The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was free dining offered 9/27/09-12/17/09 according to Mousesavers historical discounts page. It was first able to be booked 7/24 for Disney visa cardholders and 7/27 for the general public. That is kind of what I was wondering about too. Free dining may sway me back to property. The end of July is way too late for me to be booking something comfortably for Thanksgiving week. I like to have things set way ahead of time:thumbsup2

What to do..What to do!!!

Thank you so much for posting those dates. We went in Sept with free dining and I remember having it booked for a while and then they added Oct - Dec. We just kept our trip for Sept. I do have a Disney Visa, for this reason only and I am hoping that they offer it again for Dec. I have been talking to DH about all of this tonight and I think that I am going to go ahead and book it with Disney and wait & see what happens. If they do not offer free dining, DH wants to stay at BC. He thinks that it would be better all around, but he is cheap too and if I can save with free dining, we will have to go that way.

So, what are you doing? Are you booking BC first? I am nervous because the chance of them offering free dining for next Dec are slim. I think that they will offer it for Sept again though.

We will be arriving at BC on Saturday. So excited. We know we have building 5 (8th floot) Fireworks view. I hope that is where we want to be. Either way we will just be excited to be in Disney! now if I can figure out what to pack I will be golden.

We will be arriving at BC on Saturday. So excited. We know we have building 5 (8th floot) Fireworks view. I hope that is where we want to be. Either way we will just be excited to be in Disney! now if I can figure out what to pack I will be golden.

I hope that you have a great time. :) Who did you book through for your trip?

Have a great time and take lots of pics for us!

DH is really wanting to stay here so I emailed them at vacationupgrade two days ago but I have not heard back from them yet. How long does it normally take?

You may want to send him another email...usually he is Johnny on the spot, but may be backlogged.

You may want to send him another email...usually he is Johnny on the spot, but may be backlogged.

I just missed his phone call when I ran to pick up my dog from being groomed. :rotfl: He just sent an email so I got the information. He seems really nice. He said that I should be ok to wait until June to book it but I think I may just go ahead and do it soon to make sure. If I need to cancel for some reason it's only 129.00 so that's not bad. I'm really getting excited about it. Thank you so much for starting this thread!!:flower3:

I agree with Brian Noble- it's cheaper to book off season from an owner. We purchased because as both my DH and I being teachers we can only travel during the prime time thereby paying the rack rate of the rooms all of the time. We need to book way in advance b/c we can never do anything last minute. :confused3 My godfather got involved with BC 5 years ago and purchased from the developer. He paid close to $50,000. Cdn. for around 350,000 points. For the past few years we have been tracking the price on ebay and b/c of the economy it went down considerable last year. We purchased on ebay last spring for 346,000 for $2,300 plus closing costs. We were not going to purchase for another year or so, but in the past couple of months there has been more rallying at the end of ebay sales which is starting to drive up the prices again. (the economy is strengthening??) So... we canceled our upcoming trip and for $910 we bought 154,000 points which brings us up to an even 500,000 points. Cost per night works out to $109 for a 1 bedroom and if we go with somebody else for a 2 bedroom it works out to be about $179.00 per night- or $89 per couple. Now, people like Ken Price probably bought some points directly from the resort and gets extra perks (less points) but for us we are are happy to pay less on our overall fee. I have worked it through and I do not think that we can travel any cheaper during prime time/red season unless we do it this way. Or... we bid on rooms and don't know where we'll be- but when I take a vacation, I want someplace nice. Bonnet Creek works for us! With our points this summer we are planning to go to Williamsberg Virginia, and then possibly (if I can convince DH) to drive down to do the free dining afterwards. :goodvibes We would stay at Bonnet Creek, but will be back next Christmas to stay there. But we'll just have to wait and see. But whatever you do- DON'T BUY FROM THE DEVELOPER!!!!! :goodvibes

Can someone tell me where on Disney property Bonnet Creek is located? I have it in my head that it is behind DTD. Is this right?

Can someone tell me where on Disney property Bonnet Creek is located? I have it in my head that it is behind DTD. Is this right?

It's beyond DTD - actually "behind" Epcot/MGM (OK, I know they renamed it but its still MGM to me!)

but in the past couple of months there has been more rallying at the end of ebay sales which is starting to drive up the prices again. (the economy is strengthening??)
This is possibly just seasonal variation---there is a glut of inventory in the fourth quarter from people who get yet another annual timeshare MF bill and decide to sell and it's usually cleared up by the end of the year. Folks also start thinking about summer vacation planning in the first quarter, and as they do, more buyers come to the market.

How do you rent at Bonnet Creek. My friend needs a two bedroom in Oct. I have no idea and no information, so tell me all the things I need to know.

BC is located adjacent to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort (east of CBR). The entrance to BC is off of Buena Vista Drive at the traffic light just west of the Epcot Center Road overpass.

Go to Google Maps and do a search: http://maps.google.com/
In the search box, type-in: "Wyndham Bonnet Creek"
The map will be zoomed-in on the BC resort.

How do you rent at Bonnet Creek. My friend needs a two bedroom in Oct. I have no idea and no information, so tell me all the things I need to know.

I went to vacationupgrades.com and went under contact us. I sent an email to them and then they contacted me.

BC is located adjacent to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort (east of CBR). The entrance to BC is off of Buena Vista Drive at the traffic light just west of the Epcot Center Road overpass.

Go to Google Maps and do a search: http://maps.google.com/
In the search box, type-in: "Wyndham Bonnet Creek"
The map will be zoomed-in on the BC resort.

Thank you!!:thumbsup2

Started another thread in case no one on this one knew.

Wondering if anyone knows what a 3 bedroom costs booking 60 days out with Ken Price and Vacation Upgrades?
It's not on the website as far as I can tell...only a 1 and 2bdrm.

Thanks so much!

Great Thread! We will be going in 2 weeks and would like to know what cookware is supplied? We have some ADR's, but we are taking some pre-prepared meals(thank you Dream Dinners) that require some baking pans etc. Thanks in advance for the info:cool1:

Great Thread! We will be going in 2 weeks and would like to know what cookware is supplied? We have some ADR's, but we are taking some pre-prepared meals(thank you Dream Dinners) that require some baking pans etc. Thanks in advance for the info:cool1:

Just about everything you need. But it can be limited. Like one saucer, one large boiling pot, etc. I never did any baking, so maybe someone can chime in on bake pans.

They have nice silverware and utensils for cooking, and lots of cups and plates.

I agree with vettechick. They have stuff, but it is limited and what they do have is not the best quality. In other words, the frying pan is definitely not non-stick.

I guess I'd say the kitchen supplies are pretty standard compared to other places we've rented at in the past.

Have an awesome time! We'll be there in a few weeks too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter