The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

One stay hooked us as well. We were DVC members and one year I did not have enough points so I booked Bonnet Creek not expecting too much. I was wowed. Sold our DVC points and have stayed at Bonnet Creek since. Disney's DVC units do not come close to being as nice. Plus the kids like the lazy river pools. They never did like Storm a long bay because it was always so crowded.
Maybe I need to actually see what's needed to buy into it!

Maybe I need to actually see what's needed to buy into it!

That's what we recently did. Previous DVC owners here as well, but we sold a while back and continued to stay onsite...finally tried WBC after cruising by the entrance so many times and we were hooked! (though we still stay onsite at Fort Wilderness when we take our RV...haven't ventured offsite for campgrounds, YET!) Anyway, if you are interested in becoming a Wyndham owner, head over to the TUG message boards and soak up everything you can, take your time to learn as much as you can about all of the nuances and different options, then buy resale and not direct from Wyndham.

For MK Uber/Lyft drops off at the TTC. You could also drop off at the Contemporary and walk over. We don't mind parking, though, for the most part. There is something special about the excitement building from taking the tram to then taking the ferry or monorail (I prefer the ferry ride, just something really nice about it - especially first thing in the morning!)

We do sometimes Uber/Lyft if we know we'll be park hopping and don't want to drive between parks or circle back at the end of the day, or if we know we want to have a couple of adult beverages at Epcot. Epcot is an easy Uber from WBC - go to Boardwalk or Beach Club and walk into the Epcot entrance at International Gateway.

We have APs, so the fee isn't really a factor for us, just the logistics. But if you are paying the daily rate, remember that you only pay once per day. You can access other parks or the same park more than once for the entire day.
Thank you for all the information!

Just booked a 2-bedroom at WBC for Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend. I sent inquiries to both Vacation Strategy and Vacation Upgrades. I received an auto reply from VU that they were not booking, but later received an email that they were. Israel from VS called a couple of minutes after my request and was terrific. Very informative, but laid back and not pushy. VS costs were competitive and we went with them.

We usually stay at Pop but we will be 4 adults on this trip so needed two rooms at Pop. A 2-bedroom at WBC was just about the same price as one standard room at Pop, so for us it works out to be about half the price.

I was quoted $1726 for one week in mid June through VS for a 2 bedroom. This was back in December. Is this the going rate now? We are considering Windsor Hills, but loved BC when we stayed there a few years ago.

I was quoted $1726 for one week in mid June through VS for a 2 bedroom. This was back in December. Is this the going rate now? We are considering Windsor Hills, but loved BC when we stayed there a few years ago.
I just booked last week and that is what we are paying.

I've looked at recent comments and searched but can't quite find the answers: How much is the bus right now? Does it arrive at the parks before rope drop? Is Uber/lyft really better for only 1 person? Is the time that going to a nearby resort/park and using Disney transport to get to a further park "worth" the cost difference? Also, best method to get from airport-->hotel?

I'm staying a Bonnet Creek one-bedroom through a friend who is an owner, but my sister and her family (2 kids, her husband and his parents) will be at French Quarter. I'm trying to figure out if it's easiest to meet them at the park or uber/lyft over to their resort and use the Disney transport with them. I'm also open to walking somewhere and using Disney transport but I've been told there's no good walking paths for that and I'd rather not be hit by a car.

I had to choose between a cheaper hotel than the others with a couple extra days for just me (which will help keep the peace, haha, and I have friends in the area) or staying with them but getting a shorter trip (although even then, it was tight math and a small budget!) or not going at all(I just couldn't justify the value resort costs based on the reviews and amenities), but when my friend heard about my plight, she offered the use of some of her points for a fair price. I'm really looking forward to this, but know there's going to be some hurdles!

In the past, I've always stayed on site, but I'm currently living and working in China, so this is also my one trip to the US for a good amount of time and I look forward to the suite-style with a real kitchen! Even eating leftover pizza for a late-night snack for a week sounds like a dream!

I've looked at recent comments and searched but can't quite find the answers: How much is the bus right now? Does it arrive at the parks before rope drop? Is Uber/lyft really better for only 1 person? Is the time that going to a nearby resort/park and using Disney transport to get to a further park "worth" the cost difference? Also, best method to get from airport-->hotel?

I'm staying a Bonnet Creek one-bedroom through a friend who is an owner, but my sister and her family (2 kids, her husband and his parents) will be at French Quarter. I'm trying to figure out if it's easiest to meet them at the park or uber/lyft over to their resort and use the Disney transport with them. I'm also open to walking somewhere and using Disney transport but I've been told there's no good walking paths for that and I'd rather not be hit by a car.

I had to choose between a cheaper hotel than the others with a couple extra days for just me (which will help keep the peace, haha, and I have friends in the area) or staying with them but getting a shorter trip (although even then, it was tight math and a small budget!) or not going at all(I just couldn't justify the value resort costs based on the reviews and amenities), but when my friend heard about my plight, she offered the use of some of her points for a fair price. I'm really looking forward to this, but know there's going to be some hurdles!

In the past, I've always stayed on site, but I'm currently living and working in China, so this is also my one trip to the US for a good amount of time and I look forward to the suite-style with a real kitchen! Even eating leftover pizza for a late-night snack for a week sounds like a dream!

Most of my Uber rides around property in UberX run about $8. I don't think you'd save time or much money by Ubering to French Quarter and then using Disney buses - Bonnet Creek is pretty centrally located so you might save a dollar or two going to French Quarter but then you have to wait for and ride on the park bus from there when you could have already been at the park. Unless you are trying to maximize your time with your family, I probably wouldn't do that. And, as you already know, you really can't walk safely to any of the Disney resorts.

I don't want to tell you something you already know, but you can check Uber rates for any of the routes you are curious about by going into the app like you're going to book a ride and editing your pick up and drop off locations. UberX from the airport is about $35.

Sorry I don't have much information about the Wyndham bus schedules, we've never had to use it as we either drive or Uber. Hopefully others will chime in.

The further out you book, the more you pay. In a few weeks you may find several weeks for $1,000, but of course, there are no guarantees.

I don't want to tell you something you already know, but you can check Uber rates for any of the routes you are curious about by going into the app like you're going to book a ride and editing your pick up and drop off locations. UberX from the airport is about $35.
I actually didn't know that, haha. I've never used Uber before, as I left for China about the time it took off, and haven't seen the need for it when I've visited home. I'm hoping it's similar enough to DiDi and/or easy enough to understand in my native language that I'll be able to figure it out, but I'm more than happy to hear any tips on how to use it.

And, as for the time/money savings, thanks. That was my instinct, but I wanted to make sure I was picturing the distances okay. I'm not too worried about maximizing time to that extent. If we left the parks early or took a break, I might go back with them instead of going back to my hotel, right away, but that helps me know it's a decision I can make on case-by-case basis.

Thanks!

Uber is always going to be faster than WDW transportation. If you wanted to go back to the hotel during the day unless there's a bus waiting for PO, I'd go back to Bonnet Creek, the pools are better and all your stuff is there. Yes it does cost money while WDW transporation is free, but it's always under $10 and there are a ton of codes for Lyft when you sign up as a new user to make the price almost free.

The shuttle schedule is usually on the hour, but for early entry I wouldn't rely on it.

I have booked around 9 times with Vacation Upgrades who I just love. Unfortunately I left it too late this time, my own fault. I have a quote from Vacation Strategy which I am happy with but just wanted to ask if others have booked with them and if they are recommended. I remember being so nervous the first time I booked with VU as it all seemed too good to be true. I always get a Wyndhams Reservation number from VU straight away, does VS work the same way. Thank you

I have booked around 9 times with Vacation Upgrades who I just love. Unfortunately I left it too late this time, my own fault. I have a quote from Vacation Strategy which I am happy with but just wanted to ask if others have booked with them and if they are recommended. I remember being so nervous the first time I booked with VU as it all seemed too good to be true. I always get a Wyndhams Reservation number from VU straight away, does VS work the same way. Thank you

Have booked with both and while I prefer Ken and Denise ( Vacation Upgrades) because their service is more personal, Vacation Strategy was good too.

I was really happy with VS last time and so far this time. I did not get a reservation number from them at any time.

I was advised to call Wyndham Bonnet Creek directly 2 weeks prior to our arrival to insure the reservation was in my name properly and it was.

Does anybody have a current activities schedule they could share an image of? Anybody there now or has been recently? Thanks!

Does anybody have a current activities schedule they could share an image of? Anybody there now or has been recently? Thanks!
We're finishing up around a month's worth of spring break crowds. If someone does post a recent activity schedule, do you think the activities will more-or-less stay the same? Or do they drop off after the spring breakers go home?

We're finishing up around a month's worth of spring break crowds. If someone does post a recent activity schedule, do you think the activities will more-or-less stay the same? Or do they drop off after the spring breakers go home?

I'm not sure what the cycle is, but I would think that it would be somewhat the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter