, but if not you can just look for the week when you get there.

And ditto skipping the parking desk. You don't need a parking pass. Your room card will open the gate.

Can you rent for longer than a week without having to move rooms? Have stayed at the Vistana before, but will all the 'love' for Bonnet Creek thinking of making a change. Also, is it impossible to get housekeeping if booking outside of Wyndham itself?

Can you rent for longer than a week without having to move rooms? Have stayed at the Vistana before, but will all the 'love' for Bonnet Creek thinking of making a change. Also, is it impossible to get housekeeping if booking outside of Wyndham itself?
We’ve always stayed longer than one week (requiring 2 reservations) and have never moved. They link the reservations in the system. It’s possible, but rare.
Yes, you can get housekeeping regardless of how you booked. Just costs extra that’s paid directly to WBC. Just talk to the front desk.

I have read through ~30 pages, but was trying to find an answer on whether it is risky to book greater than 60 days out with a megarenter. I have a good price quote, but I read in a different Wyndham thread that megarenters will cancel the original reservation and then rebook once within 60 days of the trip since they have to use fewer points that way--but that carries the small risk that the reservation is lost during the cancel/rebook if inventory is tight. Is this a real issue? If not, why the comments about "if you are within 60 days you should be "ok""? Thanks!

That only applied before Wyndham changed the rules. You can't really cancel and rebook anymore because you will most likely loose the reservation to someone else who requested an upgrade.

IF you're happy with the quote I'd book. It would be rare to get a better deal closer anymore.

I have read through ~30 pages, but was trying to find an answer on whether it is risky to book greater than 60 days out with a megarenter. I have a good price quote, but I read in a different Wyndham thread that megarenters will cancel the original reservation and then rebook once within 60 days of the trip since they have to use fewer points that way--but that carries the small risk that the reservation is lost during the cancel/rebook if inventory is tight. Is this a real issue? If not, why the comments about "if you are within 60 days you should be "ok""? Thanks!

Wyndham has changed their reservation cancellation/rebooking procedure due to megarenters like these. Now if an owner cancels a reservation they have to wait a period of time before the canceled becomes available again (or something along those lines). This means that they cannot cancel their reservation and immediately rebook the same room they just canceled for fewer points. So if you find a rate that you feel is decent you should book it.

Our WBC stays (5) have always been 9-10 nights.

We have never had to change rooms at the one week mark.

When you check in .. just make sure they know your *final* check out day

and they will look for a 2nd Reservation in the system (and link it ~ if needed)

IIRC Housekeeping is provided (one time) on the 8th Day (no extra charge)

We usually just ask for the towels etc to be left for us.

Last edited:
I've used Shelby Resorts at least 3 times now with no problems at all. I've always found their rates lowest but things are a little different now that Wyndham changed the rules. It's easiest to book inside 60 days now.[/QUO

Why is it better to book at the 60 day mark?

Why is it better to book at the 60 day mark?

It's not necessarily better but in my personal experience there is much more availability inside 60 days and at prices I am comfortable paying. As discussed a few posts up, Wyndham used to have an easy mechanism in the booking system where the person who made a reservation far in advance could cancel that reservation inside of 60 days and immediately book it again at far fewer points (taking advantage of a "last minute discount" on the booking). Individuals and businesses who rent Wyndham reservations for profit made the maximum profit this way and were often able to pass on some of the savings to the guest.

Now that the policies have changed, the "cancel and rebook" method is riskier, so if you need a stay booked farther in advance than 60 days, it will require a larger number of Wyndham points than it did in the past and thus will likely cost more to book.

My kids finally have a two week break around the holidays. In the past, they have gotten the week or Christmas and maybe one more day.

We were toying with the idea of heading down to WDW from December 29-January 5. I know it'll be insane, but we are starting to hesitate to take the kids out of school for vacations.

We stayed at Bonnet Creek this past October and really liked it. But, I'm wondering what I might expect to pay for that week for a two bedroom. I notice eBay doesn't seem to have rentals that far out.

Any ideas what I could expect? Does Vacation Strategies allow you to book this far out? Better to wait a few months?

We're staying from Feb 3-13. We will have my 11 month old with us. Do they provide cribs or playards? Also, do they have high chairs available? Thanks!

We are staying in June for 8 days and 7 nights. If we need extra towels, is there a charge for that since we do not have housekeeping?
I understand there are pool towels at the pool.
What are the closest food stores, like Publix or Walmart?

Is there anything else that was not in the room that would have bought or packed?

We have stayed at SVV in the past and always need to buy more paper towels for example.

Thanks

We're staying from Feb 3-13. We will have my 11 month old with us. Do they provide cribs or playards? Also, do they have high chairs available? Thanks!

They provide pack 'n' plays and highchairs. Request them when you check in and they will be delivered to your room.

We are staying in June for 8 days and 7 nights. If we need extra towels, is there a charge for that since we do not have housekeeping?

Is there anything else that was not in the room that would have bought or packed?

We have stayed at SVV in the past and always need to buy more paper towels for example.

Thanks

1. There are a lot towels in the room and we have not run out, so unsure.
2. You check out pool towels at the activities desk. You can swap them out, take them to your room, whatever but in the end out have to check back in your towels to avoid being charged.
3. I usually go to the Publix at Water Tower Shoppes. There is a Walmart on Vineland Road I would sometimes go to, but it is super-crowded. There is a new Walmart on Old Lake Wilson road that I haven't visited but could be nicer.
4. Dryer sheets are not provided. I have been able to get anything else, like paper towels, by asking, but YMMV.

Thanks

Not sure on the towels. Like Upatnoon said, I have always found that there are an ample amount of towels stocked in the rooms and we just throw them in the washer ourselves if they need to be washed.

Ditto Upatnoon on the Publix at Water Tower Shoppes. They also have a nice beer and wine selection inside the store and a liquor store next door, if you like to pick up adult beverages. Their deli sandwiches are good, too, so that's a quick and easy meal off the bat :)

Additional items: I'm kind of picky about paper towels (gotta have select-a-size!), so I pick some up at Publix when we stop. I also like to have disposable coffee cups. I find that the amount of dishwasher packets isn't enough for a full week for us since we cook a lot in the room, so I like to throw some pods from home in a baggie to bring along. Aluminum foil if you cook with it. I also like to bring along our own grilling tools. You can check them out at the activity desks, but I like not having to mess with checkout and return.

You may want to look for a thread about a pair of "Pay It Forward" bins at WBC - there are a lot of these extras in the bins that people pass along when they don't use them up. They work great and we try to get on the list for one on every visit.

It's not necessarily better but in my personal experience there is much more availability inside 60 days and at prices I am comfortable paying. As discussed a few posts up, Wyndham used to have an easy mechanism in the booking system where the person who made a reservation far in advance could cancel that reservation inside of 60 days and immediately book it again at far fewer points (taking advantage of a "last minute discount" on the booking). Individuals and businesses who rent Wyndham reservations for profit made the maximum profit this way and were often able to pass on some of the savings to the guest.

Now that the policies have changed, the "cancel and rebook" method is riskier, so if you need a stay booked farther in advance than 60 days, it will require a larger number of Wyndham points than it did in the past and thus will likely cost more to book.

We are looking to go in April (14th) The chart of Vacation Strategies says it's the first week of the value season. I recently got a quote and it was ok but more than the VS chart. Would you wait until the 60 mark? Will the prices get much better then? I'm looking for a 2 bed, standard is fine, 6-7 nights so nothing unusual. But I don't have any flexibility in my dates. I'm happy to wait but I don't want to find there is no availability. Searching now at 90 days, I'm finding reasonable availability.

I honestly wouldn't wait til 60 days. It's pretty hard to get a week that close to check in. Most of the inventory from within 60 days would be rooms already booked so might not have the dates you want. If you're flexible it could work but I wouldn't count on getting a room.

We are owners and it is very hard to book directly from the owner website inside 60 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter