The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I booked through Magical Holiday on EBay. 15 days out now...anyone know who I should call at the WBC to confirm..

Welcome to Part 4 of The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread!

Hat tip to all those who started these threads and kept them going:
Lisa0620, SparKeLLy, vettechick99, donaldduck352, Disfan15, Cdn Gal, and many more!

Here are the links to the old threads (I highly recommend reading at least the first post on each):

Part 1
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2114303

Part 2
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739937

Part 3
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2951974

Here are the links to some other useful threads:

Bonnet Creek Photos
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2701195

Bonnet Creek Pay it Forward
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3155751

I've personally stayed at WBC twice and will be staying there again in July 2015. My family and I love it!

Here is some general information about the resort (copied from the previous threads - thanks again!):

Address:
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
9560 Via Encinas, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Map View
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46103273&postcount=3524

What/Where is Bonnet Creek?
Bonnet Creek Resort is a 70-acre area located in the southeast corner of Walt Disney World. It is not owned by Disney, but is bordered on three sides by Disney-owned land. The entrance is located just east of the entrance to Disney’s Caribbean Beach resort. The concept was to set up a cluster of luxury hotels. There is currently a Wyndham timeshare resort: Wyndham Bonnet Creek (the focus of this thread), the Waldorf Astoria and Hilton Bonnet Creek complex, and an 18 hole golf course.

How do I make a reservation at Bonnet Creek?
Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a timeshare resort. You can rent units from Wyndham timeshare owners. People on this thread have had luck with rentals from ebay, through Ken Price at www.vacationupgrades.com, through Vacation Strategy www.vacationstrategy.com, Farrell's Vacations, and others.

The best price is available when you book within 60 days of your trip. If you make a reservation through Ken Price at www.vacationupgrades.com, he will automatically check at the 60-day point if there is still availability and rebook you at the lower rate.

Vacation Strategy has an excellent cancellation policy (which is why I've used them personally).

You can also reserve online through Wyndham, but if you reserve through Wyndham, you will be paying much more than what you would pay renting from an owner.
wyndhambonnetcreek.com or call: 800-610-9558

Is there a parking fee at the resort?
Parking is free at Bonnet Creek but you will have to pay to park at the theme parks.

Is there a shuttle from the airport to the resort?
No, a rental car is recommended.

Can we walk to the Caribbean Beach Resort and use their transportation?
No, although the resorts are next to each other, there is no safe walking path between them.

Does Bonnet Creek provide transportation to the parks and Downtown Disney?
Yes, there is a shuttle. It used to be free, but now there is a charge for it. There is one bus for both MK and Epcot and another for DHS and Animal Kingdom. If you use the ‘Search This Thread’ feature there are several shuttle schedules posted on this thread and the old ones. Some people report good experience with the shuttles, but the majority recommend renting a car.

What is included with the units?
A kitchen with full sized appliances, washer/dryer, iron and ironing board, TV and DVD in the living room, TV’s in each bedroom (flat screens only in the newer buildings.)

The closet of the master bedroom contains a wall safe, which might fit a smaller laptop.

The kitchens come fully stocked with dishes, flatware, knives, basic pots and pans, colander, hand mixer, blender, toaster, coffee maker (takes cone style filters), standard gadgets: corkscrew, can opener, cheese grater, pizza cutter, ice cream scoop. The units come stocked with a few days worth of coffee, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher tabs and laundry soap. The bathrooms have trial sized toiletries and a wall mount hair dryer. Refills of all supplies are available at the front desk for free.

Is there daily maid service?
No. You can request a cleaning during your stay for a fee, but it is not otherwise provided. You are expected to wash your own towels during your stay. (There are towels provided at the pool for swimming.) There will be instructions in the unit for check out day: you are asked to strip the beds, put all the linens in the bathroom and empty your trash into the hallway chute.

Are the pools heated?
Yes, except the kiddie pools near the main building have been reported as not being heated.

Are there towels at the pool?
Yes. Pick up and drop off right at the poolside.

Is there Internet and what is the cost?
There is now free wifi available in the rooms.

How to get wifi at the resort
After you check-in you will recieve a small booklet. In there will provide you with the wifi password.

Will you have to attend a timeshare tour?
No. After you check in, you will be asked to visit another desk to pick up your parking pass. They will ask you some questions which you can choose to answer or not. You will be asked to sign up for a tour. I have declined each trip and never been asked again.

How can I buy into Bonnet Creek/Wyndham properties?
Check out the tug groups at www.tug2.com. Also, there has been some chatter on this thread about points and fees. Read throughout or check out the random posts on pages 13-16.

How to avoid timeshare people
I skipped the "Parking Desk" on both trips and never had any problems. Alternatively, go to the timeshare desk they will ask you some questions. Just tell them that your spouse isn't with you and/or mark the lowest income box on their form.

Activities
There are activities going on everyday at the resort. There should be an activity schedule posted in each building. Also there are kid activities at the Grand's pool at around 12 pm. They get a special treat after the activity at the Grand hotel.

Shops/Restaurants/Bars on the resort
Starbucks coffee brewers in the main building Deep Blu seafood restaurant in the Grand hotel Bar at the Grand pool Gift shop in the main building and more!

Requesting rooms, views, etc.
You can request a lot of things at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. You can request tower, view, floor(low, middle, high), etc. They are under no obligation to honor your requests, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

We stay at Hilton bonnet creek every time! We love the lazy river, friendly staff, bus service and the price to stay! Feels like a resort.

"I have 2 questions that hopefully someone can answer for me.
I rented from Vacation Strategy and check in next Monday evening. Should I have received a reservation confirmation number by now
? "

Vicki, you will not receive a confirmation number from VS, you should have received an auto reply email when you payed your deposit followed by another email confirming they had received your deposit. When you arrive at BC all you need is ID.

Thanks. Using Skyauction so I'll call about 10 days prior. We have never had a problem in the past.

My parents offered to let us use a couple of their timeshare credits through Global Discovery Vacations, and Wyndham Bonnet Creek was one of our choices. I've been googling all of the options and didn't even realize this one had its own disboard thread! After reading through some of the posts here we went ahead and booked it! It's our first time staying off site, so I'm a bit nervous, but this thread has helped.

We have never stayed at WBC before but we are looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom since we are going with another family of 4. We are looking to go from 3/17-3/21. I checked with Vacation Strategy but they said there is nothing available.
Am I way too late to find a decent rate at WBC? Not familiar with booking them. Any tips or help appreciated!

When putting in requests ..what exactly do you ask for...first time for us...we will not be renting a car...so near a main entrance for Uber would be best. I would think...

Is the recreation/shuttle schedule for the week of January 19 available? I tried searching within the thread but didn’t see anything.

When putting in requests ..what exactly do you ask for...first time for us...we will not be renting a car...so near a main entrance for Uber would be best. I would think...

They really don't take requests and I honestly get better locations by NOT asking. LOL

But, for Uber I guess you could request the Main Building. Although Tower 2 and 4 would not be bad. I'm not sure of your exact dates but there might be a Purple Bin available if you are interested in the WBC Pay It Forward Box.

Look at page 1 of the thread. It lists the dates both bins are available. It just a bin filled with extras from other guests but they come in handy :)

We are staying at the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek and would like to know if we can use the laundry facilities at the other Wyndham properties in Bonnet Creek since the Grand does not have any.

We are staying at the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek and would like to know if we can use the laundry facilities at the other Wyndham properties in Bonnet Creek since the Grand does not have any.
Wyndham Bonnet Creek (the time share) has laundry in each unit. There is no shared laundry room there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter