The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

They take regular, I believe. They are top loading stackable units (at least in the Deluxe, not sure about presidential). For what it's worth, I have extreme sensitivity to laundry detergent and the free one provided by bonnet creek is safe for me. It's fragrance and dye free, if memory serves.
Thanks!! Those would probably be fine. I am trying to make my shopping list as short as possible!

I second this. My husband and son have very sensitive skin and have no problem with the laundry soap provided.

Is the reservation process working smoothly now? We decided to take a last minute trip and VS had a 2BR less than 3 weeks out for $111 a night... I've used them 3 times before but seems like some people have had problems after the system update

We booked a last minute (30 days out - last minute for us anyway) trip for our first MNSSHP while we have annual passes. I had booked CBR but I didn't really want to pay that much for a 4 night trip and our days shifted by one day and there wasn't availability. We have a ressie in Dec for WBC through VS and so I booked there for this trip to try a shorter stay here before we make a final decision on Pop vs. WBC for the longer Dec. trip. I know the rooms are much bigger (no comparison really) but it would be our first off-property stay.

I had booked CBR over the phone while driving and hadn't written my confirmation number down and hadn't gotten the email before I got VS quote back so I couldn't try to change my CBR ressie on the computer. I called to get the confirmation number to cancel CBR and for reasons only you guys probably get I went ahead and tried to change CBR dates and location. Of course, since I had already impulsively paid for the VS ressie there was Pop availability and I was able to change it. WBC was still $200 cheaper than Pop, but now that I am reading about computer issues I am nervous. I am hoping for the best. And hoping to love WBC. POR has always been our happy place. But part of me thinks I should just write off the money lost for WBC and stick with Pop.

We are just back from the beach, so as you can tell I'm gearing up for our next trip. A week at WBC at the end of October!!

Do they have life jackets at the pools or lazy river for little kids?

We booked a last minute (30 days out - last minute for us anyway) trip for our first MNSSHP while we have annual passes. I had booked CBR but I didn't really want to pay that much for a 4 night trip and our days shifted by one day and there wasn't availability. We have a ressie in Dec for WBC through VS and so I booked there for this trip to try a shorter stay here before we make a final decision on Pop vs. WBC for the longer Dec. trip. I know the rooms are much bigger (no comparison really) but it would be our first off-property stay.

I had booked CBR over the phone while driving and hadn't written my confirmation number down and hadn't gotten the email before I got VS quote back so I couldn't try to change my CBR ressie on the computer. I called to get the confirmation number to cancel CBR and for reasons only you guys probably get I went ahead and tried to change CBR dates and location. Of course, since I had already impulsively paid for the VS ressie there was Pop availability and I was able to change it. WBC was still $200 cheaper than Pop, but now that I am reading about computer issues I am nervous. I am hoping for the best. And hoping to love WBC. POR has always been our happy place. But part of me thinks I should just write off the money lost for WBC and stick with Pop.

It sounds like you want to try WBC, but fear of the unknown is getting in the way. You will never know unless you stay there. If you are reading this thread, you must know that many people are highly satisfied with WBC.

I recall a trip a couple of years ago where we went to the Grand Floridian to visit some friends of ours, a family of 5, who was staying there while we were staying at WBC. When we left, our kids commented on how happy they were to get back to WBC where they had plenty of space.

You just won't know until you go.

In case Irma hits.... Has anyone stayed at wbc during a hurricane? I read great things about how Disney takes care of you so curious about wbc. We check in next Friday

Our upcoming stay will be our first off site. Like you, we booked an extra trip because we have APs. We have stayed at the Poly our last three visits.

If it helps, we are trying off site because the studio rooms are getting harder with growing kids and prices in site are getting out of control and will only go higher with gondola, new lands etc.

So we thought we should give off site with more rooms (so we aren't laying in a dark room at 8pm), a kitchen (we won't cook much but just having breakfast, some fruit, beer and generally not always eating fried seems nice), a washer/dryer (so I don't have to stress so much about packing) and less money a shot.

WBC seems like a perfect happy medium. It is close, has lots of pools and is a fraction of cost.

If we like it, the money saved on the hotel probably means we would go down more. We love Disney as a vacation with our kids being 7, 4 and 4.

I'm expecting a different flow to our vacation being offsite and getting around by rental car.

But, I think trying off site and in particular WBC is well worth it for people who are going more than once every few years.

For us, WBC feels less off-site than other options because it is still inside disney property, so we never leave the Disney bubble.

We also hate using busses, so we're driving a rental car no matter where we stay.

We are just back from the beach, so as you can tell I'm gearing up for our next trip. A week at WBC at the end of October!!

Do they have life jackets at the pools or lazy river for little kids?

I did not see any life jackets anywhere - by the pools or rivers.

Upatnoon - Exactly! I am not a fan of the unknown. But nor do I want to let fear hold me back or cost me money :).

Lalalyn - WBC certainly sounds like a great choice for a family of 5. Both my kids are in college now (though thankfully still at home) and most trips have just been the two of us the past few years. We may not need as much room as your family, but it still feels like WBC makes sense. I think the toaster will be heaven sent for me. The washer/dryer is a nice perk as well. Poly is still a dream for us one day though. And you are so right that it is getting harder and harder to justify the cost of an on-site stay. I can't even believe I just typed that!

Thank you both.

When is the right time to call WBC directly to make sure the reservation is now in my name? I'm preparing a "to do" calendar.

What Is your guys experience with requesting rooms. My preference is tower 4 high floor pool view. I don't want to make it so narrow they get irritated and give me nothing I very politely request at checkin. :) Also, have you noticed if you go early and checkin and wait for your room to be ready they can accommodate you better. Just trying to figure out checkin day. 12 days!

As a newb (read: never been there) to WBC, I figured this is the place to ask all the questions...

If I were to rent a timeshare week from someone for WBC that goes Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun but I can't get there until Monday night, do they allow that? Can I pay for a whole week, come late, and then still be sure my room will be there?

Two weeks I think
This sounds about right. Owners who cancel reservations less than 15 days prior to check in lose their points, so it is unlikely to get pulled at the last minute.

What Is your guys experience with requesting rooms.
In general WBC does not take requests, either prior to arrival or at check in. That doesn't mean that a very polite request when checking in isn't worth making, but don't count on anything in particular. I would think that earlier is better than later, but even that's no guarantee.

Can I pay for a whole week, come late, and then still be sure my room will be there?
This should not be a problem, but be sure to call (and possibly have the owner from whom you are renting call as well) to let them know.

If I were to rent a timeshare week from someone for WBC that goes Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun but I can't get there until Monday night, do they allow that? Can I pay for a whole week, come late, and then still be sure my room will be there?
Just a caution to be careful. If you are renting a week's reservation, make sure it's not an RCI exchange week that someone is renting out to you. Those rentals violate RCI rules and they are subject to cancellation by RCI or the resort - without notice to the renter.

Timeshare reservations are generally held empty for you, even if you don't show up until a day or two late... unless the specific resort has a rule otherwise and that is quite rare. As a Wyndham owner and timeshare vacationer for ~20 years, I have never heard that any Wyndham resort has such a rule. If you realize that you will not be able to arrive on check-in day, just notify the resort that you will be checking in late. By updating the resort daily, you certainly ought to have a room waiting for you to check-in at any time during the reservation period.

It is my understanding that the new Wyndham system no longer requires week stays to be sat-sat or sun-sun. You can do a Monday - Monday.

I am an RCI memeber looking to spend a week at WBC Easter week. ( we always go that week so I am aware of the crowd levels) seems to be nothing yet, do I just keep checking every day ? Any tips would be much appreciated!

Wyndham's bulk deposits have only been made through February 2018 at this time. Placing an OnGoing Search request (OGS) is the best way to snag a desirable week in RCI when a resort or system makes bulk deposits, as Wyndham does. An OGS may be started up to 2 years in advance of travel and they are supposedly filled as deposits are made, first come, first serve, as in, the earliest started OGS gets the first one. So there will likely be a LOT of other people on the Easter week 2018 wait list ahead of you.

Prime holiday weeks are also less likely to be deposited by Wyndham because Wyndham owners reserve those dates before bulk deposits are given to RCI. My suggestion would be to place an OGS for this year's trip and add the dates of next year's trip as well. Then consider an alternative for this year's trip since it's really a longshot. To be honest, I sincerely doubt Wyndham will deposit anything at all for Easter week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter