The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I just booked a room at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek for the end of march - just the regular hotel side of things at this resort. Are all the pools and amenities available to me as a hotel guest, or will it be limited?

I just booked a room at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek for the end of march - just the regular hotel side of things at this resort. Are all the pools and amenities available to me as a hotel guest, or will it be limited?
yes all the pools are available. I'm not 100% sure about the golf though but I think it is. The hotel hot tub is also the only one open, so bonus for you!

You will be able to use all of the pools and amenities throughout the resort. Have fun!

Very specific question... Here's hoping someone can answer! How many bath towels are in a 3 bedroom deluxe unit? We have a group of 8 adults and want to make sure everyone has a towel!

Very specific question... Here's hoping someone can answer! How many bath towels are in a 3 bedroom deluxe unit? We have a group of 8 adults and want to make sure everyone has a towel!
You can always just call and ask for more. It’s one of the first things we do after we get to our unit. My kids go through bath towels like crazy. They just drop off a big bag with several more sets (bath/hand/wash) in it and we keep them in one of the big closets until we need them.

It’s been years since we’ve booked a stay at Bonnet Creek. Aren't prices best within 6 weeks or something? Do they sell out often? Looking at a 4 day stay mid-April and wondering when I should be booking. I think we’ll book through Vacation Strategy? Is there cancellation flexibility with everything going on with Covid?

Does any one know if all the towers are open? I'm looking for the end of Feb, assumed it would be wide open because there is very little availability. So I was just wondering if they are really that full or if there is capacity off line.

Another question, has anyone successfully tipped the front desk people? I have basically no experience with the tipping for better service game, but last time I was at Bonnet Creek I tried to give the front desk person a $20 sandwich (bill between ID and Credit Card) while making my location request and she handed the bill back to me. First time I had ever tried to do that, and ended up feeling a little foolish (although, I got a great room).

Another question, has anyone successfully tipped the front desk people? I have basically no experience with the tipping for better service game, but last time I was at Bonnet Creek I tried to give the front desk person a $20 sandwich (bill between ID and Credit Card) while making my location request and she handed the bill back to me. First time I had ever tried to do that, and ended up feeling a little foolish (although, I got a great room).
No worries! Maybe they knew you were already getting a great room or there was no place to move you. Or maybe they were being watched by management or something.

Looks like this is the thread to go to for questions about Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We are headed to WDW in September. Originally it was supposed to be 5 of us (4 adults and one kid) and now there are 7 of us (6 adults and 1 kid). We were originally going to stay at AS Movies and get two connecting rooms. That was going to be over $2k. I saw a recommendation for Wyndham Bonnet Creek on another thread. I saw the two bedroom suite can be booked on the advanced reservation rate for about $950. Everything about the room looks like it would do the job. My wife and I would take the master and my daughter and her friends could take the room with the double beds and my son could take the fold out couch. For you WBC experts, am I thinking correctly that this would work out?

Also, does the hotel have a shuttle to the parks? We will have a rental car, but my guess is that the group will eventually split up at points and be at different parks. So one of the groups would need a way to get back to the hotel if they are not at the park where the car is.

Are there extra parking and resort fees for WBC?

Anything else I am missing?

Sorry for all the questions. WBC really intrigues me the more I look into it.

Yes, that bed situation would work. But for 6 adults and 1 kid, definitely look into a 3 bedroom. You will still be in better shape financially than the "2 bedroom" at ASMov. Only one car for 6 adults? I would use Uber/Lyft, not the shuttles. Even with a three bedroom and added Uber fees, you'll probably still come out ahead of the cost of the 2 rooms at ASMov.

Your other questions have been answered many times over, so just read back through a few pages of this thread, especially the very first post. Or search the thread. Or both.

Yes, that bed situation would work. But for 6 adults and 1 kid, definitely look into a 3 bedroom. You will still be in better shape financially than the "2 bedroom" at ASMov. Only one car for 6 adults? I would use Uber/Lyft, not the shuttles. Even with a three bedroom and added Uber fees, you'll probably still come out ahead of the cost of the 2 rooms at ASMov.

Your other questions have been answered many times over, so just read back through a few pages of this thread, especially the very first post. Or search the thread. Or both.

Looks like the 3 bedroom is not available during our dates. Only the two bedroom.

Looks like the 3 bedroom is not available during our dates. Only the two bedroom.
Two bedroom should be OK. A little crowded for all those girls in one room, but still way better than an ASMo room.

I'm really surprised all 3 bedrooms are booked for September. I would continue to check over time.

Okay, be gentle, please be gentle!

I'm debating booking Bonnet Creek for the very first time. I've been to WDW over 20 times in my life and always stayed on property. My wife and I are going down in September for the (hopefully still on) DIS Family Meetup. We were thinking this time of saving money (almost half the price!) of staying here instead of Beach Club. A couple questions:

Is it a nice resort for a married young couple (no kids)?
My wife is AMPED about the lazy river pool, is it really fun?

What's the difference between standard room and deluxe view room on the WDW website for this resort?

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me.

- Kyle

Okay, be gentle, please be gentle!

I'm debating booking Bonnet Creek for the very first time. I've been to WDW over 20 times in my life and always stayed on property. My wife and I are going down in September for the (hopefully still on) DIS Family Meetup. We were thinking this time of saving money (almost half the price!) of staying here instead of Beach Club. A couple questions:

Is it a nice resort for a married young couple (no kids)?
My wife is AMPED about the lazy river pool, is it really fun?

What's the difference between standard room and deluxe view room on the WDW website for this resort?

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me.

- Kyle
First, I'm not sure if this is the correct Bonnet Creek you are thinking about.

This is about the Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare resort. It is not a WDW resort and you can't buy a "view" like you can with Disney resorts.

There is also the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek hotel, which is part of the same resort complex, and the Hilton Bonnet Creek, which is next door. Those places likely do have different rates for different views.

As for a couple with no kids, this resort is fine. Like all resorts around Disney, there will be kids. If you don't like the kids where you are, you can always move to a different pool.

WBC has two lazy rivers, both not extremely long. One is themed and the other is not.

The best way to book the timeshare Bonnet Creek is through an owner, a broker, on ebay of many other places. You can book via the resort but usually you will pay more.

Yes, Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort is a beautiful, romantic resort for a young couple with no kids. As with most resorts near WDW, there will be kids there. But this resort is built around a lake, with lovely landscaping and lighting. The Wyndham Grand Orlando (hotel) on shared property is upscale and beautiful too, with indoor and outdoor bars and restaurants, which may be attended by fewer kids.

There are actually a couple lazy rivers... we really love the one near Tower 5! It's pretty and themed to a Spanish fortress story line. The lakeside pool complex by Wyndham Grand is themed to a pirate ship, with half of the complex appealing more to families with kids and the other half appealing more to a pool/bar crowd. Guests staying at both the timeshare resort and at the hotel are granted access to the entire, shared property and amenities.

Not sure what you mean about standard rooms vs. deluxe view rooms. Timeshare owners don't see a "standard" category of room when booking with points. Perhaps they mean rooms on lower floors that look outward toward the parking lots? Rooms facing the central lake and upper floor rooms facing out above the trees will pretty much all have nice views. There is a "Presidential" category of rooms and these all have upgraded furnishings, granite countertops, very nice views of the lake and/or fireworks (if fireworks are offered). The regular category of rooms are still very nice, well-appointed, and they're called "Deluxe".

I’m confused then as to which thread to post in.
I see on the WDW website that you may book rooms at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek or at Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek. Both of these upscale hotels (and their restaurants) have been given great reviews by some YouTube vloggers. Yes, either of them would probably be an excellent choice for a young couple without kids!!! The lazy river is at the Hilton but guests at both hotels are permitted to use both hotel's pools. :) All three of these resorts (Wyndham, Hilton, Waldorf Astoria) in the Bonnet Creek resort area are just a short drive/Lyft/Uber to the Beach Club.

Don't know the difference between view categories. You may want to put the actual name of your selected hotel in the thread heading of a new thread that you post in this forum, to ask your questions and for feedback from people who have stayed there. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter