The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All...so I keep reading everywhere that unless you check in after the parking pass desk people leave, don't have your spouse, or lie about your income you have to deal with them trying to give you a hard sell on the time shares.

Does this happen to people who already own the timeshare? If so, what time does the parking pass people usually leave? We probably won't be at our hotel until around 6-6:30pm since we get in at 5:15 but got to get our car rental (yes we went with a rental for those of you who remember my previous posts ;)) then we will probably go grocery shopping before we check in to save some time.

Thanks all! :cool1:

Yes, it happens to timeshare owners! They call it "Owner's Update," supposedly to tell you the "latest news about your timeshare." The funny thing is, if you go, and have no interest in buying more points, the sales weasel will indignantly demand to know why you took the "tour" if you had no interest in buying.

Back after 11 days...Bonnet Creek was amazing… looking forward to booking my trip through VS again next year at BCR! Amazing is a understatement! :banana:
Tower 6 Presidential two bedroom!
Pro's...EVERYTHING Was great!!! :lovestrucClean, well kept and decorate! Pools were clean, staff was accommodating and friendly! Grills to BBQ! Everything you need to cook in kitchen! Beds and Pillows were comfortable! Showers had great water pressure! Dining table was nice and big! Couches and leather chair with ottoman was very comfortable! Love this room!!! Hope to get it again in the future! Costco 10-15 minutes away!

Con… WIFI SUCKED! LOL I will take that any day though with how great this place is!!! Ipads wouldn't stay connected and kept getting bumped off with the lab top!

On the 17th floor of tower six they have a VIP presidential suit for presidential owners to view the fireworks and to watch TV! :happytv: Nice room with a great view of the fireworks! Never read anyone write about this room, so I thought I would share! :thumbsup2 Explore… there are a lot of little things that make this place so special! From the garbage shoots ::yes:: at the end of the tower to the great restaurants in the new hotel! :groom:

Enjoy your trip!:woohoo:

On the 17th floor of tower six they have a VIP presidential suit for presidential owners to view the fireworks and to watch TV! :happytv: Nice room with a great view of the fireworks! Never read anyone write about this room, so I thought I would share!

You are not an owner and they allowed you to use the suite? I was under the impression that this was for owners only. Did they tell you about it at check in or do you just stumble across it and no questions were asked?

Does anyone know if they sell Disney DVDs in the store at WBC? The new tinkerbell movie comes out on 10/23 when we will be at WBC. The 23rd is dd's birthday, so I would love to be able to get it for her.

As an alternative, I wonder if we could get a package from Amazon while there ... has anyone done this?

I don't know if they sell DVD's (Never paid attention), But even if they have a few, i doubt they'd have release day type inventory.

As for an Amazon package.... Yes, you should be able to get one delivered. People ship stuff to themselves on a regular basis at the resort.... from Luggage, to bottled water, etc. Usually you would ship it to yourself, "Care of" the Bonnet Creek Resort.... and it helps if you can someone include your checkin date or room number [if you know it]. I haven't done it personally though, so my recommendation would be to contact the resort directly to check on their policies and requirements to have a package shipped to you at the resort.

I have a question that hopefully some of you know the answer to. I've stayed in a 4 bedroom presidental before (and loved it). Last time it was just two families so a parking pass really wasn't an issue. We were issued two at check in. This time it's 3 couples and two singles all coming from different directions and different days. Will getting 5 parking passes be a problem? We won't be going over the limit of people (12) but will not be checking in at the same time.

I have a question that hopefully some of you know the answer to. I've stayed in a 4 bedroom presidental before (and loved it). Last time it was just two families so a parking pass really wasn't an issue. We were issued two at check in. This time it's 3 couples and two singles all coming from different directions and different days. Will getting 5 parking passes be a problem? We won't be going over the limit of people (12) but will not be checking in at the same time.

I've had no problem requesting 3 parking passes for a 2bdrm before, so I don't think you'll have a problem with getting 5 for a 4bdrm. I just requested the multiple passes when I checked in and got my pass and then gave it to the other people who needed them when they arrived.

You are not an owner and they allowed you to use the suite? I was under the impression that this was for owners only. Did they tell you about it at check in or do you just stumble across it and no questions were asked?

Not a owner just stumbled across it one evening! Didn't know it was for owners only until I asked the front desk about it when we were leaving! :cool1:

Can someone find out whether a wired connection still exists at WBC where you can bring your own router? Thanks!

I'm assuming there would be. Tower 6 has always had wireless, but when I stayed in it last year I could also use the wired connection.

Plus, since the phone system uses IP Phones, They can't just dismantle the networking in each tower which the wired connections piggy-backed on.

I can verify though if needed when I head down in a few weeks.

I'm assuming there would be. Tower 6 has always had wireless, but when I stayed in it last year I could also use the wired connection.

Plus, since the phone system uses IP Phones, They can't just dismantle the networking in each tower which the wired connections piggy-backed on.

I can verify though if needed when I head down in a few weeks.

Could you please verify re the wired connection? It seems like someone in Tower 6 recently had a tough time holding a connection via wifi. If needed and the condo is capable, I don't mind bringing a router in our to stay connected with fewer glitches.

Thanks!

Could you please verify re the wired connection? It seems like someone in Tower 6 recently had a tough time holding a connection via wifi. If needed and the condo is capable, I don't mind bringing a router in our to stay connected with fewer glitches.

Thanks!

Will do.

Not sure though on if you may still run into issues due to channel interference. (Same thing you run into with apartment buildings if you and your neighbor both have wireless networks running on the same wifi channel)

Will do.

Not sure though on if you may still run into issues due to channel interference. (Same thing you run into with apartment buildings if you and your neighbor both have wireless networks running on the same wifi channel)

Thanks!

Yes, that interference may be a bit of an issue...ugh! Guess EVERYTHING can't be perfect.;)

Will do.

When I travel with laptop & router ... YMMV

I have had zero issue with interference at Hilton's and WBC (May 2012)

or for that matter @ home = 200+ unit complex.

my2cents

:cool1:

I do suggest bringing your own cables (WBC ethernet cable had a broken connector)

FWIW, I was on the phone with the front desk a few days ago and they assured me I would have a wired ethernet connection option in addition to WiFi (I'll be in Tower 6).

OK so we are going @ Halloween, and we always decorated our windows/doors with Halloween decorations...does anyone do this at WBC?

Thanks!

I'm here now in Tower 2. I have a decent wifi signal, and there is a wired connection as well.

Thanks!

We brought a router with us on our recent two week stay last month in Tower 3. Initially, we didn't set up the router, and found that we were getting kicked off the wifi pretty frequently. Once we hooked up the router, we had no wifi issues at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter