The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We may. :goodvibes Just waiting on some extended family to be able to arrange their work schedules. We really enjoy the 🌲 atmosphere of the Orlando area theme parks in the pre-Christmas season. The resort is always beautiful and fun year-round.

Reaching out for some advice here. I've read that people have had success renting out through Ebay. Anything I should be on the lookout for or be receiving from a seller to avoid getting scammed or ensuring I won't get a last minute cancellation. Way out of my comfort zone here so really appreciate all advice on this...

I haven’t rented through eBay but I would definitely not send anyone payment other than a card so you can be backed up in your purchase and have protection. Also, I wouldn’t risk booking during any of the blackout dates.
I used Koala to book and they are great! They hold the funds also until you check in so you aren’t at risk of losing your money if someone cancels.

I’ve rented through eBay before. No issues whatsoever. Most of the people renting on there are mega renters and not private owners. Check feedback. I’d probably not rent from anyone with zero feedback.

You can assume they at least should be legit by what they ask you after you win the auction. If you don’t get a follow up email asking for your name, address, and phone number then something is wrong. That needs to be entered into the Wyndham system when they book the room for you.

It looks like they have positive feedback on some rentals. When asking about how I can be sure it won't be a cancellation, they said one of their owners will be staying there during the dates I requested . They also added to add my and their comfort level, they haven't used their personal exceptions yet.

They are requesting a $200 deposit and I was going to respond if they sent that as an invoice that I could pay with paypal with a card that'd be fine (paypal used to have I think 6 months protection on Ebay purchases I believe). They will send that out as an offer that I would need to accept. The remaining balance would be do about 6 weeks from now.

They did not ask for name, address, phone number yet. How soon does that get put into the Wyndham system?

I've actually been looking on Go Koala but there doesn't seem to be any options for the dates I need. Redweek has a listing that could work if I back the dates of stay up by a day, but requested payments are bank check, money order, or bank transfer (I don't like the idea of not paying by something with more precautions in place). It's not a "verified and protected" listing.

Last edited:
It looks like they have positive feedback on some rentals. When asking about how I can be sure it won't be a cancellation, they said one of their owners will be staying there during the dates I requested . They also added to add my and their comfort level, they haven't used their personal exceptions yet.

They are requesting a $200 deposit and I was going to respond if they sent that as an invoice that I could pay with paypal with a card that'd be fine (paypal used to have I think 6 months protection on Ebay purchases I believe). They will send that out as an offer that I would need to accept. The remaining balance would be do about 6 weeks from now.

They did not ask for name, address, phone number yet. How soon does that get put into the Wyndham system?

I've actually been looking on Go Koala but there doesn't seem to be any options for the dates I need. Redweek has a listing that could work if I back the dates of stay up by a day, but requested payments are bank check, money order, or bank transfer (I don't like the idea of not paying by something with more precautions in place). It's not a "verified and protected" listing.

I read on old thread with someone booking from Ebay on disboards that you can call about two weeks out and double check that the reservation can be verified. Is that still correct? And if it is verified at that point then no risk of cancellation by Wyndham at that point? The reservation will supposedly be put in as soon as I pay the deposit.

Looks like they will allow cancellations up until 15 days out, but would lose the $200 deposit. They can offer insurance at $150 that would allow cancellation within 15 days of checking in...

Last edited:

If you are being booked on a guest certificate the same time the owner is there, if the owner cancels their reservation, I’m not certain, but pretty sure, your reservation will be canceled as well.

With the way things are now with the blackout dates, I would not take any risk on basing my vacation on whether someone else shows up for theirs.
As for when it gets put in your name, that depends who you rent from. I have had several reservations over the years that were not put in my name until one or two weeks prior. Other times, the reservation was made in my name immediately. It depends on who you’re renting from and what process they are using.

If you are being booked on a guest certificate the same time the owner is there, if the owner cancels their reservation, I’m not certain, but pretty sure, your reservation will be canceled as well.

With the way things are now with the blackout dates, I would not take any risk on basing my vacation on whether someone else shows up for theirs.
As for when it gets put in your name, that depends who you rent from. I have had several reservations over the years that were not put in my name until one or two weeks prior. Other times, the reservation was made in my name immediately. It depends on who you’re renting from and what process they are using.

I don't know how the process works for sure but the one renting out from an owner says they haven't used any of their owner exceptions yet as "extra protection".......

I'm a Club Wyndham owner and I have to say, the exceptions just don't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Anecdotal stuff on the TUG board seems to indicate that this is still new and pretty wishy-washy. And quite honestly, on the owner website there isn't any sort of documentation of our annual allotment or usage of the exceptions, you just have to kind of trust that you A) have two allotments to use, and B) haven't had them used up yet. Given what I've been seeing recently, they don't have a good tracking system yet for the exceptions and I would have a hard time "hanging my hat" on it. Which is really sad to say since before buying resale we were renters during busy seasons, and I really appreciated the rentals before committing to ownership!

I'm a Club Wyndham owner and I have to say, the exceptions just don't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Anecdotal stuff on the TUG board seems to indicate that this is still new and pretty wishy-washy. And quite honestly, on the owner website there isn't any sort of documentation of our annual allotment or usage of the exceptions, you just have to kind of trust that you A) have two allotments to use, and B) haven't had them used up yet. Given what I've been seeing recently, they don't have a good tracking system yet for the exceptions and I would have a hard time "hanging my hat" on it. Which is really sad to say since before buying resale we were renters during busy seasons, and I really appreciated the rentals before committing to ownership!
This is what I figured and why I have decided not to book anything during blackout dates. The people at Wyndham don’t seem to really know for sure what is going on either if you ask them. We use to go in October but moved to November to avoid the blackout issues. For us, waiting an extra month is worth it for peace of mind. I would hate to show up at WBC during a blackout month thinking I had a reservation and be told “Sorry, we don’t have a room for you because [insert whatever BS reason]”.

So there have been cases where a booked exception for someone who rented has been cancelled upon arrival and and the said renter turned away during a blackout date when the owner without a doubt hadn't used both of their exceptions or was also staying on property during the same dates?

So there have been cases where a booked exception for someone who rented has been cancelled upon arrival and and the said renter turned away during a blackout date when the owner without a doubt hadn't used both of their exceptions or was also staying on property during the same dates?
There's a recent thread on a similar scenario (family/friends and not renters), different resort and not Bonnet Creek, but still...
I'd recommend Googling 'tugbbs wyndham' and look for threads about owner priority. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just want to prevent any DIS friends from being burned.

There's a recent thread on a similar scenario (family/friends and not renters), different resort and not Bonnet Creek, but still...
I'd recommend Googling 'tugbbs wyndham' and look for threads about owner priority. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just want to prevent any DIS friends from being burned.

No I do want to know and wasn't trying to be snarky at all. Maybe I need to cancel. This would be my preferred lodging for 3 adults and 2 kids for my dates. The hotel side has a bunk bed option that holds 5 but with no kitchen or included breakfast, costs could add up.

No I do want to know and wasn't trying to be snarky at all. Maybe I need to cancel. This would be my preferred lodging for 3 adults and 2 kids for my dates. The hotel side has a bunk bed option that holds 5 but with no kitchen or included breakfast, costs could add up.
Here's the most recent thread from TUG about this situation. https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/o...tically-canceled-even-if-2-are-unused.335747/

Could you rent the TS unit from Wyndham directly? https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndh...orida/wyndham-vr-bonnet-creek-resort/overview

Thank you for linking that. Unfortunately no I can't book with Wyndham directly because the dates of the stay are late May through early June.

I did read through that thread a few times but it is a bit confusing...

This is a piece of conversation I got from the renter after asking some questions about the rental agreement I was sent: Your reservation only has to overlap an owner reservation by 1 day, and I have an owner checking in on May 29-June 4. I do also still have my 2 exceptions thus my understanding is that if I needed to cancel the owner reservation, you'd still be okay. I can commit to you that if that were to happen I would follow up for assurance with Wyndham that your reservation is safe. Let me know if you have any other questions about that.

Thank you for linking that. Unfortunately no I can't book with Wyndham directly because the dates of the stay are late May through early June.

This is a piece of conversation I got from the renter after asking some questions about the rental agreement I was sent: Your reservation only has to overlap an owner reservation by 1 day, and I have an owner checking in on May 29-June 4. I do also still have my 2 exceptions thus my understanding is that if I needed to cancel the owner reservation, you'd still be okay. I can commit to you that if that were to happen I would follow up for assurance with Wyndham that your reservation is safe. Let me know if you have any other questions about that.
Yes, the TUG thread is confusing because information people have gotten from Wyndham has been confusing and inconsistent. You might try posting a question on that TUG forum (registration as a Guest is free) - the Wyndham owners there are very helpful and will try hard to give you accurate information. Hopefully, your reservation will be honored.

Yes, the TUG thread is confusing because information people have gotten from Wyndham has been confusing and inconsistent. You might try posting a question on that TUG forum (registration as a Guest is free) - the Wyndham owners there are very helpful and will try hard to give you accurate information. Hopefully, your reservation will be honored.

I agree, the whole thing is confusing because people seem to be getting different info from different Wyndham agents, it just all seems a little vague and arbitrary. The owner you're working with certainly seems to be willing to do all of the right things to ensure it works out. @CarolynFH has a great suggestion to post on TUG for some more input. It is a great group of helpful people there!

I know there were towers being renovated but does anyone know if they are done renovating? I’m assuming 6 was the last one? We are coming in May and I like to request tower 5 or 6 but not if it’s going to be noisy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter